Official Says GTA V District Could Ruin Reputation of Real Town

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Have we all forgotten the game Rainbow Six: Vegas, and the devastation that its staging of a terrorist situation within real city of Las Vegas had on the local tourism industry? Anyone? Of course it's a rhetorical question because how could you not? We all know that Las Vegas is now a festering, desolate wasteland due to the game presenting, as well as perpetuating, the idea that a trip to Las Vegas would result in you being taken hostage. Tourism bottomed out and the economy was hit with a wrecking ball rode by Miley Cyrus. Businesses fled, and the once luxurious hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues are now home to eyesores on the Nevada landscape. I won't even talk about the devastation wrought on the city of Dubai by the game "Spec Ops: The Line." This isnt correlation, people. There is a clear, undeniable link between a city's prosperity and the manner in which it is depicted in video games. Next up, the clear link between video games and violence. But first, your local Fox News.

Edit: Sarcasm, btw

Dante dynamite

Mar 19, 2012
Denamic said:
Dante dynamite said:
This reminds me of a the time a town called Batman (no seriously its in Turkey) wanted to sue Christopher Nolan
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/11/turkish-town-batman-sues-christopher-nolan.html
According to wikipedia, the town was renamed into Batman in 1957. With the character Batman appearing as early as 1939, I'm pretty sure they don't really have much of a case. Not that they would anyway.
Yeah I know that just made it funnier but the story is old nothing happened and Christopher Nolan released 2 more movies but how funny would it be if they changed it to the Dark Knight because of that oh man that would be rich.

the spaciest

Jul 20, 2011
My name is Chet, I'm a billionaire philanthropist and I was all set to move to Hawick. I had big plans to transform the lives of everyone there. I was going to share my love and my wealth without prejudice. Thankfully, since playing GTA V, I've learned that the people of Hawick are drug abusing, hipster scum.

I was going to throw my money around and suck everyone's dick/vulva, but games never lie - the truth is out. No dicky/vulva sucks for you guys in Hawick. I'm going to suck elsewhere thank you.

Chet