Oh my god, it's...! (Voice Acting)

Manoose47

Dec 8, 2010
what about Kevin Michael richardson; the voice of the delightful Jolee bindo in Knights of the old republic, and also the voice of the mass murdering psychopath Sarevok in Baldurs Gate... and who can forget... YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724656/

Nothing Tra La La

Feb 10, 2010
Well realizing that Medic (TF2) and Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) shared a VA was pretty cool. Same with Kimberly Brooks: I knew her first from Fatal Frame 3, and when I heard her as both Shinobu (NMH) and Ash (Mass Effect), I was stoked. Such a great voice!

Also, I happened to be watching Young Justice when I noticed that Queen B was voiced by Matriarch Benezia from ME1. I could listen to her read me a phonebook.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, well I got one for you. You know the old Taco Bell dog? That's the same va as the original Spyro.

A quick look also makes him out to be the waterbenders in that swamp from Avatar the Last Airbender, Ace from Kids Next Door. Crocker, his mom, the mayor, and juandissimo from Oddparents. that dude with the megaphone and Korra's father from Legend of Korra. tons of junk from various scooby doo shows. The goofy goober anouncer in that spongebob movie. and Rocko from Rocko's modern life. And these are just the ones I care to list XD
Gabanuka said:
How would you feel if there was a video of Grey DeLisle using her Azula voice as a sexy vampire?

For some reason, that doesn't bother me at all, and seems oddly appropriate...

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Vault101 said:
Ironman126 said:
Vrex360 said:
Also I gotta mention I was amazed that the voice actress for Ashley Williams in Mass Effect is also the voice of Oracle in the Batman Arkham games.
She's also one of the voice options for the female protagonist in Saints Row 2. Oddly enough, the only one that I didn't want to brain after listening to for three seconds.
whoa really?...is she the "white" one? (theres a "black" ond and a "latino" one) because I played the white one(default 1) and didnt even notice..
Aye, she is indeed. At least, I'm 98% sure that's her.

CAPTCHA: absent without leave. No, I'm actually on break now, shows what you know.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Renegade Shepard said:
I remember playing Mass Effect and going "Is that me?"
You sir just won an internet.

Congradulations, Mr. Shepard.

P.S. Sorry about the ending.

OT:

Max von Sydow, 'nuff said.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
NewYork_Comedian said:
Lemme get dis strait. Nobody has yet to mention that this guy

is voiced by the same person (Joe DiMaggio) that voices this guy?

I am actually shocked that I was the one who had to mention this.
Damn ninja'd :p

I too was shocked when GoW 1 was debuted and I heard Cliffy B say "Joe DiMaggio", I actually just started laughing.

Sep 14, 2009
Renegade Shepard said:
I remember playing Mass Effect and going "Is that me?"
okay i lol'd hard at this.

very good post there, I could swear you made your name just for this thread.

neonsword13-ops said:
Palademon said:
For me it mostly goes:

"Fuck, it's Yuri Lowenthal again."
It's "Johnny Yong Bosch again" for me. But he did the protagonist and antagonist in Persona 4 so I'll let him slide for now.

OT: I beat Disgaea 3 this weekend, and I had a whole slew of voices I recognized.

Mao - Vic Mignogna
Geoffrey - Dave Wittenberg
Raspberyl - Laura Bailey
Mr. Champloo - Nolan North (Say what you wish about the man, but he did a great job as the wise home ec. teacher.)
Almaz - (Again) Johnny Yong Bosch
not that there is anything wrong with it, but you must watch a shit ton of dubbed anime if you hear him alot. (i used to love him in power rangers, but haven't heard him much personally since then, i tend to watch most anime in japanese outside of DBZ (love dbz's dubbed voices))

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
not that there is anything wrong with it, but you must watch a shit ton of dubbed anime if you hear him alot. (i used to love him in power rangers, but haven't heard him much personally since then, i tend to watch most anime in japanese outside of DBZ (love dbz's dubbed voices))
I prefer my anime to be dubbed, unlink most other people.

Not a big fan of subs, mainly because I don't want to read when I should be watching. But even though I'm not a fan of subs, I will fully agree that Japanese voice acting is far superior then the stuff we have here. The expression is just so much better.

Sep 14, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
gmaverick019 said:
I prefer my anime to be dubbed, unlink most other people.

Not a big fan of subs, mainly because I don't want to read when I should be watching. But even though I'm not a fan of subs, I will fully agree that Japanese voice acting is far superior then the stuff we have here. The expression is just so much better.
i will agree that i prefer it to be dubbed myself (in some cases, there are a few shows where the expression + japanese is needed to convey the scene, thankfully in DBZ it is not, and i prefer their voices so much more.)

Naruto and deathnote are the only ones that I watch in japanese (mostly, because unless i'm not looking in the right spots, everything i find online including netflix tends to be subbed instead of dubbed or even giving you the option for it.)

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
That one vampire guy from the Dark Brotherhood in Oblvion (apparently the character's name is Vicente Valtieri) narrated an audio book I listened to. That was a weird fucking experience.

The_Tron

Jun 8, 2010
One that jumped out recently to me is The male wizard for diablo 3 is voice by Alucard from the anime series Hellsing. Nothing too noteworthy just thought of it cause it was the last time where I was shocked to recognize a voice.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
Andy Shandy said:
Smeggs said:
Andy Shandy said:
I've been playing Peace Walker HD version quite a lot recently, and there was one niggling thing I had up with the game, and that was that I recognised the voice of The Boss, but I had no idea from where.

Then I watched Family Guy and realised that the voice of The Boss (Lori Alan just in case you want to know/don't believe me and want to check) also voices...

(Diane Simmons just in case you were unaware)(She also voices Pearl from Spongebob Squarepants)

And I can't believe I didn't realise it before. So I ask, has this ever happened to anyone else?
You've just toally ruined The Boss for me now.

I'm never going to be able to watch that scene where Snake kills her in Snake Eater without hearing Tom, "Now here's Ollie Williams with the weather."
Let me ruin it for you even more :D The voice of Ollie Williams (Phil La Marr) also voices Vamp in MGS2 and MGS4 - although admittedly the voices are rather different. But it did lead somebody to make this video.

Also Phil La Marr voices hermes in Futurama :3 I just needed to add that

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Most recently I was playing Prototype 2 and immediately recognised Rooks as Mr. Freeze from Arkham City.

Strangely enough, he also does Calculon from Futurama.

Xifel

Nov 28, 2007
Jon Irenicus from Baldurs Gate II also plays the evil boyfriend's butler in Titanic. You know, the guy with the gun...

EDIT: Oh, just remembered. The "Male Voice 1" a.k.a white guy a.k.a Britsh voice for the protagonist in Saints Row 2 is "Mr Sheffield" from Nanny

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
TopazFusion said:
Ahh yeah. These three being voiced by the same guy . . .

Most recently I recognized his voice as the Fire King in that Adventure Time show.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Andy of Comix Inc said:
It happens all the time for me with Steve Blum-voiced characters.
Just heard his voice the other day doing the VO of the GR: Future Soldier trailer.

Shit, double post.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Vault101 said:
Wenseph said:
Anderson from Mass effect is in Requiem for a dream. It was awesome when I recognized him, but it seems he's done quite a few cool characters.
you mean the guy that gets jennifer conoly to...service him? I dont think thats him
Oh, it's definitely him. I have no doubts about it. It's also funny how you knew who I meant, even though I didn't say it.