No matter how open-minded...

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
There are just two things I cant stand, People who are intolerant of other peoples races & beliefs, and the dutch.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
that people still buy COD.
that people enjoy the Seltzer Berg movies.
inb4

that we still have console wars mark my words when the PS4/WII2/Xbox 720 the mods are going to have their hands full deleting 720VSPS4 threads.
PS
people who follow a religion so they don,t end up in hell.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
People who make illoggical descisions. Go ahead, call me a vulcan, but I see no point in doing things where there are better alternatives. It's why I hate the right wing and fundies, ESPICIALLY religous fundies.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Insanum said:
There are just two things I cant stand, People who are intolerant of other peoples races & beliefs, and the dutch.
My vinky vas a key!

Burn2Feel

Jan 20, 2010
Togs said:
The religious, I dont get how people can overlook the barbarity and outmoded moral concepts thats rife throughout religion. I dont get how these people can then say they hold the moral high ground, that as an atheist Im spiritually dead and morally suspect.
If Im totally honest it makes me very angry.
Seems to me that you have only met one kind of religious person.

Mine would be those who refuse to have an open mind or consider others at any point. Street Preachers are amongst the worst, they turn up and try to convert as many as possible and condemn those who don't believe. As a Christian, it makes me feel quite embarassed and ashamed that my beliefs are even similar to their own. But it's also the ignorant that I can't understand, surely it isn't THAT hard to look from another's point of view once in a blue moon?

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
people who don't accept evolution because they are religious or whatever. Its like how can you not believe in something that has been proven by scientific FACT?, or when they go "the scientific community is divided on this matter" NO IT FUCKING ISN'T. and when the come up with the stupidest arguments to support there opinions for example: "where are the transitional fossils?" EVERY FOSSIL IS A TRANSITIONAL FOSSIL (is that how you spell fossil? i dunno) "why aren't monkeys at the zoo evolving into humans???" when they pull this one out of there ass i have a "i don't want to live n this planet anymore" moment and i go mental and break shit!.

Zero Serenity

Nov 21, 2009
Faith. And I'm not just talking about religion, I'm talking about other people in general. You either know based on evidence or just making excuses.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
I don't understand people who do things 'out of the goodness of their heart'. There's no profit for the doer, unless the doer has the ideas of favours in mind, it just seems illogical to me.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
CrashBang said:
...you try to be, there's always that one thing you can't wrap your head around.

For me, it's people who aren't moved by music, people who are fine with listening to the radio or club music because it's easy to dance to or it's simple, people who don't go looking for music that inspires them or brings out all manner of emotion/feeling to the surface (be it joy, excitement, anger, passion etc). These are the things I can't accept/understand, no matter how wide I open my mind.

So what's your one thing that you can't grasp?
Dance music does bring out emotions. Listening to some good house, dubstep or drum and bass always makes me feel better. Happiness counts as an emotion, right? Then there's the feeling of wanting to dance, maybe not an emotion as such, but it is a feeling. What exactly counts aas music that makes you "feel" anyway? Can I have examples of what's acceptable?

I personally don't understand religion. I can understand why we had it many a year ago, when science as such didn't really exist as it does now, but I don't see the need to believe in a God anymore. Although, I should point out, that just like race or sexual orientation, I wouldn't not associate with you just for being a religious person.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
German grammar...
IT MAKES NO SENSE!!

Edit: So many people saying they can't understand religious people. Here is a slightly logical answer:
If [insert deity here] does exist: you will go to heaven or be reborn as a cow or something.
If it doesn't exist: doesn't matter now that you're dead, does it?

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
I can't understand why we as a country have to get involved with every little thing that goes on in the middle east. Sometimes, we just have to let them fight about whatever the hell they want to fight about, especailly when one global superpower is backing another country.

*stares at the current situation between Russia and the US over Syria*

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
People who publish some soppy status or shitty little poem on facebook whenever they think of a dead loved one, or around the anniversary of said loved ones death.

If you wanna remember/mourn someone then for fuck sake do it in your head. Don't go putting that crap on facebook just to get a few damned pity likes.

.....It's almost as if the Captcha is trying to call me a complete asshole o_O

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Gearhead mk2 said:
People who make illoggical descisions. Go ahead, call me a vulcan, but I see no point in doing things where there are better alternatives. It's why I hate the right wing and fundies, ESPICIALLY religous fundies.
I'm sure they don't think it's illogical. I find it a little pretentious that you're assuming everyone understands formal logic and abductive reasoning and has access to the kind of information that you've been exposed to. In fact, I find it a little pretentious that you think all the decisions you make are "logical." I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've never met anyone who hasn't made a few decisions or formed a few beliefs based on informal fallacies and plain old thoughtlessness. And in my experience, people tend to do it very often. This includes me. I'm almost positive I do it even more than I think I do too - it's very difficult to discern your wrongheadedness from your own perspective.

OT: I don't get aesthetic (not like military-related or something like that) tattoos. They're certainly cool looking and all, but they're forever. Nothing looks so cool that I think "I will always want to have this image attached to and associated with me for the rest of my life."

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
how a McDonald's burger can be classed as a burger when it has nothing but cardboard in it?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Everything can be explained, but nothing everything can be understood.

Why do we exist at all?

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
Buchholz101 said:
People who dye their hair.

I can handle nose rings, nipple piercings, earrings, belly-button rings, and tattoos, but dying your hair, or altering any aspect of your body that you were born with just doesn't feel right.

Same with any cosmetic surgery.
That's funny, I'm the exact opposite. I can't understand why anyone wants to put metal into their bodies or tattoos on their skin (I accept earrings since they're culturally ingrained, but they're still kind of weird to me and guys with earrings are just as weird as the others for me). They seem as reasonable to me as walking around with a big stick pointing out of your arm; its just an unnatural addition to your body.

Changing your physical appearance within the realm of still being a normal person seems perfectly reasonable to me, though. If you don't like how your hair naturally grows, you get it cut. If you don't like its natural color, you dye it (though dying to a weird color goes back to my problems with the other stuff). Plastic surgery is a pretty extreme response to that, though, considering it is surgery. Plus its almost always obvious, but if they got it to where you didn't look made-of-plastic, I would be more accepting.