Obsidian Admits it Has a Bug Problem

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Well, I have never played an Obsidian game I liked, so bugs or not, it really won't make a difference for me. I didn't like Neverwinter Nights 2 or New Vegas (I prefer Bethesda's approach to rpgs)

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
HankMan said:
Obsidian has has more bugs than Sony has pirated accounts
Daystar Clarion said:

Obsidian has a bug problem!
Water is wet!
And the sun is hot!

More at eleven.
You're a little slow
bro
Wow... That response couldn't have been any better.

Serious props to you O.O

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
zehydra said:
Well, I have never played an Obsidian game I liked, so bugs or not, it really won't make a difference for me. I didn't like Neverwinter Nights 2 or New Vegas (I prefer Bethesda's approach to rpgs)
Ah, I bet you're unaware that Bethesda developed Fallout 3, although it's pretty much the same as New Vegas, albeit less buggy and with a better setting.

Feb 13, 2008
Up next: Blizzard likes sequels, Popcap like money and Valve are sometimes late.

If you wished something wasn't that glitchy, how about you tested it?

Verrenxnon

Nov 17, 2009
"NEARLY bug-free." Way to reach for the stars, Obsidian.

What, exactly, is Obsidian's recurring problem? An inability to meet deadlines or inexperience with someone else's software?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
lobster1077 said:
zehydra said:
Ah, I bet you're unaware that Bethesda developed Fallout 3, although it's pretty much the same as New Vegas, albeit less buggy and with a better setting.
No I like Fallout 3. I didn't like what Obsidian did with it.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
zehydra said:
lobster1077 said:
zehydra said:
No I like Fallout 3. I didn't like what Obsidian did with it.
Didn't like what they did with it? What they "did" was make it a proper sequel to Fallout 2.

Apr 28, 2008
Obsidian, if Dungeon Siege 3 doesn't have much bugs, I'll buy it twice.

I'm not even looking forward to it or interested it, but if you can release a bug-free game, then I'll buy it.

happyelf

Feb 24, 2010
I'd rather a few bugs than trash like da2, and since it comes budget either way, that's the choice to be had, assuming you want to play something other than the witcher at some point.

Megahedron

Aug 27, 2010
Well, the only Obsidian games I've played are KOTOR II, Alpha Protocol, and New Vegas, so I'd have to guess if they make a non buggy game it will probably dethrone Morrowind from the top of my list of most time on a game. Give the guys who make New Vegas and KOTOR II an unrestrictive time limit... Just imagine how good the companion characters' subplots and personalities will be.

Summary: I. love. Obsidian. For some reason.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
KingofallCosmos said:
It's not just the bugs, the many variations in gameplay make the games a bit schizofrenic. Can't help but laugh when Mike Thornton is being "suave" one minute and pouring bleach down someone's throat the next.
It's hardly Obsidian's fault if you play an inconsistent Thorton. Although it could be argued that, since any person interacts with different people in different ways, acting suave towards one person and being aggressive towards another isn't unusual.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
KingofallCosmos said:
It's not just the bugs, the many variations in gameplay make the games a bit schizofrenic. Can't help but laugh when Mike Thornton is being "suave" one minute and pouring bleach down someone's throat the next.
He is if you'll command him to do so. The same thing could be said about Paragon Shepard suddenly hitting someone in the face via Renegade QTE. It's just called choice, and Obsidian, along with CD Projekt, are masters of choice in games (just look at the staggering amount of things that can happen or be said in Alpha Protocol).

Anyway, I think I am a happy member of Obsidian Appreciation Club, because I played KotOR II, Alpha Protocol and New Vegas without encountering any single bug. Okay, KotOR II froze on me. Once. Still, it's good to know, that they acknowledge their problems, and they are trying to fix them I'm rooting for you Obsidian! I hope that DS 3 will be an amazing game, so you'll go further than quarterfinal in March Mayhem next year.

blacon

Mar 19, 2010
Glad to see them owning up. Nothing worse than hearing people blame their mistakes on others.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
If they admit they made a mistake, why don't they fix it and provide some patches for New Vegas?

"Yes, we are deeply apologetic that our oil spill has ruined the Gulf of Mexico. It has ruined lives, businesses, and endangered many species of birds, and we take full responsibility. However, we're not going to do anything to clean it up; just make sure our next tankers don't spill quite so horribly."