No Videogames for Trapped Chilean Miners

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Plenty of co-op and party games out there that do the exact opposite.

And how the hell are "music devices" isolating them? An MP3-player, sure, but a boombox with a few CD's would make it a cosier place to live I'd reckon.
stinkychops said:
How are they defecating?

It said theres tubes for food and water, but theres another problem I see. Unless the caverns are massive.
A new toilet is quickly dug of course.
SteelStallion said:
Guys, you're not psychologists, you're gamers. While all the rage about "LET THEM HAVE PSPs" doesn't surprise me as a result, I'm with the psychologist here. These guys need to be focused on each other and sticking to group activities, not individual "quiet time" with an MP3
I think that there are some psychology students around these parts who are also gamers. That's possible you know.

Also, when you're trapped with the same 32 other guys for a period of a couple of months without any opportunity to avoid each other sounds exactly the time when you should give them the opportunity to get some private "me" time instead of taking it away. I'd go mental if I couldn't.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Give them something like Mosnter Hunter or MGS: Peace Walker, a multiplayer game that requires good teamwork. Give them something that will take a lot of their time so the time stuck in the hole goes by faster.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
No games and they watch only what they allow them to watch? Well, can they at least make requests? Think about it! Mythbusters marathon!

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
flipsalty said:
Mechsoap said:
so how is a psp different from an tv? they both distract in the same way pretty much...
The psp is one person doing it with no interaction with the other miners, at least with the television they can all enjoy it at the same time.
do not forget that maybe they don't wantnt to watch the same stuff?

flipsalty

May 11, 2010
Mechsoap said:
flipsalty said:
Mechsoap said:
so how is a psp different from an tv? they both distract in the same way pretty much...
The psp is one person doing it with no interaction with the other miners, at least with the television they can all enjoy it at the same time.
do not forget that maybe they don't wantnt to watch the same stuff?
That did occur to me but more people would be able to enjoy a single tv at once than a single psp at once.

Salakayin

Apr 1, 2010
demoman_chaos said:
Give them something like Mosnter Hunter or MGS: Peace Walker, a multiplayer game that requires good teamwork. Give them something that will take a lot of their time so the time stuck in the hole goes by faster.
Multiplayer with good teamwork? Could always give them Left 4 Dead...

...alright, that was bad. I'll go back to lurking.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Like many people said, I'd suggest giving them a console and have them play together. I'd also suggest party and co-op games, and hell, maybe a single player game they'd collectively experience.

Of course, the psychologist most likely knows better than I do.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
...and TV can't isolate people? Sure, great logic.

Hell, just give them all Pokemon. That'll get them into a constant state of interaction with battling, trading, and throwing Pokeballs at each other.

oranger

May 27, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
oranger said:
Mechsoap said:
Actually, a TV puts out light on the same beta wave your brain produces when it sleeps. This is why most crazy people loooove tv, and why when you start to feel "zoned out" after a while commercials hit you harder.
So when the miners finally get out the first thing they will want to do is hit Burger King and Target. (Or whatever does get advertised down there)
Makes me wonder if the "psychologists" aren't so much concerned about the miners' mental health as they are wanting to do experiments.
"They can't go anywhere so let us have some fun!"
Well dood, education does not equal sanity. Or even intelligence.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
Frapple said:
Give them DSs with pokemon.

Diglett used Dig!

It's super effective!
I laughed. Then laughed again when it hit me. Top notch Sir.

O.T They should have at least a few consoles I think. If they run out of food and need to turn to cannibalism, I cant think of a better way to decide than pairing off into teams and playing Guitar Hero til all but one group has fallen.....

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
I missed the news break of when they got trapped... How did this happen, i don't undertsnad how they can get a tv with powerlines and cable hook-up, but not a way out.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Despite my love for the medium, this does really make perfect sense - PSP's and other handheld devices are generally speaking a 1-person experience, and so activities that can be done in a group, like TV, will likely keep the social morale aspect higher.