Now that the Steam Winter Sale is over, what all did everybody here get?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I picked up The Surge and its sequel, plus Ace Combat 7. Was considering Terminator: Resistance but passed as it wasn’t much of a discount. It’ll have to wait quite a while even if there’s a better one later since I swore off buying games this year.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I don't think I got anything during the Steam sale.

Stellaris from GoG.com, but that's about it (no DLC, which may severely colour my playing experience, but since it's baby's first Paradox game, how bad could it be?(!)). -.-
It's not worth playing without DLC, at least get apocalypse and utopia (with leviathan, megacorp and federation being pretty nice)

I picked up The Surge and its sequel, plus Ace Combat 7. Was considering Terminator: Resistance but passed as it wasn’t much of a discount. It’ll have to wait quite a while even if there’s a better one later since I swore off buying games this year.
The first surge is pretty meh imo (very samey environment and stupid exp system that make changing weapon harder than it need to be). So if you drop out of that one try the other one. Lord of the fallen is also decent by the same dev.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I wasn't feeling too motivated to get something new and shiny, so I got some of the old stuff in my wishlist that I had forgotten about:

- Haydee (I have no idea why I put it in my wishlist and now I'm severely questioning my past self's state of mind)
- Black Mesa
- The Long Dark

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
- Haydee (I have no idea why I put it in my wishlist and now I'm severely questioning my past self's state of mind)
Its hard to argue with big bouncing boobs, but its also not very good, at least in my experience. Maybe you will enjoy the puzzle platforming more then I did with a camera that is really stuck up your characters big butt.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Its hard to argue with big bouncing boobs, but its also not very good, at least in my experience. Maybe you will enjoy the puzzle platforming more then I did with a camera that is really stuck up your characters big butt.
Yeah, All I remember about is a robot/android with some....rather large assets. I'm sure there a reason for that in game but I never bothered to get it.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I have a friend in Germany. We use to gift each other games on steam, until Steam said "Nope, sorrry, can't do that".

Luckily, GOG.com still lets you gift games across national borders.
If the Mass Effect trilogy was on GoG I’d do it that way. But I mean come on, even if it said to send it I’d have to pay the converted sale price I’d have happily done it.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
For my friend: Yakuza LaD

For me: Raiders Forsaken Earth and Age of Wonders Gold

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
It's not worth playing without DLC, at least get apocalypse and utopia (with leviathan, megacorp and federation being pretty nice)
I've heard... "things" about Paradox games being incomplete experiences without the DLC, but I've had a really difficult time with them to start with, so I wasn't entirely sure about my own thought process when I got Stellaris. I enjoy strategy games and yet I haven't been able to get into any Paradox title even though I have a few of them (CK2, EU3, EU:R), and my friends kept banging on about Stellaris, and given its very different setting, I'd thought I'd give it a tentative go.

*shrug

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
I wasn't feeling too motivated to get something new and shiny, so I got some of the old stuff in my wishlist that I had forgotten about:

- Black Mesa
- The Long Dark
Black Mesa is a great one. Probably the most impressible remaster I've ever played/

Reactions: Dalisclock

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
No Man's Sky, Outward and 7 Days to Die to play with friends.

I thought NMS was pretty bad. This is my first time playing it and I just find it rather boring. Just feels like there's nothing really that meaningful to do or look forward to and the gameplay itself lacks a hook. People tell me it has improved a lot since its inception but that fact doesn't really do anything for me.

Outward was an interesting idea, but imo poorly executed mega jank. I had fun coop-ing with a friend but I'm unlikely to ever finish the game myself. We've kinda moved onto 7D2D so I don't know if my friend will want to continue and finish the game so its entirely on him.

I was always curious about 7D2D after watching some streams. I'm playing it with some friends and we got our own server. Unlike the usual survival games, the presence of the Blood Moon - basically a periodic zombie horde gives us some sorta direction and something to look forward to. Spend the week building defenses and fixing the place up and then enjoy the horde. We'll probably get bored eventually but we're still having fun for now.