NX. IT'S HABBENING!!!!!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Ezekiel said:
Mario wants to molest you.
He's a'no Weegee! Let it go!

OT: Lemme know when it's done habbening so I can hear the result of it.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
well, for better or worse it'll certainly be nice to know what the damn thing is finally.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
That image looks like a hospital curtain he's pulling back. Oh dear, if I was to experience that face at such a sensitive time, the psychological damage would be irreparable. Saville was a monster, but that?? That is terrifying.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
The internet did it again:

I usually don't repost things like this, but these people are creative on top of being ninjas.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
That image looks like a hospital curtain he's pulling back. Oh dear, if I was to experience that face at such a sensitive time, the psychological damage would be irreparable. Saville was a monster, but that?? That is terrifying.
Hospital curtain? Mario?

DR MARIO CONFIRMED LAUNCH TITLE FOR THE NX!

Until the trailer comes out that is all we have to go on.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
And it's officially called the Nintendo Switch. And it is indeed a console-handheld hybrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Aiddon said:
And it's officially called the Nintendo Switch. And it is indeed a console-handheld hybrid.

I like it. Makes way more sense as a console than Sony and Microsoft making shitty versions of PCs.

Myria

Sanity Challenged
Nov 15, 2009
DudeistBelieve said:
I like it. Makes way more sense as a console than Sony and Microsoft making shitty versions of PCs.
Not really convinced a shitty version of a tablet is an improvement.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Myria said:
DudeistBelieve said:
Except it's not a tablet but a fusion of a handheld and home console. Oops

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
While I'm not throwing my money at my laptop screen, the Switch does have my interest and I'll wait to see when Nintendo start leaking more info about the switch, I can imagine at some point they'll have a Direct before March 2017 focusing on the switch and what launch titles they'll have in the line up. Speaking of games, did that showcase Skyrim as one of the Switch's games and if so, does that mean that they'll be more 3rd party games? I hope so at least.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
I'll take it, the console fans have no reason to ever use the portable version, it looks Wii U backwards compatible, the hardware does not look plesant. It's a Nintendo product alright.

Also IS THAT SKYRIM?! Can someone confirm that? Don't get me wrong, it's no Morrowind, but I think we can talk now Nintendo.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I have huge doubts about the capabilities of the Switch. I really do not trust that footage at all.

To me, the only real reason to buy the Switch is if Nintendo gets their shit together on third party games. Because most Nintendo properties can be played on handhelds anyway. Playing Skyrim on the go sounds really appealing, despite my doubts that it will run acceptably. If Nintendo plays their cards right, they could have something special on their hands.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Aiddon said:
Myria said:
DudeistBelieve said:
Except it's not a tablet but a fusion of a handheld and home console. Oops
That is kind of what a gaming tablet is. Except, you know, this would have actual games.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Aiddon said:

Here's my take on it:

It doesn't seem to show any motion controls, though maybe they just didn't showcase them. The regular controller looks alright.

They did show some games. Zelda: BotW is there, not surprisingly. It shows Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon, but King Boo wasn't in Mario Kart 8, and some of those outfits weren't in Splatoon. So are they also getting remastered for the Switch?

Is that the remaster of Skyrim? If so, does that mean the Switch is on par with the PS4 and XBone in terms of hardware capabilities?

They showed playing an NBA game with 4 players, so it has wireless connectivity for local multiplayer?

And was that a new Mario game?

Overall, I'd say my impression is pretty positive.

My only concern is those detachable controllers. A neat idea, but they look too small, and I feel like my hands will cramp up using them.

Finally, it looks like they're still aiming for a March 2017 release. I'm not feeling like I'm going to run over people to get it on launch day, but I do want to know more about it.

I just hope that Smash Brothers gets ported over to it.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Myria said:
DudeistBelieve said:
Agreed. The trailer is absolutely ridiculous. Unless this thing has unlimited battery all of these spontaneous party crashing video games sessions aren't going to last very long.

Does putting the handheld into that cradle increase it's processing power? If not, does that mean there's some kind of upscaling or pixel stretching going on when you move from the small screen to big screen? Then again, I suppose it's not far off to assume that tablet screen is 1080p. But that means your game would have to run equally well on mobile and console mode which means we're looking at another Nintendo console x years behind on the tech cycle.

Those detachable controllers for the tablet mode... were they made for the lollipop guild? I have average adult white male hands and I already find the dualshock too little. This thing looks like a chicken nugget.

Advertising your brand new console with old games like Splatoon and Skyrim... seems in line with Nintendo logic.

The cringe inducing E-sports bit. Nintendo won't even let people play their games on youtube and now they're supposedly going to play catch up to the rest of the industry with this mobile tablet thing? Yeah right.

I'm sorry, I know I'm being really fucking salty about this but I've been pulling for Nintendo to pull its head of its ass and get back in the game and this is just the opposite of what I was hoping for. Honestly I hope I'm wrong. I hope the Switch works as seamlessly as they show and it makes that cool click and swipe sound and we get a deluge of games that are fun to play everywhere. We'll see.