No Man's Sky PC Version Gets Last-Minute Delay

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Yeah, delays and delays. It's still probably going to be a buggy mess. That's almost always the case, particularly with PC delays.

Final7111

Aug 6, 2011
Fensfield said:
Honestly? I'm .. almost glad. I mean I am glad in that they're taking the time they need - people that rag on developers for delays to their formal release really get up my nose, even when their projects aren't crowd-funded. But given the nature of No Man's Sky and its goals and priorities, it seemed terribly uncomfortable that different parts of the world were getting at it at such widely differing dates.
My problem isnt with Delays I'd rather have a finished game then a broken one. However with even Delayed games still being broke on release theres a problem, not to mention that delays should be a rare thing, not a every game thats announced thing. The fact that just about every game gets delayed now is my problem, dont announce a release date if you cant make it! After years and years of every game getting delayed you'd think they get a handle on when they actually can release a game but instead all the publishers care about are the people who will pre-order 2 years before the game is even supposed to come out(and they gets delayed 3 months to a year!).

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
Thanks to good ol' Australian internet, chances are that my PS4 preorder will be delayed aswell :(

ErrrorWayz

Jun 25, 2016
Voxoid said:
Thanks to good ol' Australian internet, chances are that my PS4 preorder will be delayed aswell :(
And randomly censored! :)

Or did they stop doing that now?

I am really torn between buying this now and actually waiting to see if it's good. The delay may actually save my wallet.

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
ErrrorWayz said:
Voxoid said:
And randomly censored! :)

Or did they stop doing that now?

I am really torn between buying this now and actually waiting to see if it's good. The delay may actually save my wallet.
Yeah still happens. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the censorship board found and considered much of the alien life inappropriate and replaced them with standard road signs or something stupid like that lol.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Eh, it's just a few days. No biggie. Better than launching with some crippling bug, right?
Three extra days to fix a crippling bug

Give it a week or two then I might actually believe it. Fixing bugs don't have deadlines, they have targets. If the bug is difficult to debug then I don't think three days gives enough breathing room.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Steven Bogos said:
Let's hope PC players don't get too jealous of their PS4 brethren getting the game a few days early...
Don't worry. Given the time it will take for you guys to connect to PSN and download the Day One patch, both groups should start playing around the same time.

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
Preload has added itself to the list. 3.4GB. That couldn't be the whole game could it?

Kahani

May 25, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of real world test of Zeno's paradox - the delays will get ever shorter, but we'll never quite catch up to the actual release.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Voxoid said:
Preload has added itself to the list. 3.4GB. That couldn't be the whole game could it?
procedurically generated means that you need far less assets to build much higher area of gameplay. Its also always online so it can just parse info from online in how to combine those assets.

Voxoid

Nov 28, 2013
Strazdas said:
Voxoid said:
procedurically generated means that you need far less assets to build much higher area of gameplay. Its also always online so it can just parse info from online in how to combine those assets.
Yeah, I understand procedural generation but that still seems like it's a bit too low. Thats either a lot of low quality assets that will have all sorts of effects/deformations added to them or very few high quality assets which worries me a little bit about variation. Though in one other article I was reading (can't find the source) it said thst the retail disc was apparently 6+GB so there's probably a good chance of a 2+GB day one patch lol. Only a day to wait and I guess we'll find out.

Merlark

Dec 18, 2003
not sure what they can fix in three days but whatever. they are asking AAA money so we are expecting a AAA experince, a working game would go a long way to prove an indie company can produce what the big guys do.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Voxoid said:
Strazdas said:
Voxoid said:
Yeah, I understand procedural generation but that still seems like it's a bit too low. Thats either a lot of low quality assets that will have all sorts of effects/deformations added to them or very few high quality assets which worries me a little bit about variation. Though in one other article I was reading (can't find the source) it said thst the retail disc was apparently 6+GB so there's probably a good chance of a 2+GB day one patch lol. Only a day to wait and I guess we'll find out.
Well what we saw from the game so far does look like very low fidelity graphics, and textures are one of the primary reasons for size bloat.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
As time passed, the hype I had for this came switched to concern and finally distrust. The amount of things the game claims that can be done coupled with the gameplay trailers I have seen (and the review embargo) don't seem to be up to the hype level it got.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Dammit! Now all the good planets will be named by those Playstation Plebeians!

(Tongue thoroughly in cheek. Have fun, and let us poor bastards know what we're in for.)