No Right Answer: Worst Social Network Ever

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Facebook is definitely the worst, because at least Twitter doesn't punish you for not being a member. Every single website wants you to sign in on Facebook, or like them on Facebook to be able to do anything. Twitter is stupid, but it isn't quite as much of a rampant tumor as Facebook.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
IMHO, Facebook is the absolute worst, I only have people I do know, but they're the worst offenders, because they post and upload shit I don't give a crap about!, if someone says "hi", EVERYONE has to reply back and my inbox just explodes with 50 fucking replies saying "hi".

And the worst thing is that everybody has pretty much replaced Messenger / Skype with Facebook (good riddance) and besides Steam, it's the only IM I use to keep in touch with my friends!.

Just... freaking annoying! >.<'

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Where did that rainbow-vomiting gnome come from?
Anyway, I prefer Facebook over twitter, because I control who I connect with, like the people I like from high school and my friends from college. Twitter, with only 140 characters to work with, makes most users who aren't professional writers sound like idiots. It's worse when they use it as their soapbox to scream something political.
Oh hell, all social networks are bad when it comes to politics.
Logan Hartke said:
Rocketeer was perfect.
Agreed!
Rebles said:
I have to say, they missed the most horrendous social media network, and with that I mean the Escapist comments. I mean they just bombard you with badges. "Here is a new one" and "hey why not do this for more badges". I'm so sick of it. How anyone can stand this is beyond me. ;p
Looks like we won't see much of you around here.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
facebook is more toxic. twitter is more pointless. neutral is greater than negative. i'd say facebook is worse for this reason.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Martin Drkos said:
I vote for Reddit.
Seconded. For the same reason I hate Facebook:

"Do you want this cake? Like us on Facebook and you too can have some cake!" For instance, I've been following Wildstar like crazy because it seems like a fantastic game. But I miss half their announcements because they prefer to make announcements on Reddit instead of their official website.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
To me, Facebook is more of a messenger for me and my friends. That's about it. I use twitter a lot more, mainly because it's easier to follow people with similar interests, or just people in general who I like to listen to, without getting bombarded (too much) with unecessary crap.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Is there such thing as a good social network? ...that's a rhetorical question, I don't actually want an answer.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
they are both terrible and should be purged from the internet with the prejudiced of a Grey Knight slaughtering Deamons in 40K

stueymon

Aug 29, 2009
Twitter is clearly better because it has a sense of anarchy to it. Case in point, on the same day that British Gas raised their prices, they decided to do some social media advertising with the hastag #AskBG. This went as well as you could imagine http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/17/british-gas-twitter-qa-backfires-on-day-of-huge-price-increases-4150204/ (For a less British localised story, there's also a Mcdonalds story http://gizmodo.com/5878938/mcdonalds-twitter-marketing-turns-into-disgusting-customer-revolt )

Facebook is just baby pictures. FUCKING BABY PICTURES. Look at my fucking baby I HAVE 200 PICTURES I TOOK TODAY.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007

Seriously? Why not just peg them both as banes to human decency, rationality, intelligence, and society as a whole and move on with our days?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Mar 5, 2011
You forgot 4Square.

I used to think that Twitter was stupid but then I started using it and then Kim Dotcom followed me so I was happy.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Vigormortis said:

Seriously? Why not just beg them both as banes to human decency, rationality, intelligence, and society as a whole and move on with our days?

Seems like a good idea to me.
Yep.

Fucking social networks. How people can get so caught up in SO useless information I will never know. I vote both.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Rebles said:
I have to say, they missed the most horrendous social media network, and with that I mean the Escapist comments. I mean they just bombard you with badges. "Here is a new one" and "hey why not do this for more badges". I'm so sick of it. How anyone can stand this is beyond me. ;p
I agree, escapist comments are pretty bad, there's no way to easily check if someone has respond to your comments or comments that other people find interesting which just generally discourage anyone that wants a good discussion pertain to that article to post at all.

Suggestion: check disqus and see how they did it, or hell USE disqus!

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I don't care about any of these, but I gotta say Google+ cuz they keep trying to force it into people harder and harder every single time.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Grabehn said:
I don't care about any of these, but I gotta say Google+ cuz they keep trying to force it into people harder and harder every single time.
It will squeeze in some day right? I mean, it's not like it gets tighter because we're forcing it.

I'll walk towards the exit myself, thank you.

And I agree with people on why not both? I've never used facebook, but I do know what happened to my twitter account. I kinda let it gather dust while there's too many status updates from people I like to follow. Which is the reason why I left it. I only got so much time in a day, I can't waste it with twitter. I'm already doing that with videogames.

Also facebook. It wants real names. And I heard it kind of acts like spyware. Screw you facebook.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Its turned my friends into lazy assholes. No friendship is worth it unless your on facebook ? WTF. Its one big fucking popularity contest. Its abit fucking stalker-ish. Checking in to every fucking place. And god forbid if i fucking ***** about my job like EVERYONE DOES on facebook i get fired ?! Fuck facebook. MSN messenger like the old ad said fertilizing friendships. BRING BACK MSN MESSENGER.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
hickwarrior said:
Grabehn said:
It will squeeze in some day right? I mean, it's not like it gets tighter because we're forcing it.

I'll walk towards the exit myself, thank you.

And I agree with people on why not both? I've never used facebook, but I do know what happened to my twitter account. I kinda let it gather dust while there's too many status updates from people I like to follow. Which is the reason why I left it. I only got so much time in a day, I can't waste it with twitter. I'm already doing that with videogames.

Also facebook. It wants real names. And I heard it kind of acts like spyware. Screw you facebook.
I've never had any, but technically I had a Twitter account once... which basically was some c*nt that created it with my email so I received the feeds, but since Twitter has a way better email handling system than FB I erased that thing, it felt so good.

Captcha: Against the grain... I feel like you're trying to tell me something here...

Sep 24, 2008
I hate to be this guy, but it's really secret answer "Beta majQa' 26".

Google Plus.

It was the ultimate trap that I feel literally 4/5ths of the planet fell for. The best email system, the most comprehensive search engine. I mean, we say 'google it' more than we say 'look it up on the web. We liked their pr and how they marketed themselves.

And they slowly took over. We didn't complain because hell, it's google! I like google! It does everything right.

Then, the restrictions. The forcing of their limitations. The acquisitions of popular sites (second they got Youtube, I knew it was all down hill).

The reason why Google+ is the worst is that I can and have avoided Facebook and Twitter. I'm not even really sure what a Tumbler is. Google waited until literally most of the world used their products before implementing rules on you that few people like. Yes, Google, it's nice that you want us to be up front about who we are, but identity thefts are still a thing, and I don't like the idea that to use the services that I have for YEARS, I suddenly have to have my real name plastered over my email. Especially if I use that email for business transactions. It's like Google decided that they wanted to play nice with identity thieves and offered us all up like it's Christmas...

ritchards said:
I'm on Twitter and refuse to Facebook... so that's my vote sorted out.
... The shittening....

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Martin Drkos said:
I vote for Reddit.
Seconded. For the same reason I hate Facebook:

"Do you want this cake? Like us on Facebook and you too can have some cake!" For instance, I've been following Wildstar like crazy because it seems like a fantastic game. But I miss half their announcements because they prefer to make announcements on Reddit instead of their official website.
Well, you guys could always take it /r/norightanswer and find out how little anyone on reddit cares.