No one buying $1 million Sarah Palin-signed Xbox 360

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
zfactor said:
Pirate Kitty said:
I don't get all the hate for her. I'm not a U.S citizen, nor have I ever been there, so I certainly cannot make a call on the issue, but I've yet to hear anything bad about her - except a lot of hate, which seems to be for hate's sake. I'd love to figure out why this is so.

OT: Why anyone would pay for anything signed by anyone is beyond me. Oh look, it has lines on it... how nice.
They're squiggles.

All the hate is because... I actually don't know and I line in Chicago... She just seems kinda strange to me. And Saturday Night Live had an actress that looked erily similar.

Ah Tina Fey... Tina Fey... Damn. Raise your hand, if you were with Tina Fey, would you ever ask her to wear the Sarah Palin outfit?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
AzrealMaximillion said:
Dude, if I said that there was 6 continents on the planet instead of 7 in school, I'd still get full marks. Here's why.

In Europe (and a lot of other parts of the world that aren't North America), students are taught that there are 6 continents because they count N.& S. America as one.

In a lot of places students are taught that they can optionally name Antarctica as a continent on tests. It's like how technically we should be calling Australia a part of Oceania as to encompass Micronesia, and Polynesia and whatnot. It's they way it's taught. That's why it's not wrong. Nice try though.
Of course in another country, but wasn't going by other countries, I was going by the US. If I had put only six continents on my paper back in the day, I would have got a point off for leaving one off. I also know the same happened to a few kids my nephew knows from school, a few months ago.

Besides, if people in other countries are going to go with the bizarre North and South America one continent thing, they at least need to do their way right. They should do things all the way and count Europe, Asia, and Africa all as one continent. The only way North and South America can be counted as one continent is by that they are connected by land. Europe, Asia, and Africa are more so connected by land. All matters are by land, because nothing else is used to determine a continent, ask any properly educated geographer, I know because I asked two. In the normal way, though North and South America are connected, they are separate continents but can't be counted as one because the landmass would be too big to be called a normal continent. That is exactly why in counting continents, Europe is separated from Asia, and Asia from Africa.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
Wouldn't you feel stupid if you spend one million on an xbox just to look cool, and one week later the thing RRODs on you.

Laze

Apr 17, 2009
People hate her because:

1. She believes that global warming is a myth dreamed up by liberals for solely political purposes. She's not just arguing that it's not as bad as it's made out to be (which is a reasonable position) - she's denying the existence of the entire phenomenon.

2. She doesn't believe in contraception, only abstinence teaching, which has been proven to fail miserably.

3. She is borderline racist on Middle East issues, and her attitude seems to be more or less "nuke the f*ckers"

4. She has demonstrated a lot of ignorance of things as basic as geography with some of her public quotes (there are some juicy reservoirs online, Google is your friend)

5. She's so desperate for attention that she starred in a REALITY SHOW. This woman wants to be President?

The list goes on. That is why the Xbox has not sold.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Gamers tend to be intelligent people, or at least capable of thinking. Nobody who likes Sarah PayMe is either. I fail to see how anyone thought this was a good idea.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
I don't get all the hate for her. I'm not a U.S citizen, nor have I ever been there, so I certainly cannot make a call on the issue, but I've yet to hear anything bad about her - except a lot of hate, which seems to be for hate's sake. I'd love to figure out why this is so.
She's a(n exceptionally) stupid individual, plus:

Laze said:
People hate her because:

1. She believes that global warming is a myth dreamed up by liberals for solely political purposes. She's not just arguing that it's not as bad as it's made out to be (which is a reasonable position) - she's denying the existence of the entire phenomenon.

