Non-nerdy things you own

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
lacktheknack said:
A Smart car.

It's not nerdy, it's dorky.
because those are different to begin with. nerdy and dorky are like brothers. dorky is the party animal!

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Learn to play your instruments, people!

I own 3 guitars, 2 electric(one hollow body, one solid body), and an acoustic-electric. I recently acquired a bass that I'm learning very quickly.

Everything else I have is pretty nerdy.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
It's hard to tell what is and isn't a nerd thing but from what I can tell:

- A collection of deodorants.
- Several pairs of sunglasses.
- Exotic trinkets.
- An original didgeridoo.
- A classical guitar.
- Antique bullets extracted from my great grandfather's wounds from war.
- A tribal silver pendant.
- 1000 handmade paper cranes.
- A graphics tablet.
- Drawing pencils and my first prized sketchbook which I keep as a drawing diary and memento.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I honestly have nothing that can be considered non nerdy except for my bed.

Wait, that has collectible figures stacked on the frame.

Uh...my lamp is non nerdy.

goldsphinxx

Jan 12, 2009
A workout machine, snowboard, mountain bike, and a job.
The rest is pretty nerdy or what everyone has.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
1986 Toyota Pickup
Guns, lots and lots of guns: and I can shoot them all pretty well
Several high quality knives (think Schrade, these knives I use exclusively for field dressing deer.)
Fishing poles and tackle
Plaid shirts that I wear daily
Cowboy boots that I wear daily
Cowboy hat that I wear daily
Various airplane parts and memorabilia
Mint Grizzly dip
Camping gear
Ammo cans (best thing in the world, they're water proof and float! Yep perfect for river trips.)
Tools

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Some air soft guns, a Wii (haha), a punching bag, a trampoline, and more knives than a chef. Mostly sharp and fit for stabbing, although they are in a case...

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Hmmm... uh, since I'm not a fitness nerd, I could say my free weights. They're just other people's who didn't use 'em anymore, and a pair of hand grips.

What else... toothpaste, floss, deodorant, cologne that isn't Axe... I don't know, are art supplies nerdy? It's not a motorcycle or a mammoth head mounted on the wall, but it's not terrible.

This thread is stupid...

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I have plenty of non-nerdy things. But what you own does not necessarily mean you are a nerd. After all, I know plenty of nerds that take stock in swords and knives - which they never use nor sharpen. Some would call that nerdy. Many in this thread believe it is proof that they are non-nerdly items. See the oxymoron there?

Nerdliness regards what you do. For example, if you wear plaid pants and tie them off at the chest, or walk around with thick black glasses that have a piece of tape in the center of the frame. Perhaps you don't bathe and take no measures to stop acne, or don't visit a dentist and have a huge overbite. Those are pretty nerdly things.

If it amounts to that, then I couldn't give a second crap what I own. I cut down about ten trees the other day with a small chainsaw and hauled the wood to the back of my yard to make a dam. I wrangle horses. And I had to cut down on drinking and go to a gym due to the excessive weight gain that was to be had from too much brandy. I regret none of it.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
*Has brief glance round room*
- A Fender Jazz Bass (including kick-ass stand, amp, etc), which I'm pretty good with,
- A collection of Dominican Rep. cigars, with a smaller menagerie of Zippo lighters,
- A Caldura 30 litre silent mini-fridge, in my room, filled with beer and (90%) Poteen
- ... Oh, that's it. Damn, I'm nerdy.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
A rusty colonial saber, a unique kris, Iron Maiden and Megadeth posters, my bass and amp...
*tries to think hard*

That's it.

THEMANWHOIS

Mar 12, 2009
I'll just go with the stuff I use consistently. A Gibson Les Paul guitar, lacrosse sticks, a 9mm pistol, a paintball gun, and a snowboard.