Notch Dumps on EA "Indie Bundle"

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Brainst0rm said:
Something which was also said by Notch:

"Twitter quotes are NOT NEWS. You're better than that, and you make me feel dirty."
Expressing your views via an online social media site that is intentionally designed to be as open and public as possible is something that shouldn't be quoted?

Notch apparently still has no clue about how the rest of the world works. If he doesn't want people quoting his twitter, he needs to stop putting things on there. You'd think he would have learned after that fiasco over the Yogscast and Minecon, but apparently he still thinks his twitter is off the record.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Hey, I'm fine with EA making games and selling them to appeal to a wider audience - so long as they keep their hands out of pre-established franchises, and don't "Streamline" them for a wider audience. Something they can't help themselves from doing as the IP name sells it to the fans, and the whole "Streamlining" thing sells it to the masses.
EA IS methodically destroying gaming, 1 IP and company at a time.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
draythefingerless said:
wait, so because steam puts the indie bundle on its shop, its no longer indie?
Yes. Yes it is. That's exactly what I said. Well, I mean, aside from the part you seem to have pulled from your arse.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Cryo84R said:
Publishers like EA are in fact, destroying the industry. Wildly inflated game budgets and overworked staff will eventually lead us to the point where we need to make a choice about where we want this industry. Do we want it creative, or do we want it formulaic?

Mark my words, if the next generation of game systems is not digital only, we will see an early 80's style collapse of the wider industry.
I'm starting to dread the same thing - we WILL have another game crash sooner or later if EA isn't sued out of business for their jurassic business model and stubborn persistence to buy out and ruin their competition.

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Andy, you really can't see what's wrong with EA? REEEEEAAAAALLLYY?
I bet you think Newt Gingrich is just a guy with an unfortunately sized head who likes being married so much he did it three times.
Best metaphor, you win the internet today sir. Go make yourself a trophy, you deserve it.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Why are we giving this enormous dick so much coverage over everything he says or thinks? It's like how the the press stumbles over themselves to figure out what the latest big-headed celebrity just spoke up about.

Both EA and Notch are really big dicks. We knew this.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
mjc0961 said:
So I guess all those terrible business practices don't count, then? Notch is right about one thing: EA is methodically destroying gaming.
Notch's statement, as much as I'd like to agree with it, is still hyperbolic bullshit, by logic.

EA has destroyed quite a number of talented developers just to make a quick buck, but they wouldn't have been able to get away with it for so long if they didn't have any customers.

So in that, Andy is partly correct. EA has shown that they will abuse their developers and customers to get what they want, but you can't blame anyone but the customers for allowing this to continue.

And your later post suggesting that it's customers who are ruining things is beyond insane. People aren't saying yes please, they're just trying to lube up their assholes as much as possible so that it hurts less when EA rapes them again.
Why do they keep saying yes? Perhaps if the customers pulled their fucking pants up and walked away from EA, they wouldn't get raped at all.

What you describe is willful idiocy.

Spearmaster

Mar 10, 2010
It should be the EA "out latest victims" bundle, funny that its on steam which seems to be a helper of Indy games when EA is a destroyer of the free creativity of dev teams. No matter how you view it everybody is gonna loose on this one...except valve...