Now that Fallout 4 is being teased, what would you like to see in the next installment?

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
Terminate421 said:
And to anyone else, they aren't setting it outside of America. It won't happen and wouldn't work
Chris Avelon stated that he'd like to do a Fallout where you play as British Soldiers

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Jon Shannow said:
Chris Avelon stated that he'd like to do a Fallout where you play as British Soldiers
Actually he said he would like to make a game based on the resource wars set in Europe, and it was actually J.E.Sawyer

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
If you're going to let us join the baddies don't make it massivly under balanced. Joining Slavers in 3 has almost no benefits. And joining Legion blocks off a good third of quests and means you can't have certain companions a downside which can't be said of joining NCR or Vegas.
Also don't leave things unexplained. 3 introduced Tenpenny - a guy who not only managed to cross the Atlantic from the UK but become one of the richest men in the Wasteland. This would be a great chance for the devs to tell us about the state of the world outside America or how Tenpenny managed to accomplish all he did. But no all he does is spout a few lines and shoot at things in the distance.

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
Jon Shannow said:
Actually he said he would like to make a game based on the resource wars set in Europe, and it was actually J.E.Sawyer
I'm pretty sure the concept was about British Soldiers trying to get back to their lines though wasn't it?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Jon Shannow said:
I'm pretty sure the concept was about British Soldiers trying to get back to their lines though wasn't it?
Yes that was part of the concept
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_Resource_Wars

But yeah, it was J.E. sawyer who said he wanted to do it, not Avelon.

Personally, I dont think a Fallout game outside of america would work well, the lack of 50's america would make it unconnected to the rest of the series.

Jon Shannow said:
Also don't leave things unexplained.
That really isn't Bethesda's style, they are all about leaving things to the player's imaginations.

Knowing that he came here because over there was just THAT shitty is all the info they probably ever will give.

Darmy647

Sep 28, 2012
Less buildings. If we NEED or have to have them, more variety please. I was getting so sick of the fucking subway/government type buildings. Dont get me wrong, felt great to visit...but when trying it out for long periods of time to maximise replayability...woooow talk about a bit over-used. I never want to go to D.C. again...

Omega Scythe

Oct 13, 2009
Something that always bothered me about the Fallout games (3 especially) was how much side-content they left by the wayside, just sitting there unused. BOTH the modern games have made a big spectacle of certain factions fixing things up and doing big projects and reclaiming/re-purposing technology and yadda yadda yadda.....you know what I wanted to do? I wanted to go and reconnect all those damned power lines that were all over the place, turn on some electricity. I wanted to see if I could get some of those satellite stations to work. I wanted to RECLAIM THE WASTELAND AND SUBJUGATE IT BEFORE ME.

It just always felt that the quests, side-quests, and independent activities you could do were insubstantial as a whole. What, the Brotherhood of Steel/NCR absolutely love me because I have solved every single problem they have, and you're telling me I can't convince them to let me take a few guys to reclaim some useful shit for them? New Vegas was better than Fallout 3 about this, because you could actually assemble a pretty cool alliance from the various factions for the final mission (whichever one you chose). But I was still left feeling rather unsatisfied at all the things I WISHED I could do for my benefit or the benefit of whoever I chose to support.

boomerpro87

Dec 19, 2011
FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS CRIST LET ME DUEL WIELD ONE HANDED WEAPONS and make it so that if you have enough strength and gun experience you could dule weild two hannded wepons aswell and god let their be mountible veichels or at least a customization in the house duel

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Akalabeth said:
Like, for one what's this commonwealth? Was that address in FO2 or FO3 DLC? That could certain be explored in some capacity I would think.
The Commonwealth was mentioned in Fallout 3, and all of its DLC, except Mothership Zeta.

The Commonwealth is what remains of the area around MIT, and is described to be a quagmire of violence and despair, much like the Capital Wasteland, but at the heart of it is the Institute, the post-war version of MIT, which is this sealed environment where scientists make weird technologies.

The Institute has the ability to make androids, humanoid robots that have fake blood, and skin, that can think for themselves, and even digest food.

There are also other organizations nearby such as The Railroad, which tries to free the androids of the slavery The Institute put them in, and The Abbey of the Road, some sort of post-war christian monstrosity group that sends out missionaries to spread the word of god, and reclaim various religious artifacts/places.

Akalabeth said:
The only thing that's really a common thread in fallout seems to be the pipboy. Which is vault tech. Which is why every character starts in or is descended from a vault. And vault tech seems to only be in America.
Actually, the common thread between Fallout game is that they are set in what he 50's pictured the future to be like, all the robots, many of the guns, the shape of the cars etc. etc. its all 50's.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Make "Bloody Mess" perk not turn people into millions of pieces upon death. Rather specific damage from weapons, taking away part of the torso with a shotgun as an earlier poster mentioned.

New engine, with proper physics.

Make everyone not be uncanney valley looking and show some facial emotions (enough with the robot eye tracking).

Easy to mod, above all else.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I think he was teasing a mini-series or TV show, not a game. As some news came out shortly after about a show.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
I really want the next fallout to be in the midwest. Washington was awesome New Vegas and the west coast (1 and 2) were beautiful, but we now need to see what happens when you have Caesar's regents to the west, and a wad of no mans land to the east, Brotherhood Texas to the south.

Kansas City would be an ideal location cause of it's central location, historic significance (in the 20th Century)and rich architecture that can be busted down. you can play with things like the MU/KU Rivalry LONG AFTER it means anything. organized crime, sports, music, food and transportation history there make it able to have the rich character of New Vegas, without mucking up established factions.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Well if Bethesda is going to develop it we will probably get a simplified version of Fallout 3 with dragons or something.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
Pandabearparade said:
mGoLos said:
On the PS3?
Oh, no.. sorry. :(

The PS3 always gets the shaft on Bethesda games. Buy the PC version if at all possible. The unofficial patch and mods make it the only way to play a Fallout/TES game.
I do find myself missing the mods in my Skyrim, but Bethesda has made it run right - just don't get your head under water or it freezes for some reason, but at least it runs properly .. finally.

I've boycotted bethesda for that exact reason. I will never ever pre-order another game from those jerks.

It just seems lazy that they can fix Skyrim but still ignores New Vegas.

HAVERSHA

Apr 24, 2009
Keep the improved combat and survival elements from New Vegas and combine it with the superior world and atmosphere of F3.

Happy Days!