No One Wants to Air The Kennedys

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Fumbleumble said:
Well if it's even partially based on the REAL truth of the Kennedy clan, then it's absolutely a politically based decision... anyway there's no way the American's would accept the truth about their beloved Kennedys... JF was martyrised after his death and none of the real shit the family was responsible for was ever spoken about again in circles that could even remotely be called a public forum.

Take a close look at Joe and Ted.. you might then get an actual inkling (albeit, prohivitively restrictive) of the dealing that the Kennnedys have had throughout their history.

Does anyone here actually remember Chappaquidick?
My dad and I were talking about this movie the other day and basically we both said it wouldn't air because the media doesn't want to hurt the Kennedy Myth.

I love when I hear people talking about how Kennedy was for stuff like the Civil Rights movement and how he pretty much did more for it than anyone save Martin Luther King, Jr. when if you read unbiased accounts, all three Kennedy brothers were racist behind closed doors and only put up the front to care about the black population in America to help themselves get elected.

That's just one thing they don't teach in schools or portray in movies about America's "Royal Family", not to mention the rapists and murderers they have produced that get swept under the rug.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Is anyone else thinking about that one scene from Clone High, when JFK was racing in his car, saying, "Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys!"?

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Depending on how far along the production of it was I give it a year at most before it's episodes start to get "leaked" to sites like TPB if nobody picks it up.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
xitel said:
You know, I've been well aware of the kind of machinations that the Kennedy patriarch put his children through, and the "debauchery" that JFK got up to is pretty well known, to be honest. Not to mention that, from the looks of the trailer, it doesn't even focus on John, but rather the family as a whole. Joseph Kennedy was, honestly, a mastermind. I'd love to have seen this miniseries, and I really hope that it comes out on another network. I can understand that it may not be strict factual truth, but it certainly looks interesting.
If it has a good story to it, then it will still be worth watching. It isn't going to be even 80% truth as you can bet a lot of conspiracy crap* will be thrown in. I enjoy watching JFK but don't take anything real from that.
I couldn't help but notice that Ted wasn't featured. Instead it just focuses on Jack, Bobby, and the big Kennedy-meister himself. Interesting...
Seeing Tom Wilkinson playing ol' Joe perks my interest. I've always enjoyed his stuff that I have seen.

*:As in stuff theorized, deduced, and satirized with nothing solid to base it on.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
Xiado said:
Well, you forget to mention that this "documentary" was produced by right wing interests, and is full of blatant lies and slander. I think that's where the History Channel draws the line.
Oh noes! It's made by Republicans, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU, THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU.

Narcogen

Rampant.
Jul 26, 2006
Elizabeth Grunewald said:

The Kennedys will still air in Canada and abroad, though, so let us know how it is.

Which means it will be on the Internet at some point.

Which means they haven't stopped it from being seen in the US, only stopped anyone profiting from it being seen in the US.

Good show.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
What I really don't understand about John Kennedy is that minorities love him so much. Lyndon Johnson did far more than Kennedy ever did for minorities. Kennedy was a spoiled rich child, who's family had mob ties, charisma, and money. They were also philanderers, liars, and in the case of old Teddy could also be tried for manslaughter. The political side of the family seemed to use minorities as a safety deposit box, promise to vote for social services, and they get to keep their office. Never mind the little sister that they had lobotomized because they didn't want her embarrassing them with her less than elite demure. I just fail to see how people still think Kennedy was such a wonderful president. He botched the Bay of Pigs, and then managed to not start a nuclear war because the original plan went tits up. He didn't do anything, at all. All he did was enamor the nation because a pretty white boy became president by promising grand things he didn't, and didn't try to deliver on.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Xiado said:
Well, you forget to mention that this "documentary" was produced by right wing interests, and is full of blatant lies and slander. I think that's where the History Channel draws the line.
And pigs fly into a butter bowl and smear themselves on your toast.

---------

Doesn't matter if the stuff in this thing is true or not, which most likely a good deal of it is true. There is a good deal about a lot of things in American history that is built on lies. And lies about thousands or more people air every year on television, and they don't get taken down or not allowed to air.

It is clear that this was politically shot down, which is a shame. Oh, we can't be tarnishing the "immaculate" name of Kennedy.

Hopefully it at least gets released on DVD. Though that might not happen, all the copies will probably get "lost" in some fire that is blamed on faulty wiring or something.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
Fumbleumble said:
Well if it's even partially based on the REAL truth of the Kennedy clan, then it's absolutely a politically based decision... anyway there's no way the American's would accept the truth about their beloved Kennedys... JF was martyrised after his death and none of the real shit the family was responsible for was ever spoken about again in circles that could even remotely be called a public forum.

Take a close look at Joe and Ted.. you might then get an actual inkling (albeit, prohivitively restrictive) of the dealing that the Kennnedys have had throughout their history.

Does anyone here actually remember Chappaquidick?
Pretty much. Not exactly the cleanest family...

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
They should have just made another Deadliest Catch ripoff. History Channel seems to go wild for those.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
cerebus23 said:
not all americans believe the bullshit and rewriting of history that goes on after these guys die, thank you very much. jfk was not even a popular president until after he died, his approval rating were in the toilet before he died mostly due to foreign policy blunders and cuban missile crisis etc.
False. His approval rating rose 12 points after the Cuban Missile Crisis from before it was publicized. He was praised for taking a stand against the communists while doing this non-violently.

His approval rating was in the highs throughout his Presidency.

Source:

http://books.google.com/books?id=yN... approval rating cuban missile crisis&f=false

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Depending on how far along the production of it was I give it a year at most before it's episodes start to get "leaked" to sites like TPB if nobody picks it up.
We could also wait for a DVD release. Of course, since the Kennedys apparently own all the legit distribution channels, we might have to rely on good old piracy to save the day.

It'll be a sad, sad day for the USA when we have to rely on criminals to make good on our right to free speech.

Well... I guess the networks have a right to decide what content airs and doesn't air on their networks, so I guess I can't really get my ideological panties in a bind. Of course, that doesn't really make this suck any less. Especially when networks are perfectly willing to air tripe like 16 and Pregnant. Fucking television.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Eh, as long as it's being aired in other countries (like good old Canada), it will inevitably appear on torrent sites. They can't stop it.

EverydayHeretic

Dec 12, 2009
Jbird said:
Is anyone else thinking about that one scene from Clone High, when JFK was racing in his car, saying, "Nothing bad ever happens to the Kennedys!"?
YES. Pretty much immediately after I read the title of the article.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
It'll be interesting to see... it's not like there isn't enough dirt in the family tree's roots, with a fascist ex-rum-runner as patriarch and all. (Not an exaggeration. Joe Kennedy is a pretty terrifying figure for fans of liberal democracy, and distrust of him is the one slender fig-leaf of respectibity I'm willing to grant J. Edgar Hoover.)

-- Steve

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
CJ1145 said:
So the Kennedys is where the Nazi Channel finally draws the line. I have to admit I'm rather shocked...
Just to be clear we have the history channel in this country(UK) and do show alot WW2 documentaries is this what mean our does work a different agenda over there.