Nostalgia

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
it really is about the time devoted with online MP...and a certain level of seriousness that varies based on the game. course I won't talk too much cuz I'm only slightly above average in Halo, mediocre in CoD, and miserable at Gears of War online :p

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
This comic is so me on bad days. You know, just those days that no matter what you do you just can't get a damn kill and some asshole named xxsupernsiperelitexx keeps headshotting you with awps and EGYE(GIJEGOPG *throws computer out window*

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
So how hard did these guys work to make it EXACTLY like CS:S so nobody would rage when their skills didn't transfer over 1:1

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Angry Juju said:
I stopped reading after he said that black ops perfected the genre. Just.... No.....

Love the comic though :D
Are you sure you didn't stop reading slightly before that?

Mar 7, 2012
ZippyDSMlee said:
Better not to change than become crap. I'ma looking at you COD..... GOW.... every other sequel made...
Funny, I actually completely disagree.

I'd rather a series at least try to do something new, and fail at it, than to stagnant and rest on its laurels.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
ZippyDSMlee said:
Better not to change than become crap. I'ma looking at you COD..... GOW.... every other sequel made...
HEY. gears of war, or god of war, or whichever you were talking about, are very good games. sure, they dont completely innovate, but what sequel does. and for gears of war, they have consistently added a new game mode, one of which started, or was at the forefront of a craze [horde mode].

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Allthingsspectacular said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Funny, I actually completely disagree.

I'd rather a series at least try to do something new, and fail at it, than to stagnant and rest on its laurels.
Looking at Final fantasy I am going to have to disagree, its all well and fine if they want to experiment on spin offs but not on the main game...it makes most of them suck...

MArio has kinda gone down hill since Mario 64....

Lord of Shadow is not better than CV:LOI/CV:COD, it might have smoother combat but worse level design.

All in all trying to make new watered down or whack ass game play narratives tends to result in a weaker product.

bullet_sandw1ch said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
HEY. gears of war, or god of war, or whichever you were talking about, are very good games. sure, they dont completely innovate, but what sequel does. and for gears of war, they have consistently added a new game mode, one of which started, or was at the forefront of a craze [horde mode].
I don't play muliplayer, and "GOW" has not changed much, I just threw it in the for the lulz and to see if anyone would catch it. :p

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
cieply said:
You mean you'll leave it to people with more skill? ;P

I agree CS is hard, but god, black ops is atrocious.

On the other hand, I wanted to do what is presented in the panel many many times and many mice lost their lives at the hands of angry gamers due to CS.
On the other hand, Black Ops has Tomahawks. Which just makes it automatically better.

I suck at Counterstrike, so I just play every game as if it were Scoutknives. Its so shameful to get killed by Captain Scountknives.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Angry Juju said:
Grey Carter said:
Angry Juju said:
I stopped reading after he said that black ops perfected the genre. Just.... No.....

Love the comic though :D
Are you sure you didn't stop reading slightly before that?
No actually I read the whole thing, but everything fell out of my head after you said that it perfected the genre... Unbalanced, not innovative, bland art direction, no soul, buggy as fuck. The game is even designed as a time sink, why do you think the prestige system is as it is? And why do you think that they reset your level every year for the cost of $60
I think you may want to read it again, mate. I said nothing of the sort.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The truth, it had been revealed.

As a Counter Strike Source player. I rarely went online, but when I did I was below average to say. Except I found it much more fun when you play against computers, sure they may kill you within seconds but its better then having people screaming at you.

And I know the pain. X_X