Ocarina of Time/ Favorite Zelda Game

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
I enjoyed A Link to the Past(SNES/GBA) and Link's Awakening(GB) enough to beat them multiple times. Awakening is probably my favorite out of all of them. I would also recommend Phantom Hourglass. The only thing I didn't like was the revisited temple between real dungeons.

Spirit Tracks was okay but I got stuck on one of the songs because of how it's played. Skipping a note was evil since you can't slide and it detected my breath from the last note as I was changing(so the game registered it as sliding which is a no-no).

Wind Waker would probably get my recommendation if it wasn't for the LARGE amount of sailing required of you, and the Puppet Ganon fight (the centipede to be precise).

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
If you plan on getting a 3DS I highly suggest picking Ocarina Of Time up as it's probably one of the best games the 3DS has to offer at the moment. And no, I can't say it's the best Zelda title in a technical sense but it was the branch that all Zelda titles afterwards decided to sprout leaves from. WindWaker is pretty amazing as well.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I'm actually playing Ocarina on 3DS right now. It was fantastic then and it's still worth playing now. The 3DS version also does A LOT to make it more accessible and appealing to those who haven't played the original, so I strongly suggest giving it a go. I see it as the "archetypal" 3D Zelda game.

It is, however, not my favourite. That honour goes to Majora's Mask for being so damn unique, even with the reused OoT assets. It's also the first Zelda game I ever played and the first fantasy/rpg/action rpg I ever played, so I'm probably a bit biased.

Wind Waker is a close second for being incredibly fluid and aesthetically brilliant.
Jazoni89 said:
Oh Ma Gawd, burn it with fire!
Redundant statement is redundant.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
My favorites are A Link to the Past, and Link's awakening, on SNES and Gameboy respectively. After that I would say it's Windwaker, then Ocarina of Time. I can't judge Twilight Princess because I just got it recently and haven't finished it, or Majora's Mask because I never played it. I really never liked Ocarina that much, and I've stated my reasons why before. In a deku shell: Too much promised that wasn't delivered, stiff controls and a crap camera.