Nostalgia

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Warband and Dark Souls are similar, despite being far lower tech, there is a real learning curve, but once you get the game, you can become a big boss.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
The game is hard because there's recoil in the guns. I think people have forgotten what that feels like when holding down the fire button is actually detrimental to your killstreak. lol
I think it's even harder because the recoil isn't representative on your crosshairs. Which means the bullets go above your crosshair, even if your view and crosshair doesn't.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I remember playing Counter Strike back in the day. Like Quake, it always reminds me how easy "Competitive FPS" games are these days. I'm not really to good at it though but I still have fun knowing that when I get taken down it's by someone fast, accurate, and familiar with the weapons they are using and the environmental their in.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
is it me, or does she live in a really shitty looking house/apartment? Guessing game reviewing doesn't pay well

Itsthefuzz

Apr 1, 2010
Angry Juju said:
Grey Carter said:
Angry Juju said:
Grey Carter said:
Angry Juju said:
I stopped reading after he said that black ops perfected the genre. Just.... No.....

Love the comic though :D
Are you sure you didn't stop reading slightly before that?
No actually I read the whole thing, but everything fell out of my head after you said that it perfected the genre... Unbalanced, not innovative, bland art direction, no soul, buggy as fuck. The game is even designed as a time sink, why do you think the prestige system is as it is? And why do you think that they reset your level every year for the cost of $60
I think you may want to read it again, mate. I said nothing of the sort.
Misread :d I read 'Admitting that I prefer Call of Duty, particularly Black Ops, the game which arguably established and perfected the genre'
Man do you probably feel like a big asre right now.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
Vivi22 said:
cieply said:
On the other hand, I wanted to do what is presented in the panel many many times and many mice lost their lives at the hands of angry gamers due to CS.
Truer words were never spoken. I had a friend who would often throw his mouse at the wall in anger. Apparently there was one day he got so pissed playing CS that he grabbed it by the cord, swung it around above his head and slammed it into the wall so hard that he found pieces across the room. He stopped throwing his mouse after that.

It's worth noting that he was a damn good CS player too.
*Laughs more than anything else on the internet has been able to make me since 2011*

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
This is one of the games that raised me and taught me anger and frustration more than anything else. Playing it again after about 8 years away and missing the whole of 1.6 and source and it is still as awesome and frustrating and ever. Especially noobs with flashbangs. I hate noobs with flashbangs.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
I personally love cs. I love the new one too. I am pretty good at cs, but I dont rage often. You just have to get used to the fact that no matter how good you are, there will be some rounds where you will be one-shotted before it has even been ten seconds. And no matter how bad you are, you will occasionally have great strokes of luck.

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
Come back with me to the days when anti-cheat protection was really, really pathetic.

I was one of those guys who could creep around with a pistol and just destroy a larger team of less experienced players. And of course, there were much better guys in my 'clan' that could kick my butt while eating dinner at the same time.

I have many fond memories of CS. Mostly because I found a good server to play on that ran a lot of cool custom maps (Nipper, 3D Mike, etc). I got along with the (mostly mature) players who ran the server, and - after many months - they invited me to join them. We didn't allow bad language or the AWM; none of that is required to enjoy the game. After some time, our numbers thinned. Every time someone decided that we needed to have "open tryouts" (for whatever reason) we ended up losing the new people who were either hacking, or thought that we were a more competitive group. To be fair we did draw in a small number of mature, reliable players. I never made the change to CS:Source; it sounded like an incomplete game. I didn't want to play a game where the hitboxes were so badly out of whack.

I don't know whose idea it was to make "alltalk" a server feature, but I always thought it was a terrible idea. You can't listen for footsteps when the kids are whining about how they got shot. I hate to think that it was CS that might have been the progenitor of the XBOX Live culture of abuse, but I guess it could happen. Fortunately, I don't remember playing on a server that had that kind of abusive players.

I was playing CS on the morning of September 11, 2001. I had no idea what was happening in the real world, but I had to quit playing early that day because the lag was getting amazingly bad.

Kelgair said:
Bunny-hopping was amazing from 1.0 to 1.3, 1.4 was the major nerf that destroyed what bunny hopping was. 1.5 and beyond were laughable attempts at jumping. You could never truly bunny-hop in source.
And after the stupid bunny hopping was finally fixed, then someone discovered strafe-jumping, and THAT needed to be fixed in 1.6 or so. Argh! I still hate bunny hoppers!