Obama has killed...

knightguy123

May 20, 2009
Caimekaze said:
bernthalbob616 said:
...a fly. And people, such as PETA, have critcised him for it. I don't see what the fuss is about. Flys are annoying little buggers that can carry disease, and serve no visible purpose (if there is one could someone PM me about it).

So what's your opinion?

Also, feel free to add tales to this thread where any sort of group has over-reacted to a trivial event.
No visible purpose!? My good man, flies have a perfectly valuable purpose! They feed frogs!
Now, imagine a life without frogs. Depressing, no? That is the fly's purpose.

Oh, also ecosystem maintanence and stuff. But that's not as important as the frogs.
hey caimekaze this is off topic but where did you get that avatar? i love persona 4

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
Rutawitz said:
its ok to kill people. but not flies says peta
no, thats not what they say, I am really not trying to defend PETA, but people just using blanket statements and not knowing the story here is pretty sad. The way this post is set up by OP is that PETA lost there shit when this happened. They Didn't They jokingly sent him a gift. (Humane Fly Trapper) and the news used this too make people believe that PETA were warning him of some sort of punishment coming.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
What is the point of this thread?
To inform people of an event, I guess. This thread doesn't create much room for actual discussion though, so I don't think it really belongs on a forum.

That said though this is pretty funny, I can already see a parody of this where Obama has terminator vision and locks on to the fly before crushing it.

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
I find it absolutely hilarious that people are so hard-pressed to find any actual faults with Obama that they have to criticize him because he killed a fly. What's next? "Obama uses two-ply toilet paper! He hates the environment!"?

Hilarious.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Oh man, I saw this on The Daily Show today... I live in Britain so we get it a day later... and it was pretty awesome, and the little skit that Jon Sterwart did after was funny too.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Xvito said:
Woah! There aren't many people that can swat flies like that... A mosquito maybe, but a fly...
Why does everyone find swatting a fly to be incredible?

The bugger wasn't even moving. It was staying perfectly still on his arm. I just killed a fly the same way.

Deralix

Apr 15, 2009
InProgress said:
Yes, PeTA members need to find a completely new hobby. If not, lock themselves in a VW Beetle and speed off of a bridge.
And hurt the fishies? MURDERER!

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Xvito said:
Woah! There aren't many people that can swat flies like that... A mosquito maybe, but a fly...

The bugger wasn't even moving. It was staying perfectly still on his arm. I just killed a fly the same way.
Flies are very small and very fast... That's why. There are some people that can do it, but not everyone.

If you to posses the power of fly-swatting, then you are indeed a very lucky man.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
This is simultaneously uproaringly hilarious and utterly silly and pointless. Generally I don't kill something if I know it can't pose a threat/harm me, or be eaten, so I usually won't kill flies (unless they are the biting kind, those suckers can be mean!) Still, I have no problem with this, in fact, why on earth is this in the news? Seriously there was absolutely nothing more newsworthy happening? But I do have to give props to Obama's obvious mad fly-swatting skills. PETA has hit rock bottom. . . and has started to dig.
Breaking news: This just in, President Obama is using a public restroom!

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Haha, I saw that clip on the Daily Show. And the Colbert Report...
Wish I had those reflexes.

And I'm all for animal rights, but christ PETA... You're an embarrassment.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Del-Toro said:
Internet Kraken said:
Obama killed a bug......so what?

What is the point of this thread?
The point is that PETA cares, that is why this thread exists.
Some people are saying that PETA doesn't care and that the media blew this out of proportion.

I'm inclined to believe them, as I have never heard anyone from PETA ***** about killing bugs. Besides, this whole thread just seems to involve people praising Obama for his ability to kill a fly.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Does anyone else find it ironic that at the bottom of the page is a headline saying: "Thousands mourn Iranians killed in protests"....

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Xvito said:

Oh, we're sorry would you like a reward?

This thread is funny, made for a laugh. Take it like that.