No Right Answer: Best Pixar Movie Ever

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
So the actual debate is between "fill in the blank" and Cars 2. "Fill in the blank" wins. If you eliminate Cars 2 you're just left with a tie no matter what you pick.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Domogo said:
I was afraid that this was going to be a 30 minute video at about the 3 minute mark and unfortunately it wasn't
I too am disappointed by this. We clearly need a half hour special for a topic like this!

I'd have to go with Wall-E for the main reason that I sat down to watch it expecting to hate it utterly and getting to the end and loving it.
Brave and The Incredibles come a close second.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The first 10 minutes of Up alone could qualify as 'best ever' in my opinion. Didn't The Incredibles come out in the same general time-frame as Fantastic Four? I bring that up because I recall more people than Bob saying it was a better Fantastic Four than Fantastic Four (and I agree even though there are not space-faring World Eaters)

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
I think Up is the better movie, if only for the whole metaphor the house brings.

Toy Story 3 is not far behind, and is so relevant to so many people.

I loved the first arc of Wall-E, but then the movie becomes way too preachy for me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Ratatouille, which is also amazing. Same for The Incredibles.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Really funny episode, guys. I laughed at all the Simpsons "technical difficulty" signs; I was 1/2 expecting one of The Critic's variations on "We'll be right back" in there! The constant switching topics reminded me of the "Worst Video Game Movie Ever" episode. For me, I love The Incredibles because it's a celebration of comic book super-heroes and my college mascot were the Spartans, so watching that end scene with Dash's track Meet at his school, the "Home of the Spartans", was a huge crowd pleaser at college. But how could you guys not have Monsters, Inc.? John Goodman's one of the leads!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"You demanded it, we delivered it!"
Well, not really.

Think Wreck it Ralph is the best, haven't seen it, but so much super positive buzz.... :p

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Kenjitsuka said:
Well, not really.

Think Wreck it Ralph is the best, haven't seen it, but so much super positive buzz.... :p
Wreck it Ralph is not Pixar though.

Electromagnet

Jul 31, 2012
Kenjitsuka said:
Well, not really.

Wreck it Ralph isn't from Pixar.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
this debate was done correctly.

I love Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are my top two. Ratatouille instilled in me a love of cooking. i like A Bugs Life as much as i like Samurai Seven (for obvious reasons). Toy Story i think is the best and most complete trilogy ever produced (even the Star wars original 3). Monster Inc. Has john Goodman and is therefore good. Cars is the best thing connected to NASCAR racing (even if only tangentially) ever produced (screw Taladega Nights[and Will Farell for that matter]). WALL-E is awesomesauce, UP is wonderful, Brave is fun.

And we haven't even talked about all the shorts and the pure talent and greatness that they are.
One Man Band and Boundin' 4 EVER.

thereverend7

Aug 13, 2010
This is the greatest episode in the history of this series. Kudos to you both, sirs.

Although I would have to throw my hat in and say Toy Story is my favorite. The original still makes me smile all these years later, the sequel still holds up, and toy story 3, do i really need to say more? it was an emotional, funny, charming movie, somehow more so then the two amazing movies that came before it. You don't have to cry at the end, but if you don't feel somewhat emotional, your made of stone.

But that's just me. Toy story will always hold a special place in my heart as you can tell from my post. But all pixar movies that I've seen with the exception of cars, I thoroughly enjoyed. You can't say that about all animated movies- that they can be enjoyed not just as a child, but on into adulthood as well.

Yoshisummons

Aug 10, 2010
I would totally join a escpaist tekkit server in a heartbeat. We totally need one! Who needed sunlight anyway.

Monty McDougal

Mar 15, 2011
Why does everyone say Wall-E and UP? both of these movies start off incredible but then drop way off. Best overall is Toy Story, funniest is Monsters Inc, Best animation is Wall-E, and best story is Ratatouille.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
My favorite is Toy Story 2, with Incredibles and Nemo coming in close second.

And, unlike most people here, apparently, I found Wall-E to be most underwhelming...

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Cars was awful. I haven't even bothered with Cars 2.

I'd say the Toy Story trilogy is the best Pixar film. WALL-E would have been it, but it really dropped the ball when they introduced the humans and basically changed the entire tone of the film.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Anyone who doesn't pick The Incredibles either hasn't seen it or needs to watch it again.

It's the details! Pay attention to the hair animation and sound effects!

You know that scene at the start where Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl have that argument? Elastigirl found a tiny piece of rubble on Mr. Incredible and threw it to the ground. If you listen very carefully they added a sound effect (like a little 'tsk') of that tiny piece of rubble hitting the floor.

Look at the hair animation, especially Mirage's when they are at the dinner table...every little movement she makes her hair moves realistically too!

The details and sheer awesomeness of The Incredibles makes it the best Pixar movie bar none!

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
OBJECTION!

Brave was one of those movies made after the merge with Disney. So if we're taking those into consideration, then I say the greatest Pixar movie is Tangled! #biased

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
BRAVE WAS THE BEST PIXAR MOVIE EVER.

WRECK-IT RALPH WAS THE BEST NOT PIXAR MOVIE THAT MADE YOU THINK IT WAS A PIXAR MOVIE EVER.