North Korea Blasts US With 'We Are The World' Missiles

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
SonOfVoorhees said:
I really wish NK would fire a missile at America, just so America can shoot it down and have free rein to kick NK ass. lol. Not even China could back up NK if they actually launched a missile.....China is already getting annoyed with NK. Its like the mouthy little brother that China has to keep making apologies and excuses for.
Yeah China doesn't like NK, but they would dislike the US being so close even more. I suspect China would invade NK and use it as A buffer zone from SK.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
North Korea is like a wannabe super villain, they try so hard to be take seriously only to have their propaganda taken down by Activision.

Seriously, the only thing stopping America from storming in there and killing all the "ENEMIES OF FREEDOM" like they did with Iran Libya half the middle east is China, and even they can't stand up to the political pressure of aiding somebody threatening to nuke the entire western hemisphere.

The real losers here are the North Korean people, who still have to deal with their government spending all their food money on missiles.

Ryank1908

Oct 18, 2009
Oh my fucking god. Activision have blocked the video on grounds of copyright violation.

"FEAR THE UNSTOPPABLE NORTH KOREAN PROPAGANDA MACHI-- oh wait this was from a game? Where's Kim Jong Lawyer?"

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
N.K didn't know DNA existed until relatively recently. Perhaps someone should warn them about fallout radiation?

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
jdogtwodolla said:
Vardermir said:
Fun fact: The graphics are at least in part, if not entirely from Modern Warfare 3.
I was wondering why I couldn't watch it because Activision claimed a copyright violation. Now I'll never be able to legitimately join the NK mocking cool crowd.
Me neither.

Why wont Activision let me watch the North Korean Propaganda? Why??

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Karloff said:
"Despite attempts by imperialists to isolate and crush us," reads one caption in the video, "never will anyone be able to stop the people marching towards a final victory."
*Video removed for copyright infringement*

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Phrozenflame500 said:
The real losers here are the North Korean people, who still have to deal with their government spending all their food money on missiles.
This is something that I don't understand. How does currency work in a place like North Korea? Surely no other countries recognize their money as being worth anything. They don't really exist in the international trade system. So, how is their money worth anything internally? Since they have so few resources, what does their money actually represent?

How do they even "spend money" on missiles? Being a dictatorship, they could print as much money as they want, but that doesn't translate into actual resources. Is this all driven by China? But if it is all from China, why doesn't China just give them food, and refuse to give them nuclear material? Surely, that would be better for both countries. North Korea doesn't need nuclear weapons, and China doesn't need a crazy little brother bragging about his invasion plans. But both countries could certainly use the land-mass more productively.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Honestly, can we just put those people out of their misery already?
Canada, Britian, Australia, New Zealand: you wouldn't mind looking the other way would you?
It's just one city.
Are you suggesting to level an entire city? The vast majority of the North Korean population live under oppressive rule and are completely innocent of the crimes of the governing regime. They don't deserve to be eradicated like that.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Your Gaffer said:
You know American politicians make such a big deal about Iran's nuclear program but North Korea is a much less stable country and their possession of nukes is much more scary to me.
I agree. I know just recently I read somewhere that the spokes group for the North Korean government basically said that the reason they are building missiles and testing nukes is to take out the US.

And then North Korea wonders why the UN is being so "mean/unfair" and trying to stop them.

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
"FEAR US!!! WE ARE THE WORLD!!!!!!"

*This video is unavailable due to copyright claims by Activion Games"

"OH COME ON!!!"

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Games"
?!?!?
!
?
?!
North Korea owns Activision?
Activision owns North Korea?
Activision is threatening to launch nuclear missiles at the US?
My brain hurts!

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
erttheking said:
Honestly these people are turning into an amusing little side show, claiming that they're going to take over the world when they can't even launch one rocket without causing the poverty rate to sky rocket. I'm surprised the poor people that have to live under the rule of these idiots haven't rebelled yet.
well, it's kind of hard when all of N. Korea believes that the leader is sent by god and also has the freedom to gun down anybody that doesn't follow his orders

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Souplex said:
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Games"
?!?!?
!
?
?!
North Korea owns Activision?
Activision owns North Korea?
Activision is threatening to launch nuclear missiles at the US?
My brain hurts!
They used a clip from MW3... which just makes it hilarious...

Somehow, the thought of a country like North Korea getting nukes doesnt really scare me all that much... in all likelihood, the missile will probably crash in N. Korean shortly after launch...

*Edit*

FOUND THE SCENE I MENTIONED EARLIER! :D

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
Activision has just censored a censor loving country.
I wonder how NK feels abouth that.
For those that can't view it I found another article with the video saved
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/north-korea-propaganda-video-uses-call-of-duty-and-we-are-the-world-to-imagine-a-brighter-world-without-manhattan/

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Oh wow, whenever I see North Korea or Kim Jong Un mentioned in any news story or thread I prepare myself for the greatest comedy ever known to man. Seriously North Korea has less power than Activision. So awesome! I just wish I could have seen the video.
Edit: Ok I have seen the video now, honestly pretty hilarious.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
They are laughable. But their mentality is fuckin' scary. They're using footage from an American video game and a song about peace and love to make a video about a better world where they show an American city with more than 8 million civilians in ruins, burning. What kind of person does it take to find something like that inspiring?

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Aardvaarkman said:
Actually, they kind of are. Perhaps not a literal hive-mind, but on the spectrum oh hive-mind to independent free-thinkers, they are much closer to the hive-mind end. They are heavily indoctrinated, and conditioned not to think for themselves.

If anything "hive-mind" is being generous, because it implies the ability to harness multiple minds for greater processing power. In North Korea, the indoctrination leads to multiple minds being crippled for vastly lower overall performance. The whole is actually less than the sum of its parts.
Whatever fiction helps you all dehumanize them best, I guess.