No One Wants to Air The Kennedys

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Surely someone just needs to edit Two and a Half Men replacing Charlie Sheen with Kennedy and Alan as Jackie O?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Xiado said:
So we should expect someone's political enemies to make the most truthful documentaries about them? Kennedy wasn't perfect, but he wasn't some demon either. No-one's saying that the documentary shouldn't be allowed to air, but putting it on the History Channel is garbage, let them air it on Fox News. It astounds me how everyone on this site likes to play the rebel and denounce someone who's generally well-respected and honored. It's not a breach of freedom when a private corporation (the History Channel) decides not to put something on television, especially after being petitioned. "The Kennedys" isn't some holy beacon of muckraking journalism, cutting through the murky depths of elitist liberal conspiracy. It's a political agenda machine designed to turn people against a certain political party and slur the name of someone who died nearly 50 years ago, whether he lived up to the hate in the series or not.
Considering how it hasn't aired yet, you can't possibly know exactly what will be in it. It could be stuff that is already known, or things that are true but have been covered up as being false, because it will tarnish his "grand" image.

Yes Kennedy did some good things, but that doesn't mean he deserves our total unwavering respect and we ignore the things that happened, but were hidden from the public.

There are very few presidents that truly deserve full respect. There were many presidents that I read about when I was a kid, besides Kennedy, like both Roosevelts, that admired and thought they were great, but then I read about and found out the truth behind them.

Half on-topic:
I then found out there was actually one Democrat in history that I found was okay, Grover Cleavland. When people came to him for handouts, did the right thing and turned them away and said to them that that isn't what the government is for, that they should look to their fellow men in the public for help. And guess what, they did get from the public, more than they were asking for from the government. But of course when I read about him in school, instead of hearing about such an awesome policy, I got to here ridicule from historians that painted a false picture of him, making him look like a joke.

My point being, you can't believe all the fairy tales you read about in the standard school history books. Though today the school history books are more convoluted than they were when I was in school.

So Kennedy isn't the shining star that his family wants you to believe. If they had the chance, they probably would of covered up all the bad stuff about him that is common knowledge today, which is what is happening with this mini-series, they are trying to prevent more truths about him from coming out.

With how hard they tackled it away from getting on the air in the US, it is obvious what is coming to light is true. Cover ups are for hiding the truth. If it was false, they would denounce it, but still allow it to air. It is common sense that has been going throughout history. People that have nothing to hide, do not fear falsities said about them.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
Canada is getting something the U.S. isn't? Im sorry Americans but you must realize this is a rarity for us.