No Right Answer: Best Robin Ever

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
4173 said:
Take a look at my avatar; guess who I'll pick?

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

edit: also, of course readers didn't buy that Bruce Wayne was dead. He was shown alive a couple issues later...
Good point. Most people forget Steph's run as Robin because it was kinda short. Of course the readers knew Bruce couldn't be dead, it was everyone who wasn't Tim who believed he was dead. Until Return of Bruce Wayne and Batman, Inc.
ritchards said:
This isn't Jason Todd vs Stephanie Brown, this isn't No Right Answer going for the odd choice... come on guys, why so serious?
This is the Internet and the sublect is Batman. We take batman VERY SERIOUSLY.
Although I still don't get the hate for Jason Todd, even when he's kicking ass as the Red Hood. Is this leftover hate from "A Death in the Family" or is it new hate from him coming back to life around the same time as Bucky Barnes?

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Eh, I guess it's a tie for me. The 'real' Batman universe for me always was the 60's series, and the Robin in that was Dick Grayson. But of course the then the question becomes 'is this the same Robin who was in the comics at the time, or the Dick Grayson who became Nightwing?'

DVS BSTrD said:
Stephanie Brown is Batgirl, end of story.
If Batman has a female sidekick, she's the Batgirl (or Oracle)
Why, though? There has been several Robins, and it's not like it's all that masculine name or role.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
So was it Racoon man or Possom man? Cuase I really want to draw a fanart of him and maybe some of his villains from the podcast, but Im not sure now which costume I should go with.
I love the fact that I was on the inside joke.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Dick Grayson, first and best fighter, thematically closest to Bruce.

Tim Drake, best detective, the heart of what Batman's successor should be.

Damian...meh, basically Jason Todd with more skills. Jason Todd was good AFTER he died, and Red Hood doesn't count as "Robin."

My fave Bat-sidekick...Cassandra Cain!!!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Good win!
No quote of the week?
I liked what Kyle said at the end.
Make that the q-o-t-w :p

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I wouldn't necessarily say he wins because of it, but Jason Todd gets a lot of points with me for being the only one of those that was either a Batman, Batgirl, or a Robin to realize just what a complete load of crap Bruce's "No Kill" policy is. In fact, he's one of the few superheroes that realizes that not killing the bad guys never accomplishes anything, not that he ever manages to kill any of the important villains, but at least he TRIES to end the vicious cycle that the DC universe is constantly spiraling in.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Wolcik said:
So was it Racoon man or Possum man? Cuase I really want to draw a fanart of him and maybe some of his villains from the podcast, but Im not sure now which costume I should go with.
I love the fact that I was on the inside joke.
Definitely possum man, our mistake. Oh ma gosh, we would love some fan art of possum man and his rogue gallery. Throwing silver bullets from his belt and watching SVU on the "Bat Computer"

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
4173 said:

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

edit: also, of course readers didn't buy that Bruce Wayne was dead. He was shown alive a couple issues later...
You're going to go with the only Robin that got fired as the best one?

The only one that got fired AND killed. At least Jason Todd went out in a blaze of glory.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
vxicepickxv said:
4173 said:

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

The only one that got fired AND killed. At least Jason Todd went out in a blaze of glory.
Beign beaten to death with a crowbar, coming back to life as a villain, and then getting a crappy comic where Starfire is a moron isn't exactly a "Blaze of Glory".

Oct 30, 2010
vxicepickxv said:
4173 said:

DAT COSTUME! DAT HAIR!

I don't remember what's canon anymore, but Dick was fired in Dixon's Nightwing: Year One. And of course there's The Dark Knight Strikes Again...

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
You know you're a geek when......... You were actually able to follow that debate, and recall the events mentioned.

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
Because he did a awesome job in Brightest Day, Dick Grayson Batman was okay in my mind. That biases me to Dick being the better Robin. That and the fact that Dick Grayson confidently wears his hot pants.

EDIT: While on the subject of comics, you guys should go with Super Girl vs. Power Girl.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
LONG LIVE RACOON MAN!! (Inside jokes FTW)
Also, Bat-Defibrilator? Genius.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Firefilm said:
Best Robin Ever

It's time to decide which one deserves the right to call shotgun in the bat-mobile.

Watch Video
I ran into a spot of trouble with the high quality version of the video...I dont know if this was just me but it was very "distorted" and it wouldnt load beyond a certain point no matter how long I waited orhow often I refreshed...I was able to watch it when I switched to the lower quality video