No Right Answer: Wood vs. Yellow

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
I liked it, sorta the banter I have in bars with fellow geeks...only I'm always drunk so I can never remember them...

All I can say is bump up the image quality of the cut-aways and I'd actually pay for this nonsense...

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Ooooh definitely going to watch more. I like you guys, I like the theme of the show, the slightly amateur delivery when delivering from a script (or maybe it's just the pressure of being on camera if it's completely unscripted) is my only complaint, and it didn't remove too greatly from the show. I was still thoroughly entertained, a little enlightened and it had me thinking after the video ended, which is something not many light-hearted amusing shows can do. As confidence and familiarity with the format grows, I see great promise for a long run from this show.

Although, I'd argue burnt wood is no longer wood due to redox reactions that take place through combustion. He'd only be at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, maybe cancer if he ate the remains. Yellow would be much more difficult to constantly avoid. I always saw his aversion to yellow as an amusing rivalry between two opposing primary colours.

PowerC

Feb 28, 2011
misterprickly said:
Topic was decent.

A better topic would have been... Supergirl or Power girl, Who'd ya rather?
Im not a fan of the color white, good one

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
That was pretty good to be honest. Entertaining, right for the internet and different enough from Extra Credits, Zero Punctuation and the Big Picture. Looking forward to even more absurd things to debate.

And in this case, Yellow is better without a doubt, but it's more that both really suck as a weakness

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
wood - cant fight in forests
yellow - his nemesis is yellow how can he fight him then? 0.0
lol to beat his weakness wood he should carry a bucket of termites......

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
In short using realistic justifications for entirely fictional concepts is stupid.

If yellow is his weakness, then he'd be a vampire as the sun looks yellowy. There's also alot of yellowness in the world.

If wood is his weakness, then it's stupid.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wasn't there a show in the film festival with this exact premise? Arguing about Rome or something? I liked that one much better.
Not that great of a topic, and you didn't really counter each other's points. You just presented your point completely ignoring the other one, and when an argument ensued you just repeated the same points louder. There's a noticeable discomfort in front of a camera, but that will soon go away.
There's promise here and I'm gonna keep watching, but there's a need of polish. I'm just trying to help.

Taynas

May 20, 2010
I enjoyed this show quite a bit. This is a good concept for a show and if you keep find interesting topics, I think it will do well. I know I'll be sure to watch every week from now on.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Maybe it's the wine talking, but this was an awesome show. The Escapist is really reaching dangerous levels of epicness now.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
GREEN. APPLE. JONES. SODA?! I LOVE THAT STUFF! gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme!

But you have to admit saying that something is evil doesn't make it dangerous. I mean you can't puch somebody with a swastika and they just burn into flames.

Evil is just an idea, not a pyschical manisfestation.

Ris

Mar 31, 2011
This is a considerably better effort than Drinking Games. Both guys are really likeable, and despite knowing little about the subject I still got a few laughs out of the episode. It's a cool concept, I'd watch it again :)

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
My nerd-card was really showin' durin' this vid...because i kept havin' to fight the urge to say "It's not the COLOR he's weak against...it's a type of ENERGY that just happens to BE THAT COLOR"! (then i remember that i could be wrong on this since i've only been readin' comics for a short time, and GL is not my focus in such matters...so i could be wrong)...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"Ever made a grenade out of bamboo?!"

That had me chuckling for quite some time. Anyway, I declare both his weakness grade-A retarded.