No Right Answer: Best Time Machine Ever Part II

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Since I'm not big on either drinking or partying, I'm still going to go with the TARDIS.

EDIT: esp. since you could have a hot tub in the TARDIS.
This right here. The TARDIS will always be the ultimate time machine.

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
surprised no mention of time travel via loop around the sun in a starship - now that's the way to travel!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
TechTim said:
surprised no mention of time travel via loop around the sun in a starship - now that's the way to travel!
That isn't a time machine, but rather a meathod of time travel. Small difference, but the line had to be drawn somewhere. Same with the box from Calvin and Hobbs, which was debatably all in his head.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
TechTim said:
Time Travel by having Super Powers thanks to a yellow sun sounds more appealing....

Although not a time machine....

riftermcriftington

Dec 11, 2010
The best time machine is the TARDIS. it will always be the TARDIS, it has always been the TARDIS if that ever changes, the Doctor will go back and fix the change. Mind you I'm named after one of the most loyal companions in the history of the. Series (Adric) so I'm a tad biased.

bravetoaster

Oct 7, 2009
Dear Guy Who (Correctly) Chose Primer,

Thank you.

It's not the fanciest, prettiest, or most fun, but Primer has the best time machine ever.

(Also: sorry that I don't know your name.)

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
bravetoaster said:
Dear Guy Who (Correctly) Chose Primer,

Thank you.

It's not the fanciest, prettiest, or most fun, but Primer has the best time machine ever.

(Also: sorry that I don't know your name.)
My name is Dan. I film and edit the show. I'm glad you liked my option

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Firefilm said:
Best Time Machine Ever Part II

We announce the winner of the Ur Right Answer fan contest! Also, the best time machine debate gets out of hand with more surprise entries and a controversial winner.

Watch Video
Great debating, and I loved the shout out to Primer. It's a shame the Tardis defender was only around for the 11th Doctor because someone better versed could have easily pointed out that the Tardis is all those other machines rolled into one and then some.

No contest.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
Qitz said:

I WIN!

Didn't see Hot Tub Time Machine coming though. But you still have a time machine that's not only stationary but also needs you to change the water.
I prefer version 2.0 of that model

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
oh wow you actually brought up Primer. That was a great movie however it's one time machine i'd never want to use.

Also while the hot tub time machine is good I still think the Tardis is the best. I mean the Tardis has a pool in the library. Hell there's probably a hot tub in there somewhere, it's a big place.

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
Starik20X6 said:

The Epoch. /argument. That thing is all of the awesome.
Yeah, I was surprised that they didn't mention it. Especially since it seems kind of redundant to have a phone booth versus the Tardis.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Qitz said:

I WIN!

Didn't see Hot Tub Time Machine coming though. But you still have a time machine that's not only stationary but also needs you to change the water.
Heh, I was coming to the comments section to do the exact same thing. Thank you for the ninja. :)

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
You know... that bit with stealing Yahtzee's hat and the Feed Dump phrase made me realize I have a question. Are you guys going to be at the Escapist Expo? You aren't listed on the info as far as I can see. It's just something that popped into my head so I figured I'd ask.

Other then that, I honestly don't care for any of the time machines. The phone box looks bland and has the time passing issue. The hot tub just is too silly for me. The primer is needlessly confusing. The delorian (spelled it wrong, I know) is can cause problems depending where you go. And, while I like Doctor Who, the 'science' used to explain the TARDIS is either entirely theorectical or just made up. I don't care for made-up science since most anything can be explained by someone good at bullshitting. Plus, the TARDIS just seems a bit too... I'm not sure how to describe it. Deus Ex Machina-ish maybe? It just seems like it basically gets to do, or not do, whatever the writers need it to do/not do whenever they need it to.

Out of all of them, I'd likely choose the TARDIS in all honesty. But I'm not a huge fan of any of them. Though it doesn't help I haven't seen 3/5 of the movies/shows the devices belong to anyways.