Offensive Gamertags? What are you trying to do? Get attention?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
kidwithxboxlive said:
m meerly pointing out that theres is a possibility that ducks can be dislexic
Yes, we get it, he's an idiot. You can stop now. It's starting to get annoying.

VelvetHorror

Oct 22, 2010
The dyslexic person is an idiot. The other people only agreed with him because they are his friend, not because he's right. I think the gamertag was witty, and rolls off the tongue nicely. It's better than all the Optic_Rag3_69 gamertags out there.

Should he rightfully have to change his gamertag? No, of course not. Should he? Yes. Life isn't fair, and you should want to be liked, for better or for worse. It's like when you're growing up and you're told to be who you are and don't try to change yourself to try to fit in. If you don't try to fit in, you end up wearing neon green short shorts and frilly pirate shirts. People want to naturally change themselves to fit in and be liked. Some individuality is nice, but if it negatively affects your life in a major way like making your peers want to hurt you, it would be best to change yourself to be liked. It's sad, but it's true.

Gamertags should be witty and interesting. I mean, when I first created a xbox live account, I used the gamertag Jiggly Breasts since I played Halo 3 a lot. I thought it would be funny to have the kill feed read "Jiggly Breasts beat you down" or "You Splattered Jiggly Breasts". Sadly, eventually I guess I was reported and was forced to change my gamertag to something else. It was probably from one of the many nerds that thought I was a chick and tried flirting with me. I guess telling them I had a penis had its consequences.

Twuk

Dec 18, 2010
kidwithxboxlive said:
Twuk said:
You're worried about getting jumped by people you met on XBL? :/
No, My friends goes to my school. Another kid goes to the same school. MY friend somehow pissed off this kid (read the first post) and this kid threatens him. My friend, (being my friend) gets help from me and i try to make the peace.

Sam Eskenazi said:
Jesus mate, how old are your friends?
The dyslexic is about 14.
He wouldn't kick the shit out of you but his friends are like brick shit houses...
Damn, you kids take dyslexics and gamertags seriously.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Oh for fuck's sake.

It's obviously just light-hearted humour, and if he's the guys damn friend he obviously isn't harbouring any sinister thoughts against dyslexics.

The guy who overreacted like this is doing the real disservice to dyslexics across the world, as he essentially is representing them in this situation, and he's acting like an idiot.

Hazz_11

May 10, 2009
Im dyslexic too and Im not a duck so this does not bother me this other friend is a fool tell an adult =D

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I have Aspergers. Do I feel upset when someone says the word "retarded"? Yes. Do I beat the shit out of them for saying it? No, because, unfortunately, its the word of the generation, along with "Gay". Mister Dyslexic is an over-reacting drama-queen, who, one day, will over-react at the wrong person, and have his "Dyslexic" teeth, punched out. Such is life, unfortunately.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Aby_Z said:
kidwithxboxlive said:
Aby_Z said:
Your dyslexic friend is an idiot to get worked up over simple alliteration.
It's not just him. He has arranged other friends ti beat the shit out of my mate with the gamer-tag. Also, people are not going to talk to him.
So you're surrounded by easily offended idiots. Turn it back around and bring in an adult.
They're not idiots just because one person feels offended, it's a bit idiotic to call some an idiot because they feel offended by something.

It seems like your dyslexic friend (friend A) has quite a few friends to beat up the other guy (friend B) so it seems if A has so many people who agree with him to such an extent they will inflict pain on B, then their isn't much you can really do about it. I personally don't think it was that big of a deal, but then I'm not dyslexic so I don't see it from A's point of you, but I certainly get pissed off at school when people call me a Wog or a Guido so maybe I would get angry if i was dyslexic.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
your friend should change his gamertag to RetardedRabbit. If DyslexicDuck got him going then that should really piss him off.

robotam

Jun 7, 2010
The reason the dsylexic friend finds it offensive is probably because he is misreading it and thinks that it says "dyslexics suck".
I'm kidding, but I really don't see anything wrong with the tag. The only thing that might be offensive is that the guy with the gamertag isn't dyslexic and it could be seen as him pretending to be dyslexic. The only way to test this theory is to ask a duck if they are offended.

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
Hey, Dyslexics are Teople poo

ok that was a bad joke but really unless this guy is also a duck i really don't see the problem, dyslexia is a fact of life, to claim that a duck is dyslexic is stupid i suppose but not really offensive, in fact even if he was a duck i don't see why it would be offensive, i suggest you ask this fellow if he is having wild mood swings aswell as taking offence to insignificant things, if he is he is probably just menstruating, he'll be fine in a few days.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Dimensional Vortex said:
They're not idiots just because one person feels offended, it's a bit idiotic to call some an idiot because they feel offended by something.
id·i·ot noun \ˈi-dē-ət\
Definition of IDIOT

1: usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2: a foolish or stupid person

The person in question is being very foolish and/or stupid. Thus, an idiot. If you'll look through the OP's other example which I replied to 6 posts above your own, you'll see more blatant idiocy. Nice try though.

Man, I'm using the fuck out of the online dictionary today...

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Really? That's kind of pathetic.
I've had AgnosticAnt come up on the fucking "Segesions" page, I'm sure thats more offenceive.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
kidwithxboxlive said:
Aby_Z said:
Your dyslexic friend is an idiot to get worked up over simple alliteration.
It's not just him. He has arranged other friends ti beat the shit out of my mate with the gamer-tag. Also, people are not going to talk to him.
If a friend of yours wants to beat up another friend of yours, then the first friend isn't your friend. That make sense? :p

Seriously though, dump the guy. He's an idiot, a criminal and clearly doesn't have much respect for you.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Your friend is a drama queen. Seriously, it's not that big a deal. You shouldn't have caved to his cries for attention, when you show people that they can get away with ridiculous stuff like that, they do it again.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
What the hell? I'm dyslexic and I honestly have no idea how anyone could be offended by that gamer tag. It's actually pretty cute. I like it.

Now, if the gamer tag were 'RetardedDuck' then maybe they would have cause to be offended, but dyslexic?

This offended friend of yours is either emotionally unstable or an attention whore. Maybe both.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Your dyslexic friend is a moron.
No offense to him [small]OR ALL DYSLEXIC CROWD IN THE WORLD [/small].

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
Tell your friend to walk backwards and fall up a hole, joking but ya thats kinda a silly thing to get angry about.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Since your two friends on the opposite side of the issue are at a clear stalemate, the obvious thing to do would be to allow this to escalate.
Similarly, let's jump on the dyslexitard instead of telling Edgey Eric that if a "friend" takes offense at his gamertag, the correct thing to do is try coming to an agreement instead of planting his feet and saying "BUT I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNA!!!" I keep forgetting this message board is overrun with 15 year olds who cry freedom-of-speech at the drop of a hat.