No Right Answer: Manliest Superhero Ever

Bourguit

Oct 19, 2008
Speaking of women, who has the worse luck with women in a movie series: The original Karate kid or Riggs from Lethal Weapon?

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Superman is invulnerable to everything but kryptonite. Wonderwoman can deflect bullets but can still be hurt. Overcoming pain is more manly.

Superman only has superpowers because of our sun. Wonderwoman trained to be in top physical condition. The self made hero is more manly.

Wonderwoman fought the Nazis. Superman didn't. Fighting Nazis is more manly

Case closed.
To be fair superman fought twin cloned Hitlers as an old man so that's something right?

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Not really manly, or masculine it was more of macho.
If you have problems telling them apart, there's an Extra Punctuation about it.

Though now I'm thinking about what I believe to be manliness (Or what it means to be a man.) and if these are actually masculine traits or just good traits to have, that's mostly because said traits are basically responsibilities.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
I kinda think superman is way too much boyscout, but he did a pretty good job of being manly at the end of justice league unlimited.
Superman Vs Darkseid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJ2Bd41zsw

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
I'd like to reply to some of the goddamn Batman comments that the actual item was literally " Who is the manliest between Superman and Wonder Woman", but i'm to lazy to... oh wait.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Equal opportunity stereotyping. Huzzah!

I want to see a picture of WW with beard stubble in a sweat-stained tanktop & dirty Nikes chugging beers watching football in a room with cans & wrappers all over the floor.

I want to see Supes' outerpanties replaced with a tight shirt & heels on his boots, walking down the street loudly talking on a cell phone while carrying tons of shopping bags & fashion magazines.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Ehh Superman's never been about being GRRRR MANLY He's about being good. About being the best person deep down that you can be and helping others to do so as well.

He's a nerd who wants to help everyone. One of the greatest scientific minds on the planet, a dreamer who because of his powers can never just write or invent. He's there to save people.

On Krypton he would be a scientist. Its what he dreams of whenever there is him imagining life on Krypton.

In fact during the New Krypton story he was going to join the Science counsel but instead joined the military so he could keep an eye on Zod. Giving up a dream of his to keep others safe.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Hrm... have you guys considered Marvel vs DC yet? People generally seem to prefer DC, but Marvel has Deadpool going for it, and DC has some scars from their new 52 thing against it, so it'd be a fair enough fight if done right.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
Well, seeing that Wonderwoman won this round, she gets to go up against the manliest of men from anime! KAMINA! From TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!

My bet, half the world will be overcome by manliness by the time the debate is done.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
I think that if sex-havings or sex-wantings don't come into the picture you're not really talking about manliness. You can be strong like a lion, you can be wily like a fox, you can be pretty as a picture, but I don't think any of those make you manly unless you have to deal with sexings. For that reason, I don't think that either Superman or Wonder Woman (for the most part) qualify as either manly or unmanly.

For referential purposes:

Specifically the quote, "What makes a man, is it the woman in his arms just 'cause she has big titties? Or is it the way he fights every day? No, it's probably the titties." And while I think the same can be said for a man having a man in his arms with a generous bait and tackle as well, the point stands that it's not just being tough or determined or good.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Kyle's last argument about Superman being all man while Wonder Woman's technically a golem doesn't work any more anyway. They retconned it in the relaunch so she's Hippolyta's biological daughter by Zeus.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Great topic, and a really good argument with a logical outcome. I'd love more topics like this!

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Revolutionaryloser said:
Yoshisummons said:
What's next? To see if the Joker or Lex Luthor is the better hero?
Luthor. Hands down. Joker is only any good at destroying stuff and ruining Batman's day. It's hardly anything to work with.
Except the time Joker killed the European superhero Gravedigger and took his identity to investigate the supposed death of Batman, and fought crime alongside Robin.