No Right Answer: Wood vs. Yellow

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
dex-dex said:
I never understood the weakness of yellow I mean to make green you need yellow. so he is made of his own weakness.
not bad for a first episode.
The "yellow impurity" is caused by an entity named Parallax, the embodyment of fear, that is entrapped within the Green Lantern Corps' central power battery. The colors don't really relate to the physical spectrum of light.
Plus, Lanterns can overcome the weakness for quite some time now. Really only works as a joke with rookies nowadays.

Alan Scott on the other hand still sucks against wood and it is never properly explained why.

misterprickly said:
Topic was decent.

A better topic would have been... Supergirl or Power girl, Who'd ya rather?
Obviously Power Girl. At least she never did her horse. Also, who the hell thinks it's a good idea to fly with a miniskirt?

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Good concept, but seems a bit rough round the edges. There was actually a show in the escapist film festival that had a similar premise (although with the weirder angle of arguing Dragon age Vs. The Iron age). The decided via chugging was a bit rubbish though...

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
This debate kind of ended when the Paralax error was removed from the main green lantern battery, and Hal lost his weakness to yellow. Alan still has his weakness, and exploding wooden crates will put him in a world of hurt.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Okay, I actually rather like this. Basically it makes me think of every argument I ever had with my college roommate.
I will continue watching.
GO BLACKHAWKS!!

Quaxar said:
misterprickly said:
Topic was decent.

A better topic would have been... Supergirl or Power girl, Who'd ya rather?
Obviously Power Girl. At least she never did her horse. Also, who the hell thinks it's a good idea to fly with a miniskirt?
If the flyer in question looks like Supergirl I think it's an awesome idea.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
This is, IMHO, bad for two reasons. One, this show is bad. It could change in the future, but the gentlemen do not have much stage presence yet. Video editing will also hopefully improve. The problem with today's argument is that the color yellow and wood are both simply lame weaknesses. Who cares? A better question would be as follows. Stupider weakness for Green Lantern: the color yellow or a really bad peanut allergy. Seriously, who wouldn't read the "George Washington Carver KILLS Green Lantern" issue?

Second reason this show is bad: we are running very low on charismatic ladies on the Escapist and most of the recent boisterous hires have been dudes. We're not out of them yet: Kathleen from LRR is still awesome, but we've lost Lisa! The young lady from Tales from the Table is not bad, but the girls from PGG need a cocaine addiction or something. Hire a woman! On that note I also would not complain if she had a huge rack. She doesn't have to be rail-thin, but huge rack. Just sayin'.

Seriously fellas, there's got to be an up-and-coming leading lady on the gaming journalism and comedy scene somewhere to exploit/pay lotsa moneys to, right?

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
It seems everyone enjoyed this so I'll pull my punches on this show...

It seemed to me to be a pointless argument on a pointless topic by two people who didn't feel comfortable being on camera. Couldn't bring myself to watch it all the way through...

Guess this one is just not for me.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
I enjoy this, and will watch more of it. :) great job talking about things that have little value and yet are so dang debatable in our geekdom communities!

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
That was wonderful. It's always nice to see it put in perspective how utterly retarded most nerd arguments are.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
dex-dex said:
I never understood the weakness of yellow I mean to make green you need yellow. so he is made of his own weakness.
If you have secondary colors like with pigments. Primary colors, like the those we perceive in light come in the flavors of green, red, and blue and secondary colors like those in ink come in the flavors of yellow, cyan, and magenta. Since Lanterns project light or some light like thing they use primary colors thus green is not made of yellow, yellow is made with green. His weakness is made of him. Trippy. [/nit-picking for no reason]

The show looks interesting. I'll have to see what future debates are and how the comedy goes to see if I am actually going to watch it regularly though.

Sep 30, 2010
Lemme tell ya a story boys and girls. I just sat down in front of my computer and noticed that the escapist had 2 new shows, so I figured i'd give both a shot. So i started watching Drinking Games and it was, in my opinion, very poor. After that my optimism bar was slowly draining as i clicked the link to this show. I began to watch and realized that this is...quite good actually! I really liked this and hoped to see more in the future. Very strong first episode, I hope it continues to be this good or even better.

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
That was really great. It's like the nerd arguments but without having to go to the bar and dealing with all that hassle- we get the best bits in a show. Nice!

Looking forward to next week's episode.

Reptiloid

Nov 10, 2010
Wow, people actually think this is funny? Uh, alright, best of luck to the creators, I guess.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
dex-dex said:
You're referring to colour subtraction, not addition.
If you're adding colours, Red + Green = Yellow