Not-Quite Blue Man Plays Zelda Tunes on PVC Pipe

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
dagens24 said:
That was amazing. It's nice to know for that for every mom putting a baby in a garbage bag there's a kids playing zelda music on PVC pipes kid out there somewhere.
Oh wow...
You had to bring that up...? :'(
Thanks alot... Buzz Killington
-Tabs<3-

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Having seen the Blue Man Group live, this guy kinda annoys me. He's made the instrument, sure, but the majority of what I've seen him use it for is just covers, with none of the subtly and fun that the BLG get out of their custom instruments. His glances up at the camera are taken from them, but again he doesn't do anything with those moments of contact :/

Basically, he's got the rhythm and potential to do a good act, but he seems to lack the creativity to use the instrument interestingly, which annoys me.

The Garudo cover was cool though, nice rhythms :)

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Needs less "Zelda's Lullaby"/"Shiek's Theme", needs more "Lost Woods", "Song of Storms", and "Gerudo Valley."

But anyway, it's pretty cool. The timbre of the instrument doesn't work for some of the selections, but damn does it work for Gerudo Valley. I also feel that the lower notes shouldn't decay that quickly, either, but that's just the mallet percussionist in me talking and being use to the sound of bass marimba.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Every time I hear anything Zelda I get a chill, but that was a new one. I've heard a whole bunch of different ways to hear this music, but this was new. He is really good, and wicked talented. Thanks a hell of a lot for finding this video, I'm gonna watch it about 900 more times before going to bed :D

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
Such talent and skill! Brought back so many memories.

Very impressive!

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Daedalus1942 said:
dagens24 said:
That was amazing. It's nice to know for that for every mom putting a baby in a garbage bag there's a kids playing zelda music on PVC pipes kid out there somewhere.
Oh wow...
You had to bring that up...? :'(
Thanks alot... Buzz Killington
-Tabs<3-
If you look at the message of my post rather than the words alone, I think it's a very positive message. For all the shittiness in the world, there's also good people doing awesome things that bring happiness to many.

Jukofux

Aug 23, 2010
Well he just needs a green shirt and a purple shirt and he can do a four-person song...(I had to, I just had to.)

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
standokan said:
Wow, impressive but still, an incredibly useless skil.
Well, only in the way that any musical talent could be considered useless. Why is this different to being good at the trombone?

drpepper09

Mar 31, 2011
Singularly Datarific said:
I think that's actually the best version of the Gerudo Valley I've yet heard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ6VStjxhBs
my personal favorite version

nugarin

Apr 3, 2011
The Red Spy said:
I really have to ask, how did he arrive at the decision to fashion a (functional) instrument out of PVC piping? What event occured in his life to make the connection between plumbing equipment, and music? I'm to going to get an answer, but that was quite impressive.
Ah, that's obvious my dear Watson. He had motive, means and an opportunity:) Everyone loves Zelda - there is your motive. Means - his dad is probably a plumber and has lots of pipes lying around. Opportunity - kids have lots of free time. I myself would have wondered if he hadn't done what he did;)