No Multiplayer in Prototype

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
scarbunny said:
Cousin_IT said:
scarbunny said:
Thank god for that.

Not every game needs mulitplayer!
but it does mean the single player has to be that much more awesome to justify the pricetag
I guess, but Id rather tham spend time fininshing the single player than trying to shoe horn a crap multiplayer mode in because everyone else does it.

Bioshock didnt need it, so it didnt have it no problem.
The 2nd one will supposedly have it... what could be the use of that?
Plasmid duels with buddies and baddies?

Shadowlolz

Mar 25, 2009
Multiplayer is not a necessity it is not what you should buy a game for buy it for a stoey gameplay great visuals all tied to make an experience.

Donbett1974

Jan 28, 2009
How would multi-player work on prototype work a bunch of unstoppable killing machines trying to kill each other.It would go against the feeling of the game their going after.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Some games, especially on pc, don't need multiplayer. Like Crysis. Had they focused more on the singpleplayer it could have been so much better, and a multiplayer mod would have come along eventually. Same with Half Life 2, eventually they released a multiplayer version, and several multiplayer mods have been released.

thatdude1243

Dec 28, 2008
it would have been only two player, im pretty sure that the designers knew if they threw in a whole bunch of prototypes it would go against the games purpose. honestly i think it would be sick as hell to have one friend in the game to screw around with, but i read that the games single player would suffer so im glad they are saving it for the second one

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Khell_Sennet said:
Cousin_IT said:
scarbunny said:
Thank god for that.

but it does mean the single player has to be that much more awesome to justify the pricetag
Actually, I find a game WITH multiplayer needs a more hardcore single-player experience to justify itself, because I see multiplayer as a thrown-in effort saver. Oh geeze, Halo 2 is only half as long as Halo 1, lets throw in some multiplayer levels at a tenth the time to make, and it's all good...
Halo 1 could be beat on normal in 2 1/2 hours :p
One could argue MP maps require massive amounts of playtesting for balance.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
This pleases Me, too many games focus on a rich online experience and make the single player bollocks.

*Crosses Fingers that Prototype will be win.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
cloudleet said:
I think multiplayer would be interesting. Maybe no co-op, but like, play with a friend and just run around and kick each others asses while fighting the military and stuff at the same time.
You can play Crackdown and do the same thing :)

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
scarbunny said:
Cousin_IT said:
scarbunny said:
Thank god for that.

I guess, but Id rather tham spend time fininshing the single player than trying to shoe horn a crap multiplayer mode in because everyone else does it.

Bioshock didnt need it, so it didnt have it no problem.
Grammar please.
/assholery

Bioshock 2 is getting a shoe-horned multiplayer. Just thought I'd say.

I don't think it makes much sense to put multiplayer in a game that doesn't need one. GTAIV certainly didn't need it, but it got it. Its one of the better ones, yet Chronicles of Riddick could have done without it. It depends on what type of game you have on your hands to determine the usefulness of multiplayer.