No Flash Support For Nintendo 3DS Browser

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
Bobic said:
Jonci said:
Bad move, Nintendo. Don't this companies ever pay attention the failures of others (ie Apple's iPhone).
Please tell me you're being facetious. Apple's iphone is a massive success and it's app market rakes in crap loads of cash. This wouldn't be the case if all those wonderful flash games were available for free. Which is the exact reason behind Nintendo's exclusion of flash on their system.
I am not. Why would I want a smart phone that can't view a large number of Flash websites? Flash is a powerful tool many web devs are using. To me, it is a basic requirement for a browsing device.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
annoying but I have a computer so ultimately I dont care

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
If true, this is unfortunate. The DSi store certainly suggests that Nintendo sees the value of quick, easy, "pick-up-and-play" games, and while many people have a variety of devices available to them (smart phones, computers, etc.) the more people need to bring multiple devices with them to get all their functionality, the less appealing adding one more device to the list of things to lug around becomes.

It's unwise to remind people your device isn't a "swiss army knife" affair, especially when some of them have, or are considering, smartphones.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Jonci said:
Bobic said:
Jonci said:
Bad move, Nintendo. Don't this companies ever pay attention the failures of others (ie Apple's iPhone).
Please tell me you're being facetious. Apple's iphone is a massive success and it's app market rakes in crap loads of cash. This wouldn't be the case if all those wonderful flash games were available for free. Which is the exact reason behind Nintendo's exclusion of flash on their system.
I am not. Why would I want a smart phone that can't view a large number of Flash websites? Flash is a powerful tool many web devs are using. To me, it is a basic requirement for a browsing device.
I'm not saying I think flash isn't an important thing to have, I'm just saying that the iphone isn't a failure. At all.

Yokijirou

Apr 9, 2008
People people people. It's just Flash. Oh noes, can't go to this or that website. Oh noes I can't play Toss the Turtle. Oh noes I can't watch Youtube.

Go home and go on your computer. >:O

Trust me, those Youtube videos are not going anywhere anytime soon and if you love Rebbecca Black's Friday song so much, buy it.

The shovel-ware on the Wii helped companies drowning in High Definition Debit stay afloat. If you're drowning you'll grab on to whatever you can to stay from sinking.

Most developers didn't want to create "two" versions of most of their games :{O
If the Wii was "HD" a simple poop and port, bam, another CoD on another console.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
have you ever played games on the internet on the wii. It horrible. the 3ds cant be much better.

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
Bobic said:
Jonci said:
Bobic said:
Jonci said:
I'm not saying I think flash isn't an important thing to have, I'm just saying that the iphone isn't a failure. At all.
The iPhone in total isn't a failure, but the ban on Flash is. There was plenty of bad will against it for lacking that feature. The 3DS isn't in a market position to be costing themselves tech points.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
I honestly could not care less about the lack of flash support. To all of you clamoring about how the device is ruined because you can't play flash games on it, let me ask you this: How exactly would you plan on playing it? Any flash game that requires button input would be unplayable even if the system was designed to play Flash, and in the first place, why is an internet browser supposed to be a selling point? I honestly don't even know why they're bothering to include it, why surf the internet on your 3DS when you can just use a laptop? Or is it that gaming devices are like phones now, where the core mechanic (making phone calls, or in this case, playing games), is secondary to all the bells and whistles that are advertised?

Krystina McAwesome

Jun 8, 2011
It doesn't effect me much. Usually when I'm somewhere with an internet connection, I have an actual computer with me (at home I have my desktop, when I go out and I know I'm going to be using the internet, I take my netbook.) I guess if I was somewhere with just my 3DS and no computer, I could use the internet to kill some time... but I wouldn't be THAT desperate to play Flash games or watch youtube videos. That can always wait til I get home, after all. If I was that bored and I wanted to play something, I could always play, you know, a Nintendo DS game instead.

Bill Rios

Jun 19, 2011
GreatTeacherCAW said:
I don't think my first question would be "Why doesn't the 3DS have flash support?" I think it would be "Why the hell did you buy a 3DS?"
Because I like video games. And um, also because I have a ridiculously large amount of disposable income. 250 bucks? That's almost free! ;)

But yeah, no flash?! Booooo. I can't believe how boring the internet is without flash. I actually tried to register as a new user on this site through my 3ds lol. No dice, the capcha image didn't show up so I couldn't register...

The browser on 3ds is actually great except for the damn no flash problem... it really begs to have flash.

Other than that I love my 3DS. I never had a DS system or even game boy back in the day. So this thing is like the holy grail for me. 'Zelda: Link's awakening dx'... really?! And 'Cave Story'? That f'n game is awesome!

I didn't buy an ipod neither, but I found out that I can hook my 3ds up to my power amp and 4 12" speaker cabinet and use the nintendo 3ds sound app. I'm gonna throw a keg party soon... Krystina McAwesome you'll be there right? :)