Now, YOU'RE thinking with portals.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Well, we all know what PA's Gabe would do: http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20071012.jpg

So. You have a Portal Gun. How do you use it?

Me? I put one portal inside a box and ship the box to wherever I want to visit. Yeah, travel time overall would be a bit longer, but the time you actually spend TRAVELLING is zilch, you can come back easily, and hell, it's just awesome.

Much less expensive, too.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
There's no use crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Hide one underneath the doormat.

Then when some unsuspecting solicitor comes calling they get a one way ticket to Siberia, go bother a polar bear.

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
I would set up a bit of an obstacle course for passing cars as I send them into one portal that sends them up into the sky. Then immediately send them through another portal that lands them safely back on the road. I just love screwing with people.

Also, I would probably rob stores. The temptation is just too much.

krysalist

Aug 22, 2007
Remember when you told them the cake was a lie and they were quiet and then CantFaketheFunk said not to say that? That was great.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I would probably make portals inside rickety buildings, then step out of them onto a balcony...wait for a guy in an orange suit to drive by, straighten my tie, and go back through the portal, closing it behind me.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Im still in school so if I could put a small one on my desk underneath my paper that goes to somewhere with all my notes it would be the most awesome thing ever.

Well... Maybe using gravity to launch myself really high into the air would be cooler but still...

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
I generate a continuous free fall scenario until my body turns into a goo of near-to-be hotty hot plasma.

Aquilon

Jun 18, 2007
Russ Pitts said:
The cake is a lie, people.
And yet it isn't. Absolutely brilliant game by the way, it's been quite a while since a game made laugh that much.

As for potential usage of a portal gun: Either creating a everlasting supply of clean energy (imagine one portal at the bottom of a dam, the other one at the top) or using it to attend lectures while in the comfort of my own home.

Lance Icarus

Oct 12, 2007
Aquilon said:
And yet it isn't. Absolutely brilliant game by the way, it's been quite a while since a game made laugh that much.

As for potential usage of a portal gun: Either creating a everlasting supply of clean energy (imagine one portal at the bottom of a dam, the other one at the top) or using it to attend lectures while in the comfort of my own home.
Save the enviroment, be lazy, save the enviroment, be lazy....

That's a hard one.

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
I'd have one at home all the time, so I could go home in a split second. though the problem would be getting back to work... seeing as my car is still there

Bongo Bill

Jul 13, 2006
Lance Icarus said:
Aquilon said:

Save the enviroment, be lazy, save the enviroment, be lazy....

That's a hard one.
Don't worry about it. The amount of water that can pass through one of those portals at terminal velocity wouldn't even be enough to power your house (probably). Maybe if you had a really efficient set of turbines or something.

Zetim

Oct 6, 2007
for all you people who said you'd never need to use transportation, in order for the portal gun to transport you somewhere you need to BE at the place you want to teleport to, and you cant just leave the teleport open indefinitely, who knows what sort of 5th and 6th dimensional effects that has on the world? also people would probably abuse it. the lines for using the damned things would be like soviet Russia.

so the fact remains that youd have to get to the place your traveling to regularly and would have to keep the portal open in some inconspicuous area where no one will find it or else youd have a crapload of attention to your easy-street transportionisming. the tele-gun would have to be used in less practical uses (or more practical) things such as theft or the like, however security cameras would probably pick you up making the teleport and you'd get caught anyway.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Put an exit at home, put an entrance near my office. (Preferably somewhere I can lock up.) Cut commuting time in half. Yay!

-- Steve

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Zetim said:
for all you people who said you'd never need to use transportation, in order for the portal gun to transport you somewhere you need to BE at the place you want to teleport to, and you cant just leave the teleport open indefinitely, who knows what sort of 5th and 6th dimensional effects that has on the world? also people would probably abuse it. the lines for using the damned things would be like soviet Russia.

so the fact remains that youd have to get to the place your traveling to regularly and would have to keep the portal open in some inconspicuous area where no one will find it or else youd have a crapload of attention to your easy-street transportionisming. the tele-gun would have to be used in less practical uses (or more practical) things such as theft or the like, however security cameras would probably pick you up making the teleport and you'd get caught anyway.
You have a portal gun!! The police cant catch you!
(Ok, I admit this is a little too much power... Im corrupt already)