NYCC 2013: Cosplay Gallery - Day 1

honeybakedham

Sep 29, 2009
TallanKhan said:
I have to admit, I am not always 100% who all the cosplayers are. It would be really good if each picture was titled. Still enjoyable none the less.
Totally agree. I am not so immersed in geek culture that I can identify every aspect of it, but often I see a cosplayer photo and think, "hey... that's cool... I'd like to learn more about the thing that inspired them."

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Two-A said:
The Luteces look really good, but my pedantic side still can't get over the fact that they messed up the tally marks.
By the looks of it they've genuinely been asking people to do the coin toss and marking it up then and there.

Although that raises a question that I've wondered about for a while; when they make Booker do the coin toss in the game, are they recording his guess or the actual result of the flipped coin?

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
cursedseishi said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Wow, a lot of good ones here. I especially like that robot dog... thing... costume. I have no idea where that's from, these pictures really could use some subtitles...
That would be, as others have already ninja'ed, Bladewolf of Metal Gear Rising. And a rather awesome looking one at that, I want it...!

And I agree with the above sentiment about labeling these bloody pictures. At least this time I recognized a hefty chunk of them, but more often then not I can't, either because I'm just not familiar enough (or haven't seen it in a long while), or costume isn't well... looking right, to put it nicely...
You guys are SO correct! This gallery would be 100+ more awesome with labels and it SHOULD have labels. Unfortunately, I've been taking the pics on the floor with almost zero internet access and I wanted to post the best out of who I saw, rather than pick and choose based on my own knowledge of comics, games, anime, ect. It was a tough choice, but I hoped delivering a better gallery to you was more important than unfairly cutting people because I didn't recognize the comic. That's why I asked for help in my intro. I promise to fill in captions and labels as soon as I'm not traveling and can make sure they are correctly attributed ;)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Red X said:
20. Good and Evil Raven from The Teen Titans.
I actually know the two girls who dressed up as the Ravens...well, kinda-sorta know them. A friend of mine from Xbox was literally just telling me about how he went to NYCC with his sister, her boyfriend, and one of their friends, and that his sister was the Raven with the LED eyes and the other friend went as the evil Raven. I was really hoping that I'd see them in this gallery and I was not disappointed. :D

My friend and his sister's boyfriend went as Penguin and Two-Face, respectively. Apparently all four of them were asked to pose for a picture for Entertainment Weekly.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Man, Moxxie was crazy good. The makeup even had that game aesthetic to it. Really like the Bioshock Infinite cosplayers. It would be an error to just call them the coin toss people but ok.

Nice Cid from FF referrence too.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
james.sponge said:
Red X said:
1. The coin toss people from BioShock Infinite
What do you mean "coin toss people"!? These are not mere coin toss people! They are Lutece twins, Rosalind and Robert two most interesting characters from that game!!! ;)
It has been a while since I played Bioshock Infinite. Weren't the Lutece "twins" actually the same person from alternate realities? "Twins" may simply be the most convenient way to identify them.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
james.sponge said:
Red X said:
1. The coin toss people from BioShock Infinite
What do you mean "coin toss people"!? These are not mere coin toss people! They are Lutece twins, Rosalind and Robert two most interesting characters from that game!!! ;)
It has been a while since I played Bioshock Infinite. Weren't the Lutece "twins" actually the same person from alternate realities? "Twins" may simply be the most convenient way to identify them.
Yes, they were which is why they seemed to complete each other so well. We need more characters like this :D

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Geo Da Sponge said:
Two-A said:
The Luteces look really good, but my pedantic side still can't get over the fact that they messed up the tally marks.
By the looks of it they've genuinely been asking people to do the coin toss and marking it up then and there.

Although that raises a question that I've wondered about for a while; when they make Booker do the coin toss in the game, are they recording his guess or the actual result of the flipped coin?

Oh, that makes sense.

They were recording the result of the toss.

james.sponge said:
Yes, they were which is why they seemed to complete each other so well. We need more characters like this :D
The closest thing we have right now is FitzSimmons; not quite the same, I know, but characters like the Luteces don't happen twice.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I don't remember Raven from the Teen Titans wearing such revealing outfits, but I'm OK with it.