No Right Answer: 90's Cartoon Most Deserving a Reboot

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
who else remembers the gun saftey episode of gargoyles when bronx(i cant remeber if thats his name, but the token Fat character)accidentally shoots Elisa

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Thank you, I remember watchingba scene from Swat Kats I'm my childhood but I could not remember the name of the show. Now if only someone could tell me the name of the cartoon I'm which the villain had a machine that turned people into evil zombies which eventually only worked on people who were already pretty bad because those were the only people he used it on.

RatherDashing89

Jan 11, 2013
Thing that most needs a triumphant return? Not a 90s show. The answer is No Right Explanation. I would have clicked on the articles more times if it would have saved it.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Treaos Serrare said:
who else remembers the gun saftey episode of gargoyles when bronx(i cant remeber if thats his name, but the token Fat character)accidentally shoots Elisa
Nah, Broadway was his name. Because who else would be named Broadway?

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
If you're talking about cartoons of the '90s, I'd have to go with Rocko's Modern Life.
If you're talking about cartoons from my childhood, I'd have to go with Astroboy. Because I was there when it first showed up. Yes, I've been watching anime for longer than your parents have been alive.

PS--Colonial Williamsburg is not the the "Best Family Trip Ever". Wankers.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I have very vague memories of SWAT cats, I guess I didn't watch enough of them as a kid? As for gargoyles I absolutely loved them, I liked them so much that I would leave the VCR recording the entire day since it aired like a hour or 2 after I had to leave for school.

But I think they hit the peak a little before their last season, where they clearly were running on fumes. I mean they literally fought their world's version of God, how do they follow that up? With 3 of them acting like horny teenagers(although considering how few female options they had, I don't really blame them) and then trying to make them feel like the x-men. which obviously it didn't work as well as they hoped.

Also I never knew about the star trek people were the VAs in that show, my star trek watching days came later in life and I never made the connection. So thanks for that info. :)
Wonder how open they would be to VA a reboot?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Freakazoid, everyone else is wrong.

Or Animaniacs for being one of the best comedy shows on tv of all time, never mind just cartoons.
Tru Dat!

ravenshrike said:
Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Dexters Lab, Ren and Stimpy(none of this spin-off crap.) All of them more deserving of a reboot than either Swat Kats or Gargoyles.
Another 'scapist with a brain!

(Seriously I want more of this!)

Chris Pranger

Aug 31, 2011
RatherDashing89 said:
Thing that most needs a triumphant return? Not a 90s show. The answer is No Right Explanation. I would have clicked on the articles more times if it would have saved it.
Swoon! :D

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
YES!!! gargoyles WINS!!! JALAPENO!!! I watched that show every day after school, and it was fan freaking tastic. And now I discover Jonathan Frakes played Xanatos, the cartoon villain with a trope or three named after him? Sweet! Also, Keith F**$ing David was goliath, and I heard his voice in the Civ V ad playing after the video. Perfect!

Alex V.Sharp

Jan 20, 2011
'Gargoyles' does not need a reboot. It's a good show as it is, save for the last season which was so-so. I don't see a reboot bringing anything new, and personally I don't see it surpassing the original. At best it would be on par, at worse it would undermine the franchise. If anything is to be done with the series it should be either a sequel or a feature film to provide an adequate ending.

As for the 'SWAT Kats', again I'm in two minds about a reboot. I loved the show. It had some excellent ideas and great characters, awesome music, but all that was mixed in with average to not-so-good episodic screenplay. A reboot in the same style like the second season, same characters yet continuous plot line, could indeed make it epic (if done right, ofc). On the other hand, I myself would like a feature film for this one as well.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
bluepotatosack said:
Treaos Serrare said:
Nah, Broadway was his name. Because who else would be named Broadway?
he did get the only good gargoyle girl in the show so yeah he's really didn't do too bad:p

XavierPrice

Sep 14, 2009
So my friend comes to me with the pitch for this video. And he expects me (As I am a furry) to pick Swat Kats. I didn't. I shocked him by picking Gargoyles. THEN I say "That show was awesome. It was like Teanage Mutant Ninja Turtles meets Batman: The Animated Series."

Then I watched the episode. Where they say that exact line.

<Insert F*CK YEAH strut here>

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
While Gargoyles is good, I would have gone for either:

Reboot

It wouldn't be the same without Tony Jay voicing Megabyte but the series ended with him in control of the Principal Office and ended with that cliffhanger.

Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles

More faithful to the book that the bloody movie, this also ended with the final battle yet to be fought.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
IndomitableSam said:
Oh, come on. No question. Gargoyles. Love that show. Still love it. Watched it all through again a year or so ago.

Sorry, any answer other than Gargoyles is wrong. Very, very wrong.
I was going to say exactly this.

My dream would be a revival of Greg Weisman EVERYTHING. Still miffed we didn't get that third Season of Young Justice.

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
Oh yes Gargoyles. The villains were very interesting. Science-fantasy with references to things that stand the test of time, Shakespeare references back when I didn't know who Shakespeare was.

It used science for shifter/were stuff. So much awesome.