No Right Answer: Best Fast Food

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
1. Subway. It's healthier, you can have your food however you like, and you watch it being made in front of you.

2. Arby's. I'm a sucker for roast beef and their chicken tenders are deeeelish.

For pizza, I don't visit the chain stores. There is a little place not far from my house that USA Today declared best pizzaria in the state. The place has spoiled me and Pizza Hut and Domino's just do not compare.

If I want tacos, I'll find an authentic Mexican restaurant or make them myself. I can't eat Taco Bell after the whole "their meat isn't meat" fiasco.

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
Based on film, Taco Bell, since it survived the fast food wars.

Personnely, McDonalds or subway, depending on how much I have to spend.

doublenix

Jul 16, 2009
Timberwolf0924 said:
Burgers: Five Guys

Chicken: KFC

Taco: Taco Bell

Hot Subs: Firehouse Subs

Cold Subs: Schlotzsky's

Ice Cream: The guy who drives around my neighborhood..
No drive-thru = not fast food

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Taco Bell is the only place you can reliably get extremely cheap, semi-healthy vegetarian food. I've been eating there since I was a kid and I will always love it. (I have no idea how the meat options taste, but the vegetarian options are happy comfort food for me now.)

Since I have to get burgers without meat, I usually just skip those places all together.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
doublenix said:
Sonic: Good food, good variety, tots, and CHEESECAKE BITES.
...and, of course, being that this IS the Escapist, we have to give it to the one which shres the same name as a once beloved video game character. (Assuming he still has fans after Sonic 2006. I myself am still a fan, but only because of SatAM.)

Of course, if you go to Jack-In-The-Box, Dairy Queen, and Burger King in one day, you're just two stores away from a Fast Food Royal Flush.

CAPTCHA: finger lickin good

Looks like the Captcha is a KFC fan and wants to get in on the vote.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Firefilm said:
Best Fast Food

What do you get when you mix three 20-something Americans with lunchtime on the brain, and a debate show? You get this episode, where we will either make you hungry...or nauseous.

Watch Video

You forgot one.

WhiteRat07

Some guy
Aug 13, 2009
Firefilm said:
DugMachine said:
synobal said:
Whataburger or Wendy's but I'm not a fast food guy, I'd give Jack n the box a third place spot.
Oh crap how did I forget Jack n the box. Underrated fast food imo.

Top tier:
Whataburger
Jack n the box

Mid tier:
McDonalds
Wendy's

Shit tier:
Burger King
Taco Bell
Arbey's
Carls Jr[/quoteSomeone describe this whataburger, I've mover heard of it
Whataburger uses real meat, and has a pretty big menu. They also cook the burgers when you order them. Most places cook the meat put it in a warmer then put the burger together when you order it. They also customize your burger however you want, grilled onion,grilled jalapenos,go during breakfast and they still sell burgers, and will throw a fried egg on your burger if you ask. Hell you can get chicken strips added to a double cheeseburger if you want. Whataburger is my favorite with subway right behind. Maybe chikfila in a distant third. The three from the video are gross as hell if you ask me. My personal favorite at Whataburger Double meat cheeseburger grilled onions,grilled jalapenos,no lettuce or tomato, A-1 sauce instead of mustard, add a fried egg.That burger will knock your socks off....and give you a mild heart attack.

Webb Myers

May 17, 2010
Just to throw down some clarification here, anything that's not cooked until you order it is not "fast" food. As much as I love em, Jack, Carls, In-and-Out and all the other "good" chains are not real fast food. If the food you are served during a lunch rush was raw when you stepped up to the counter, it's not fast food.

Taco Bell, McDonalds, and BK qualify because they are, at best, assembled when you order. The fry shops (KFC, Church's, Popeye's, Long John Silvers)? Mostly pre-cooked, so sure.

Arby's is a bit of a toss up because I'm not sure if "sliced when you order" counts.

Subway doesn't do any cooking (reheating and toasting don't count), but if Subway's allowed, then you have to let in all the other cafeteria style (slide tray in front of window and point) places. Besides...there's no drive-thru at a Subway.

Personally? I like the regional chains. White Castle, Whataburger, Sonic, Dairy Queen, Checkers/Rallys, etc.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Heh, except for McDonalds, we don't have any large fast food chains here (although you can get fast food on every corner these days). I did visit Burger King when I was in Spain and in my opinion Whopper eats anything McDonalds can offer.

I stil prefer one of these babies:

<spoiler=Now I'm hungry>https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2cjZqTzvBi4UL6G9CeBW6m3SlKDGAzz_iFw6kRtF-XvYvnnkLfA
<spoiler=REAAAALY hungry>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Cevapcici_in_somun.JPG.jpg/800px-Cevapcici_in_somun.JPG.jpg

captcha: chicken noodle - screw you captcha, gimme some beef

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I am disappoint! Where is the In-And-Out?
You want to talk about quality of food look no further

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
tehbeard said:
Based on film, Taco Bell, since it survived the fast food wars.
I'm surprised this didn't get brought up. "All restaurants are now Taco Bell."

With the 3 options given, I go with McDonald's. I don't like that Burger King slathers all their stuff with mayo, and Taco Bell just isn't filling.

I had Pizza Hut pretty often as a kid, so I grew to like it. About 3 weeks ago I had a serious craving for Pizza Hut for lunch, but I found out the nearest one that offers eat-in is more then 30 miles away, which probably meant at least 45 minutes each way of driving. Not really feasible for a lunch break. :(

iamscottevil

Nov 24, 2009
Fayathon said:
I feel bad for everyone that knows not the glory of In-n-Out burgers. Simple menu, delicious burgers.
Seriously, nobody has anything on the original In-N-Out. Pioneer of the drive-through (1948), (drive through!= fast food until the 1970's), amazing quality, and really addictive. Macdonalds stole every idea they ever had. Big mac is a bad version of the Bob's Big Boy. Southern style chicken sandwich is chickfil-a. They are actually a real estate company anyway, leasing the land the macdonalds are built on to their franchisees.

Weinerschniztel is my favorite though.

Also Taco Bell is the ONLY restaurant.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Fayathon said:
I feel bad for everyone that knows not the glory of In-n-Out burgers. Simple menu, delicious burgers.
CALIFORNYUH FUCK YEAH!

..Although recently, Five Guy is ranked 1st in national survey of burger chains.

Funny because I have never heard of them.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Why no love for KFC, the chicken is delicious, also the Colonel is a good mascot compared to the other three, look at that face, that is very welcoming

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Out of the ones you guys argued I'll go with Taco Bell simply because I enjoy the Cruch Wrap Supreme.

My favorite has to be Wendy's. Just their normal burgers are great but the best thing they have IMO is the Spicy Chicken Burger.

I would go with 5 Guys over Wendy's but their food seems to be really hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's amazing, other times it's shit. Their fires are consistently the best though.