2. She doesn't believe in contraception, only abstinence teaching, which has been proven to fail miserably.

3. She is borderline racist on Middle East issues, and her attitude seems to be more or less "nuke the f*ckers"

4. She has demonstrated a lot of ignorance of things as basic as geography with some of her public quotes (there are some juicy reservoirs online, Google is your friend)

5. She's so desperate for attention that she starred in a REALITY SHOW. This woman wants to be President?

The list goes on. That is why the Xbox has not sold.
The fact that she seems to be pining for the position of President (essentially the most powerful political role in the word), and that Americans seem to be shifting back to the Republicans is a large concern, and I'm not even American.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
That's just ridiculous. A used console with an autograph of Sarah Palin, for 1 million USD? Simply ridiculous.

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
I think this guy doesn't realize that for a million $ you can buy an Xbox360, fly to Palin's house, pay her to sign it and still have enough money left to buy a big HD tv and spend a hell of a weekend in Las Vegas.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Dude, if I said that there was 6 continents on the planet instead of 7 in school, I'd still get full marks. Here's why.

In Europe (and a lot of other parts of the world that aren't North America), students are taught that there are 6 continents because they count N.& S. America as one.

In a lot of places students are taught that they can optionally name Antarctica as a continent on tests. It's like how technically we should be calling Australia a part of Oceania as to encompass Micronesia, and Polynesia and whatnot. It's they way it's taught. That's why it's not wrong. Nice try though.
Of course in another country, but wasn't going by other countries, I was going by the US. If I had put only six continents on my paper back in the day, I would have got a point off for leaving one off. I also know the same happened to a few kids my nephew knows from school, a few months ago.

Besides, if people in other countries are going to go with the bizarre North and South America one continent thing, they at least need to do their way right. They should do things all the way and count Europe, Asia, and Africa all as one continent. The only way North and South America can be counted as one continent is by that they are connected by land. Europe, Asia, and Africa are more so connected by land. All matters are by land, because nothing else is used to determine a continent, ask any properly educated geographer, I know because I asked two. In the normal way, though North and South America are connected, they are separate continents but can't be counted as one because the landmass would be too big to be called a normal continent. That is exactly why in counting continents, Europe is separated from Asia, and Asia from Africa.
Well seeing as how I'm not from the U.S. that's not how I was taught. Next time you tell someone that they'd lose marks for putting something on a test in school make sure they use the same standard as you.

Back to the original point, at least I knew that Africa is a continent, unlike Sarah Palin.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
The problem is - If you are a millionaire, meeting Sarah Palin isn't that hard at all to accomplish. You may have already done it on accident. Recreating this item is easy for any millionaire with interest and they can get it much cheaper than a million dollars.

I don't think he thought this through. (I didn't even bring up the conservatives war on gaming to further concrete. Well, now I have.)

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
This has more to do with the price tag than with the person, je pense.
If it had been one or two thousand, it would likely have been more successful.

Oh, and the war on gaming is not completely partisan.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Woodsey said:
It is a myth in the sense of how it is believed by most. The global climate changes often, this is near undeniable, but humans have no effect what so ever on this natural occurrence. As far as we can tell, there has been five mass extinctions wherein a massive proportion of the Earth's inhabitants died out and all of these happened way before humans appeared on the scene - The Ice Age being the most famous and recent of them. The entire notion of the 'carbon footprint' is stupid. Remember the 80's? They said back then we were under global cooling and that the Earth was going to freeze over. Now they say we are enduring global warming caused by carbon emissions (which cars and factories do not account the majority for - that honour goes to the act of breathing) and are causing the ice caps to melt. Yes, they are melting. We had a period where the entire planet froze over. Now Earth is rising in temperature naturally, as it has done many, many times in the past, so the caps are melting. Go figure.
Whether it's being influenced by us or not is still up for debate, and as someone else has said, arguing that point is fair enough. She just claims it's a liberal conspiracy and that it's simply not happening in any form (human influence or not).

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Why would you want to get Sarah Palin's autograph? Furthermore, why would you want to get Sarah Palin's autograph on an Xbox 360? This just seems too bizarre for anyone to do.