No Right Answer: Best Animated Disney Movie Ever

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
DINOBOT!!

Agree with the outcome of this debate, I prefer Aladdin if I had to chose between those 2.

Overall? Definitely Lion King. I loved that film as a child to the point whereby my VHS wouldn't work anymore.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Terminate421 said:
There is a distinct lack of Lion King in that choice.

How could you forget the Lion King?

It's like forgetting the ice-cream in an Ice Cream Sundae

And forgetting about Winnie The Pooh (THE OLD OR NEW ONE) is like forgetting the chocolate sauce.
This was THE best 2D Disney

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
The Original Fantasia is the best Disney anything of all time, very closely followed by Snow White, Robin Hood and Dumbo.

Aside from being an absolute masterpiece on all facets it also has one of my favourite animated sequences of all time...

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
You missed one of the keys points about Beauty and the Beast, which was that it's a play on the old Disney standard of "a Princess looking for your Prince Charming" You had it in Snow white, sleeping Beauty, cinderella and the likes // Where with Beauty and the Beast the roles where reversed // Bella didn't want a princes and Gaston, who had the Princess Charming looking allbe a bit exaggerated, was too self involved to care what she wanted because who in their right mind would not want him

-M

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Aladdin wasn't represented well enough. They bring up stuff in Aladdin that would have banned kid's movies these days. I mean, look at the very first song. They not only bring up cutting off random body parts for facial dislike, but the dealer also tries to sell you a combo hooka. Have you seen a hooka in any recent films? No? Yeah, that's right.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I just HAVE to say it: BEAST WARS FTW!!!

And I liked Aladdin better. Can't help but think that started as a Prince of Persia adaptation.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Calibanbutcher said:
The best Animated Disney classic is, without a doubt, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"
The "Hellfire" Sequence alone makes it the best ever.
I second this. Frollo's villany never gets old.

Also, The B&B won the "Best Picture" FOR animated category only. So people will stop bitching about why animated movies are never considered for Oscars.

Hindkjar

May 1, 2012
Snow White won an Oscar for best picture.. Even got a special made price because of it

http://grumpymickey.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/the-snow-white-oscars.jpg

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
The answer is The Lion King. It's always The Lion King. Why? Largely due to Hans Zimmer.

Sleekit said:
Call Me Jose said:
Lion King all the way. End of Story.
lion king ?

sry but Beauty and the Beast blows that out the water.

the opening number alone is better than almost everything in the lion king.

***** please!
Best Disney opening EVER!
Souplex said:
It's Mulan.
It has a higher body count than any other Disney movie ever.
It's the best.
But does it have this beast in it?

No? Then it isn't better.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Mulan! No, Hercules!

Wait--Hunchback! Hellfire is possibly my favorite Disney animated movie song.

But Mulan totally beat every other Disney Princess' booty!!!

No!!! It's The Jungle Book! "Look for the--BEAR NECESSITIES"

Or maybe--ARRRRGH!!! There are so many to choose from! And I like each of them in different ways--kinda the way you like different models and Playboy bunnies alike but diffently. Though for the record I--ahem--only get the magazine for the news articles, the pictures are merely pluses...yeah...

But there is ONE thing that Beauty and the Beast has snaps over all the movies that came after it including The Lion King, which I could barely choke through one sitting years ago, and here's why:

B and the B's song and footage "Be Our Guest" was so popular that ever since that movie Disney has included at least one specific "Made for a music video" song and animation scene. I don't even vaguely remember the name of the song where they had all the jungle animals doing a massive song and dance routine--I think it was to celebrate the baby lion's birth, I don't even remember his name, even if he is the movie's main character--but it was soooo played and soooo blatantly intended to follow B and the B's "Be our guest" example I cringed.

Another thing I didn't like about that movie, and practically the only other thing I remember about it--I won't lie--is the bad guy's song "Be prepaaaaaared". As far as choice lyrics go it was lame.

OT: Mulan. Definitely Mulan. Like Hunchback I bought the soundtrack and listened to it forever.

Mulan RULES!!!!

EDIT: Did I bring up Playboy bunnies in a thread talking about Disney animated movies?

I DID!!!

Um, I'll show myself out the door...

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
Two words:

This debate was great!

I also recommend the earlier mentioned "Best Fictional Music Group" or "Best Music Group from a Film" as a future topic. That just sounds awesome.

Megan Bass

Jun 2, 2011
Please, do one on the weirdest 80's fantasy movie between Legend (the one with Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, and Tim Curry) and The Labyrinth (David Bowie. Enough said.)?

Orekoya

Sep 24, 2008
Actually I'm surprised the first support point of Aladdin because frankly Robin Williams as the Genie is what made that movie fall apart for me, the one marring spot on an otherwise great movie. His shtick full of culture references dated the film for the era it was released, aka it stopped the movie from being a timeless Disney classic. I still like it but it wouldn't even make my top 5.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Easily the Lion King for me. Aladdin would probably be second but Lion King was along with Toy Story my absolute favourite movie as a kid. Be Prepared still sends shivers down my spine.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Thank you for that pointless presentation. The lion king is obviously the superior film.

Also Aladin is one of few movies where I prefer the Dutch version above the English one. The Dutch Genie is just way better.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I clicked on this because I saw Dinobot from Beast Wars.

Also, Aladdin (spelling? who cares) kicks the crap out of the Beast. Just saying.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
What I love about this one is that both Chris and Kyle ended up spending most of the time agreeing with each other :D True disney animated canon is just too good, they all should have won!

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Lion King is my favorite

I remember it being one of the first Disney movies that I watched and cried at the death of Mufasa.