No Right Answer: Han Solo vs. Indiana Jones

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Han Solo vs. Indiana Jones

This week, with Chris firmly back in the saddle, we present a full episode based on a viewer suggestion. Well, a full episode based on what a viewer suggestion made us think about. Close enough, right? This is a big one, folks! Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Both icons, and both played by the same actor. But much like Highlander rules, there must be only one. And Sean Connery must be involved, somehow.

Watch Video

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Have to say, irrespective of the judges decision, I consider this one a tie, you just can't put one over the other between these two.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess this is relevant-
Honestly I love both characters so it didn't bother me that Indy won against Han Solo.
Also tell me more about that cross over comic!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Tough choice, but I'm gunna have to go with the one who shot first ;) I mean Han Solo doesn't need a whip, He has a Wookie.

Also: I WANT THAT COMIC!
Actually, they just find Han Solo's Corpse.

Here's the name of the comic. [http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Into_the_Great_Unknown]

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Tough choice, but I'm gunna have to go with the one who shot first ;) I mean Han Solo doesn't need a whip, He has a Wookie.

Also: I WANT THAT COMIC!
Actually, they just find Han Solo's Corpse.
Crap Ninja'd
Funny how io9 came out with an article about crazy indiana jones things today.

Tamrin

Nov 12, 2011
Kyle: "-man has a whip in his car".

How would you explain that to the cop that pulls you over one day? o_O

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Firefilm said:

This week, with Chris firmly back in the saddle, we present a full episode based on a viewer suggestion. Well, a full episode based on what a viewer suggestion made us think about. Close enough, right? This is a big one, folks! Han Solo and Indiana Jones. Both icons, and both played by the same actor. But much like Highlander rules, there must be only one. And Sean Connery must be involved, somehow.

Watch Video
The killing blow: "Nuke in the fridge."

What should have been the counter: "Surviving being frozen in carbonite, surviving a kablillion degrees below zero in the stomach of a tauntaun, and having the balls to open fire on Darth Vader not once, but TWICE (saving Luke at the first Death Star, and in the dining room on Cloud City)."

This match was thrown!

Dukeoftacos

Sep 1, 2010
I have to disagree Indy being the most knocked around action character. John McClane takes that honor.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Dastardly said:
Firefilm said:

Watch Video

What should have been the counter: "Surviving being frozen in carbonite, surviving a kablillion degrees below zero in the stomach of a tauntaun, and having the balls to open fire on Darth Vader not once, but TWICE (saving Luke at the first Death Star, and in the dining room on Cloud City)."

This match was thrown!
He survived in reasonable proximity to an exploding Death Star due to being in the space equivalent of a fridge - the Millennium Falcon. Pretty sure that's just as valid.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Except Kyle Han Solo is usually getting shot at by Storm Troopers which we all know can't aim worth shit so that's hardly saying anything.

purifico

Oct 29, 2009
Dastardly said:
Firefilm said:

Watch Video

This match was thrown!
Oh yeah? Indiana Jones had the balls to look HITLER in the face, not crap his pants and salute him. How about that?

Then again Hitler is this world's Darth Vader so Indy and Solo are pretty much even. Still Dr Jones wins by a long shot just because he's a cultured badass who can recite poems in greek or latin while kicking your ass. What can Han Solo say? "Herp derp" probably.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
One word: Deckard.
I think you both owe me one.
While I agree that Blade Runner was the best movie Harrison Ford was ever in, Deckard was not his best role.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Drazi said:
John McClane has been beat up far more.
That was exactly my thought. It's like my mind is a tree and you're those cookie elves.

OT: Barring Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I like Indiana Jones better. But no amount of nostalgia in the world can make me forget how horrible that movie was. Han Solo wins by default.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
These guys have either improved, or I've lowered my standards :p. Either way, I actually enjoyed this. Cool, now I have something to watch on Thursday.

As for this debate: I could care less about either xP. If I had to pick a side... I'd choose Indiana Jones for scenes of bookishness.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
This was definitely one of the better ones, maybe because I fully understand everything they are talking about ;)