Of all the ´´big´´ publishers which one do you like/love/tolerate the most?

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
Supertegwyn said:
Bioware, EA, Valve, and Ubisoft. They all get too much hate.
I agree that the first three get too much hate but the last deserves the combined hate of the first three.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
EA for me.

Reviewing my game collection most of titles are published by EA and I have enjoyed every single game that I have played (haven't played DA2 so it doesn't count).

Then Zenimax, ubisoft, MS, etc. Sadly Valve for me doesn't rank high because all I have is orange box and portal 2. Dont PC game (except strategy) so I have had very little dealings with them AS A PUBLISHER. Developer however they would be near the top!

my brain hurts now... Publishers developers its all too much

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Inb4 Val-

Every Escapist ever said:
Oh, you assholes. We only really need to hear it once, because we all have that thought.

Umm, I really like Valve, obviously, but Square (as a publisher as well as a dev) and Sony are up there too.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Valve, I had a grudge with them back in the day because they seemed to always be in direct competition with ID. But now they seem to be the only video game producer/publisher that treats their customers and products with respect.

Mxrz

Jul 12, 2010
SCE. The internet loves to hate on them, but they have done right by me since 1995. So 16 years is a long time without a disappointment or annoyance. Their first party developers and games have been some of the my favorites lately too. Bethesda / Zeni too, Daggerfall wee!

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
Valve. The only company I consistantly see excellent results from in terms of gaming, whereas alot of other companies games tend to vary in quality.

Although most of the time, I'm not looking at the game in terms of those annoying logos of companies, I'm looking if the game is something I'd like. (Demos/Screenshots/Good story/Good engine/etc).

But, put me infront of two blanked game boxes, one from Valve, one from another company, I'm going to pick the valve one.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Valve and THQ. THQ has not really done anything bad - yet, but they have not really done anything wrong.

Bihac

Nov 25, 2009
2K Games they seem to take more risks in what they publish as in... it's not entirely generic all the time. (Pirates, Bioshock, Boarderlands)
Ubisoft (but I don't play any of their games on PC).

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Atlus.

I like that they bring a lot of games over here and take risks. They brought over Demon's Souls, they were the first to bring over Guilty Gear on the PSX, and they're bringing over KOF XIII. Plus, Persona and Trauma Center.

I dunno how "big" they are, but I like that they gamble every now and then.