Odd Selling Points

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Das Boot said:
Rawne1980 said:
Saints Row 3.

I'd been looking at it for a while and then saw a clip.

3 words....

Burt fucking Reynolds.

I was instantly sold on that game.
Wait, wait, wait, are you fucking kidding me? Its mother fucking Burt Reynolds in Saints Row 3? Why the fuck did nobody tell me this sooner? God dam it all mother fucking shit now I have to go out and buy that fucking game.
Yeah you can get him as a companion and the car he drives around in looks frucking amazing if I remember correctly.

Razoack

Jan 26, 2012
All the guest acting in Command and Conquer Red Alert 3. Didn't think Ric Flair would lend his voice and record videos for an RTS game.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
For pre-owned games (pre PS2 era) I'll pretty much always buy it if it has the original packaging. This isn't such a big deal for PSX games so consider this a blanket statement for Nintendo games from the N64 and back. I just got Predator on the NES because it was complete after all (also watching it on Challenge Monday made it seem like a must-buy).

As for current games...games that are generally looked down on make me take a second glance at them. Other M was one that I got new for a good price and even though people bitched about it when it was new, I'm having a lot of fun with it now (between Predator and, Mystic Quest that is)

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
Two things have me wanting to buy Guild Wars.
1. No dedicated healers... seriously, it just sounds entreating even when you think of the downsides
2. Charter story progression, it has always been a uninitiated part of many of my charters.

Overall i thin the oddest is Coors, the whole "Our beer is cold!" is just fucking stupid all things i put in the fridge are cold. An Iced tea company does this as well it make me want to not get their product because if the best thing about is is being cold it MUST be shit.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
My dream is to one day run into a three-headed giant in a game voiced by Tim Curry, Patrick Stewart, and John Cleese.
As an aspiring game designer, I SO need to make a game involving that now...

OT: Don't think I've ever bought anything because I heard of a specifically odd selling point... though that's not to say I haven't played bloody weird games... Not that I can remember the name of half of them nowadays >.<

Beardly

Jan 19, 2010
Def Jam: Fight for New York has Henry Rollins and Flavor Flav in it.

Seriously. That is a thing that happened.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
dogstile said:
http://scpcb.wordpress.com/ This wonderful game right here, while it costs nothing, I wasn't going to play.

Then I realised it had a blink meter. A fucking blink meter. God damn, worth it.
I just watched the trailer! Thats awesome! Now im going to want blinking in all my games