Oh if only I had a Tattoo..

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I promised a friend I would get one that said Hope for her fight against MS.

In the future I will probably get more done, but I don't want to get something I will regret.

MoonPenguin

Aug 4, 2004
AjimboB said:
Aeriath said:
I really can't imagine myself getting a tattoo, as I like my skin as is. They can look good on others, but it's a bit of a risk.

If I had to get one, I'd get something functional. Probably my Blood Type on my wrist or something similar. Unimaginative I know, but I can't see any reason that I'd ever regret getting my Blood Type tattooed.
Aren't you not allowed to be a blood donor if you have a tattoo?
You can't donate for 6 months, if I'm not mistaken.

tricky_tree

Jan 10, 2010
I have 'Per Aspera Ad Astra' (Through the Hardships to the Stars) on my left shoulder. Didn't really feel it. They are addictive however, if I had my way I'd have so many phrases on me I'd look like the guy from memento.
At the moment I'm looking at getting a half-sleeve on my right arm, no idea what though.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I would never, EVAR, mutilate my body with a tattoo. Ever!

...but if I were to get a tattoo, there's this odd 5-pt star shape that keeps showing up on my left hand in my dreams. I'd make it a reality.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
AjimboB said:
Aeriath said:
I really can't imagine myself getting a tattoo, as I like my skin as is. They can look good on others, but it's a bit of a risk.

If I had to get one, I'd get something functional. Probably my Blood Type on my wrist or something similar. Unimaginative I know, but I can't see any reason that I'd ever regret getting my Blood Type tattooed.
You are allowed again 6 months after getting the tattoo in the UK, not sure about anywhere else. Besides, as I said I'd only get a tattoo if I had to.

MoonPenguin said:
AjimboB said:
Aeriath said:

You can't donate for 6 months, if I'm not mistaken.
It appears I've been ninja'd by several hours.

Anthropaphagi

May 6, 2010
I had wanted tattoos since I was a very little girl. I have no idea what the fascination was or is. TBH, I don't have much done, but that had more to do with my tattoo artist having to retire and me having to avoid the area I intended to tattoo due to surgery. I've found another artists recently and will be booking an appointment with him soon, as I've got some more work i want done.

I tend to stick to Giger's artwork, as he is my favorite artist. But there is an idea worming its way around in my head for something different. I just have to get it far away from the Giger work cuz I don't like 'clashing' tattoos. I'm very picky about location/color scheme/style and symmetry, etc.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I still have a few years until I can get it done legally, so I have time to live with my idea and hope I won't regret it. Anyway I'd probably use something I drew myself. People say my drawings look like tattoo art anyway. Which isn't a good thing. I also would like something personal and unobtrusive, like 'IX' which is the number nine; it'd be significant to no one but me.

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
I would get max from where the wild things are.
and maybe a hyrule symbol.

Ishamel

Jan 12, 2010
Everyone seems to like hyrule symbols!
To my mind a tat should be unique to yourself, even if it looks tacky to other people (like the penguins someone posted, not my thing but hey at least you thought of something original.)

I want to get the phrase 'Heofon rece swealg' which means 'heaven swallowed the smoke' in Old English runes on my leg. I'd never have a tat in a language that other people could understand, and I'd never get one in a language I couldn't understand (I've been studying Anglo-Saxon at uni.) that way you have the mystery of the characters, without the risk of it saying 'i'm a dickhead' because the artist has a sense of humour.

I'm not worried about it looking odd when I get old/pregnant; runes are designed to be readable after 1,000 years of weathering on rocks, so if anything when I'm wrinkled it'll be more authentic.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
I've had my first tattoo booked for a while now, June the 19th. Maybe I'll post a picture when it's done. Probably not, since theres a large vocal anti-tattoo collective here who will just say it looks terrible and I don't need that.

Elle-Jai

Mar 26, 2010
I have a coloured rosebud on my right wrist, with the initial A, on my left wrist I have the outline of an Ivy leaf with the initial M.

My left ankle has an Egyptian Ankh (black) and the right ankle a Christian fish in blue.

All of these mean something to me, whether that's a reminder of where I have come from, or merely something that provides me with comfort and "protection". They can all be covered if necessary, and I do plan to get more, but I need to work out where first...

They don't hurt all THAT much, just don't do what I did and forget you can't submerge them in water for a few weeks and take a bath :S I almost had a heart attack when I realised what I was doing lol.

MoonPenguin

Aug 4, 2004
Frequen-Z said:
I've had my first tattoo booked for a while now, June the 19th. Maybe I'll post a picture when it's done. Probably not, since theres a large vocal anti-tattoo collective here who will just say it looks terrible and I don't need that.
Who cares what they think. If you're getting a tattoo to please others, you're not doing it for the right reasons. Likewise, if you are concerned about what people will think, you probably shouldn't get one.

Go ahead and post it once you get it. Fresher the better :)