Non-nerdy things you own

troth

Jun 8, 2009
As I sat outside in the first sun I've had all year (Campbell River fucking sucks) I realized how I have a lot of stuff that is pretty awesome. And a good deal of it has nothing to do with video games or comic books. I then took a mental tally of the non-nerdy things I own, And some of them are:
-My trilby
-A guitar (Which I can't play)
-Paintball gun
-Survival books/kits
-Bowie knife
-Bayonet
-30 Goddamn chickens
-A huge garden
-Many tools to go with the above
-The knowledge of how to use and maintain almost any power tool
-A small boat I found and repaired
-Siding on my house of which up a great deal
-A fuck-ton of bladed things
-Adequate culinary expertise
So fellow Escapists. What non-nerdy things do you own?

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
<spoiler=This>

That was me, And Charlotte, At the Isle of Man TT. She's a Kawasaki ZX6R 2001, In blue.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Well as of yesterday i have a powerband. Which is essentially a giant rubber band used for fitness training. And it awesome. I have lots of other things, but nothing truly exciting.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Iv got a Wood Burning Kit, a couple of Knives(Eagle Eye), and some Dumbbells i use every now and then.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
My bed, my air rifle and my small collection of knives. I find it much harder to find non-nerdy things that I own than nerdy things XD

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
A 1948 Gibson L50 Archtop that sounds wonderful.
A 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu (in the middle of restoration)
Laundry list of assorted guns.
Several other instruments, including electric basses, upright kontrabass, trombones, etc.

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
These are my treasures:
Well, they're kinda nerdy, if you're into these things, which I am. But to most of my friends, they're actually considered "cool". I don't know how that happened though.

swolf

May 3, 2010
non-nerdy: um, does a wife and child count? Other than...well, I still have (and wear) my dogtags. Oh, and a machete.

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
swolf said:
non-nerdy: um, does a wife and child count? Other than...well, I still have (and wear) my dogtags.
Wife and kids doesn't count. That's considered family-nerd/domestic-nerd. :)

[edit]
Well, technically, a wife alone would count as non-nerdy. Because it is only one piece in a collection. But with a kid involved, it is considered nerdy, since then it's a two-piece collection.

swolf

May 3, 2010
Nietz said:
swolf said:
non-nerdy: um, does a wife and child count? Other than...well, I still have (and wear) my dogtags.
Wife and kids doesn't count. That's considered family-nerd/domestic-nerd. :)
But nerds are stereotypically not romantic, right? So, shouldn't it count? This person agrees with me:
troth said:
swolf said:
non-nerdy: um, does a wife and child count?
I think those would count.

Nickisimo

Apr 14, 2009
Umm...I've got all kinds of 'normal' stuff, but none of it negates my nerdiness.

I'm pretty much a jack-of-all-trades at every aspect of life though. I play pretty much anything, I watch all kinds of sports, listen to all kinds of music, have all kinds of friends, etc, etc.

I would say my most 'non-nerdy' item in the house is our dog. I love that little dog like it was my child, I swear. :)

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
swolf said:
non-nerdy: um, does a wife and child count? Other than...well, I still have (and wear) my dogtags. Oh, and a machete.
Depends, are they nerdy? Is the child you're little 'nerd spawn'? I'll stop now.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
An electric guitar (Which i can't play)
People say that despite my nature may being nerdy i don't dress like one so... My clothes, i guess. (Dunno if you wanna count that one)