Obscure and old games you'd like to see get an HD re-release

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
kyogen said:
Okami
Drakengard 1 and 2 (with new translations and completely uncensored)
Final Fantasy XII
I Second the motion for the Drakengard games, They kept me entertained for many a night through high school..... also the Legacy of Kain series, please? anyone else want it?

WolfLord

Nov 8, 2011
All the old bioware games, just re bought baldur's gate 1 and 2. I would pay wheel barrels of cash for them redone. Timesplitters 1-3 would be a great collection. Still waiting for KOTOR 3, hope that gets made...sometime. "sigh" so many more that I would spend lotso money on.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
As the other guys said, we NEED Timsplitters HD so badly, I just want to finally play it online since I have nobody to play it locally with right now.
Also I would fucking love is someone made a Shadowman HD re-realease with decent voice acting, because that game was awesome, but that's very unlikely because Akklaim doesn't exist any more, I also know quite a lot of people who would be jumping in excitement if someone made an HD re release of Re-Volt, I mean people are STILL playing that game online even though it came out back in 1999, my favourite racer ever.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
None. I play my old PS1 games on my still perfectly working PS2. And from what I've seen, the HD remakes look exactly the same, except not stretched on an HDTV. I'd rather see them get remade.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
Dwarf Fortress certainly deserves a HD release - can't really say re-release considering it's still in beta. But yeah it's graphics were revolutionary for the time, seeing them in HD would blow my mind.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Dwarf Fortress would be epic if there was graphics, let alone HD graphics.

Or Pong, seriously why isn't this shit in HD by now?

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
Well, PS3 owners still need the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection.
It would finally complete the HD Compilation of the legendary platformer trio from the PS2 era

Can you wait 5 day it come out on 2/12/12.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Cocoron and Little Samson, made by the dude that did the original Ghosts and Goblins.

The mandatory brentalfloss song for Ghosts and Goblins.
Link if it doesn't work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEuuj8EL3tE

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Master of Magic, the gameplay is pretty much perfect but it looks ugly now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPykHcgWONA

Also Grim Fandango but they wouldn't even need to remake it, just publish it so it can be bought by people who missed it.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Legends of the Dragoon
Half Life (opposing force and blue shift as well)
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
As a rough rule, I can still handle anything from about 1997 onwards. Games like Fallout, Thief, Metal Gear Solid 1, Silent Hill 1 (graphics aged terribly here), and Grim Fandango (though the controls are a pain in the ass) are all OK. And I like playing them as they were.

Prior to that though, it gets tough. Games like X-Com, the original Syndicate, Ultima Underworld, Ultima VII (and I suppose the earlier ones), the early Alone in the Dark games, and the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games are not very welcoming to me these days. I'd like to see those upgraded to be a little less harsh on the eyes so I'd be more inclined to try them out (or in the case of X-Wing and TIE Fighter, play again).

Necroid_Neko

Nov 24, 2011
Final Fantasy VII, Neverwinter Nights, Dungeon Siege 1, although I'd like to see improved graphics rather than just HD...or maybe it's the same thing, I'm not up to date on my re-release terminology

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Total Annihilation; the only thing (besides the occasionally hilariously odd AI) that belies its age is the graphics; all the other features are good/modern.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Silver, a pretty good RPG with fun combat mechanics :) and totally amazing monk character!

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Sleekgiant said:
Klonoa needs an HD release, and with the collection maybe get Klonoa 3, also have it on PC as well as consoles.
need this so bad.... My ps1 version is dying

FF7,9
Medievil 1 and 2
and conkers

Bloodastral

Sep 3, 2010
Magic Carpet. I have fond memories of the floaty carpet mage fireballing game. Magic Carpet 2 wasn't as good and this game even had 3D, impressive for back in the day. It was also the first game written specificaly for the new Pentium computer.