Nolan Puts Official Title on Third Batman Flick

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
UltimatheChosen said:
I expect Hush, Bane, or maybe even Black Mask.
My money is on Bane.

I heard Tom Hardy will be in this new Batman movie and if you've seen him in the movie Bronson you'll know he can play the perfect psychotic juggernaught.

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
DiCaprio could be Hush, that could make a good flick. Also we could see Talia Al Ghul as an antagonist and love interest. I'm a little relieved that they won't bring in the Riddler, not that I don't love a character who is a genious dressed in green tights, I just don't see how it would work in the Nolan Gotham City.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I'm thinking Bane. He's the original "Anti Batman" and is still known as the one man to break the Bat.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Let's hope the new main villain is The Ventriloquist and the final battle is him and Batman throwing insults at each other over a mic while playing WoW.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I thought Batman Begins was brilliant anyway, even if this isn't as good as The Dark Knight, it should still be a great movie, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it.

By the way, the next villain should totally be that ice guy from the McBain movies, in the Simpsons.

"Ice to see you."

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
I think that in order for The Batman to "rise" from being regarded as a fugitive, someone even more villianous than TDK's The Joker (who in the end only caused anarchy, not massacres) has to be the villian. S/he may have to be some kind of super murderer/ psychotic crime boss for the public to truly need Batman.

And the only quite famous villians who fit this catergory are...Black Mask, Hush, Bane or Killer Croc with Catwoman as a sub-plot. They all seem to fit Nolan's "ultra gritty" Batman (although Croc may be a problem).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
SmokingMirrors said:
Eh, my problem with the Nolan series of Batman films is that they'd seem a bit too grounded in the "real" which somewhat shrinks the list of villains from the dozens available to those that could fit (if somewhat loosely) in the real world.

Which also means my favorite; Killer Croc, will not be showing up, ever.
I always thought the huge black guy on the criminal boat was Croc...granted, the more human Croc as seen in the graphic novel Joker

I can't be the only person who sees it!

---

I want Hush to be the villain. An Anti-Bat! He's already got imitators in Dark Knight, why not someone who wants to be a Bat who isn't afraid of a little murder? Also, Rachel wasn't Bruce's only childhood friend. Her death and funeral would be a great place for Bruce to be reunited with another childhood friend ie, Hush!

Or, if Nolan insists on keeping things dark and, gritty and, gangland-oriented...there is always Black Mask.

M-JN

Jan 26, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
In that case, I'm guessing Red Hood and Black Mask.
Nah, they wouldn't do Red Hood so soon after the animated flick.

I think the only real possibility is a Catwoman tale. Scarecrow and Ra'as already had their moments, most of the others are wholly too ridiculous, and it'd make for some much-needed romantic levity after that whole bint Rachel thing. Maybe Hatter, but I'd be surprised.

Halle Berry come back and bring your cleavage.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
My money is on Mr. Freeze. Though it'd be hard to make a diamond thief into a better villain than Nolan's Joker.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
OriginalityImpaired said:
Note how this thread says "it has to be the Penguin" yet the "won't be back" link has Nolan expressly stating the Penguin will NOT be the villian
Hmmmm looks like we sill a villain who has not been in any of the movies then...

Black Mask maybe? or maybe Poison Ivy...Even though she has had a movie, if it is her i hope they make her more plant like.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Honestly, I only saw 4 villians being suited for Nolan's Batman. The Riddler, Black Mask, Hush and Bane. So with Riddler out of the question (haw haw -_-...), that leaves the other three to be the only guys that make sense. Sure, you say Bane's venom makes him improbable, but they made Scarecrow's fear gas. I'd like to see Hush, personally.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
M-JN said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
In that case, I'm guessing Red Hood and Black Mask.
Nah, they wouldn't do Red Hood so soon after the animated flick.

I think the only real possibility is a Catwoman tale. Scarecrow and Ra'as already had their moments, most of the others are wholly too ridiculous, and it'd make for some much-needed romantic levity after that whole bint Rachel thing. Maybe Hatter, but I'd be surprised.

Halle Berry come back and bring your cleavage.
Don't be so sure about Red Hood. Him being in the animated film just means more people will be familiar with him which is good for marketing. Plus it would rule.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
1. Nolan already said no Penguin.

2. I expect Bane. The smart Bane. The one who broke Batman and figured out his true identity. Maybe with some Black Mask going on in the background leading the gangs of Gotham.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
Halceon said:
Twoface, clearly. The setup for his appearance was so blatantly obvious in Dark Knight, that i'm surprised there is such speculation at all. It also fits with the claim, that some characters will return.
...Except that he's dead?
Personally, I'm not entirely convinced that Two-Face is dead. Sure we may have seen him fall a considerable distance at the end of TDK, but the way I see it, unless you see someone actually declared dead and carried away in a body bag, then one can't be 100% sure that they're a goner. After all, Scarecrow never copped it in Batman Begins and The Joker survived through The Dark Knight (though that could have also been down to a matter of taste as well).

Plus, it would be a pity for a character like Two-Face to bow out after only being used a secondary villian for a small part of the film.