Not open for further replies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, we already got Jack Packard so maybe the rest of RLM?
Yeah, I do not want red letter media reviewing on this site. I hate their freaking guts. They can bring back the guy from good bad flicks. I am still subscribed to his YouTube page. Guy still does content.

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
It seems different this time around. The last time his contract wasn't renewed Bob made it clear he was very bitter about it, and the Escapist keeping the right to his shows implied the feeling was very much mutual. This was a notable difference with Sterling who got to keep the Jimquesition and all related branding. This time Bob seems much more mellow about it and the Escapist allowed him to keep his shows.

Reactions: Trunkage

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Joker movie wasn't anything special. It just came out during a controversial time period and people unleashed their grievances without thinking.
While definitely true, you can blame the news media. As they once again took a movie, game, or piece of fiction, and try to spin it around like it was going to corrupt or destroy people. Trying to turn everyone into scared little animals.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
While definitely true, you can blame the news media. As they once again took a movie, game, or piece of fiction, and try to spin it around like it was going to corrupt or destroy people. Trying to turn everyone into scared little animals.
The gist I got from a lot of the criticism basically just boiled down to "it's not as fucking deep as you think you are movie". I remember Andre from Black Nerd Comedy had a really funny synopsis of it on his review.

I never saw the film, because it just seemed like a joker reskinning of Falling Down to me, and 1. I don't really care for Joker 2. I've seen 'white guy with mental problems snaps and kills people in a delusional self-justified murder spree" like a dozen times, so I didn't really have any desire to see it.

And considering the reviews, it seems that was fairly accurate, that it's ultimate "point" was something that pretty much everyone in the world, who has...you know...lived in it for any reasonable time, is like "no shit, life sucks, people are assholes."

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The gist I got from a lot of the criticism basically just boiled down to "it's not as fucking deep as you think you are movie". I remember Andre from Black Nerd Comedy had a really funny synopsis of it on his review.

I never saw the film, because it just seemed like a joker reskinning of Falling Down to me, and 1. I don't really care for Joker 2. I've seen 'white guy with mental problems snaps and kills people in a delusional self-justified murder spree" like a dozen times, so I didn't really have any desire to see it.

And considering the reviews, it seems that was fairly accurate, that it's ultimate "point" was something that pretty much everyone in the world, who has...you know...lived in it for any reasonable time, is like "no shit, life sucks, people are assholes."
While overhyped in marketing and "controversy", I found it good. Not something I will watch every day though. The movie is a B for me. I also really like the lighting in this film. Really grabbed me. Still preferred Harley Quinn movie. I will give DC credit for being more creative with the recent output. Even if joker felt like a reskin of King of Comedy, Taxi Driver, and Falling Down.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
While overhyped in marketing and "controversy", I found it good. Not something I will watch every day though. The movie is a B for me. I also really like the lighting in this film. Really grabbed me. Still preferred Harley Quinn movie. I will give DC credit for being more creative with the recent output. Even if joker felt like a reskin of King of Comedy, Taxi Driver, and Falling Down.
Glad you enjoyed it, I just have very low tolerance for stories that glorify and praise mental disorders as some kind of...well in the case of DC actual superpower, and just "embracing your crazy" is the way to true freedom or whatever. I've seen that too much IRL to really be able to disassociate from it, so I avoid those films to keep from getting pissed off.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I'm inventing my own head canon for this dehiring as a direct consequence of praising that terrible Adam Sandler movie recently.
Other than that, it's legit impressive how he seems to have made so many ppl dislike him. I mean, his tastes only make sense like 10% of the time, he's never made me laugh, and appears to say some dumb stuff, but that's like 99.81% of the human population to me. Even then, his influence is superbly insignificant, unlike J.K.Rowling and her terfing all over the recently washed cutlery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baffle

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Oh gods, I remember when he treated his return as pwning his harassers/detractors. While I can understand his feelings spite is not a healthy emotion to carry/reason to conduct one's business. And it doesn't make the spiteful look mature.
To me he's always come across as aggressive and spiteful. Never struck me as a level person or a professional critic. He's limited by a very thin range of interests, is extremely vocal about it, basically attacks anyone for it, wouldn't trust his opinion on the weather as anything but confirmation bias.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I'm tired of real life and movies having white guys taking revenge against society. Where are all the disenfranchised minorities? It would be a great change of pace to see movies and news having minorities go on a shooting spree against society. We need diversity and inclusiveness.

Reactions: CaitSeith

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm inventing my own head canon for this dehiring as a direct consequence of praising that terrible Adam Sandler movie recently.
Other than that, it's legit impressive how he seems to have made so many ppl dislike him. I mean, his tastes only make sense like 10% of the time, he's never made me laugh, and appears to saysl some dumb stuff, but that's like 99.81% of the human population to me. Even then, his influence is superbly insignificant, unlike J.K.Rowling and her terfing all over the recently washed cutlery.
Bob has been a mocking figure of the internet for a long time. That's what happens when you start disturbing The hornet's nest. In his early days he was just independent on YouTube, but he did get a job from Screwattack for a while .The problem was is that he actually cheated to get into the My Vids Don't Duck contest. I don't know the full details, so you have to look into that. That's part of the problem, most people don't even remember or know that. Then he got his job at The escapist and then he started being everywhere on the channel. He had at least two shows on there, three when you take into account the round table he did with Extra credits, Jim, and Yahtzee at the time. You could still avoid him, but he was in certain corners people didn't want him being in. The fact that he constantly wangst about certain things that are not that big a deal, or has this loud and proud and I am better than you attitude clearly was not helping. The whole you're with me or against me while claiming to be the good guy, so full of freaking delusions. Can you blame others for hating on him? That's why I quit and left. Got sick of his shit.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Glad you enjoyed it, I just have very low tolerance for stories that glorify and praise mental disorders as some kind of...well in the case of DC actual superpower, and just "embracing your crazy" is the way to true freedom or whatever. I've seen that too much IRL to really be able to disassociate from it, so I avoid those films to keep from getting pissed off.
I wonder when you people will learn that protagonist does not mean hero.

I'm tired of real life and movies having white guys taking revenge against society. Where are all the disenfranchised minorities? It would be a great change of pace to see movies and news having minorities go on a shooting spree against society. We need diversity and inclusiveness.
Sarcasm?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Bob has been a mocking figure of the internet for a long time. That's what happens when you start disturbing The hornet's nest. In his early days he was just independent on YouTube, but he did get a job from Screwattack for a while .The problem was is that he actually cheated to get into the My Vids Don't Duck contest. I don't know the full details, so you have to look into that. That's part of the problem, most people don't even remember or know that. Then he got his job at The escapist and then he started being everywhere on the channel. He had at least two shows on there, three when you take into account the round table he did with Extra credits, Jim, and Yahtzee at the time. You could still avoid him, but he was in certain corners people didn't want him being in. The fact that he constantly wangst about certain things that are not that big a deal, or has this loud and proud and I am better than you attitude clearly was not helping. The whole you're with me or against me while claiming to be the good guy, so full of freaking delusions. Can you blame others for hating on him? That's why I quit and left. Got sick of his shit.
Ah, you quoted me before i could correct my terrible typos, darn it! Nevertheless, i appreciate the explanation for providing context somewhat, thankyou. I certainly don't blame anyone for having emotions, for sure no-one can choose what annoys them from others, and he has definitely said things that made my eyes roll on occasion. I just find it a curiosity mainly, the almost unanimous reactions.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I've literally never seen a single thing MovieBob has ever done and I wouldn't recognise him if I walked right past him.

I do not feel like I've missed anything important.
He looks a bit like my old boss, but that probably doesn't shed much light on it for you.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I gotta ask, why did you go anywhere near his Twitter?
Because he was the first person that came to mind that was on our site/forums and in a position of some form of power or presence that acted rather rudely to its users and other people. So I went to his Twitter to see if he'd be a suitable example for my point

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
"Cancer Man"
Now that you say it, what with all the deconstructions of comic book narratives we've had over the years that we haven't had a Cancer Man yet; Mild mannered Clark Smithson, diagnosed with cancer, receives a tainted does of chemo that gives him powers, and now he has one wish: to rid his city of crime!

Status
Not open for further replies.