Oh my god, it's...! (Voice Acting)

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
I've had some moments like these. The one I remember in particular was when I played the first Mass Effect and arrived on Feros and started talking to the people that needed help. One of the colonist (I think it was the one that needed water) had a voice I knew and loathed and it bugged me so much that I couldn't place it. Off to imdb and I found out that the colonist had the same voice of First Citizen Lynette from Fallout 2 and later realized that she also played a significant role in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.

Second was from the Bulletstorm demo from E3 when I was damn sure I had heard the voice actor doing the main character, also did the base commander vo in Company of Heroes, a little searching and I found out the might of Steve Blum.

Also, playing Company of Heroes for a year before playing Mass Effect and then going back to Company of Heroes just to realize that the American sniper troops and Garrus Vakarian share the same voice actor, Brandon Keener. Mind. Blown!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Yeah the MGS games have a lot of voice actors I recognize..

I was shocked when I found out Johnny Yong Bosch does voice acting for games o_O

Yeah, him.
He also does a lot of anime roles as well. He plays Ichigo in Bleach and Vash in Trigun. He also does Lelouch in Code Geass.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I looked at Steven Blum's Wikipedia page and laughed my ass off.

I'm not even going to try and count all of the things he's VA'd in. He's like a voice-whore.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
A guy in an episode of The Boondocks also voiced Captain Price

Also, Timmy Turner is Twilight Sparkle!!

Nothing else that really springs to mind, but I believe I've recognized some voice actors over time.

Captcha: See red

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Bat Vader said:
Sean Hollyman said:
Yeah the MGS games have a lot of voice actors I recognize..

I was shocked when I found out Johnny Yong Bosch does voice acting for games o_O

Yeah, him.
He also does a lot of anime roles as well. He plays Ichigo in Bleach and Vash in Trigun. He also does Lelouch in Code Geass.
he's one of the reason i like dubbed anime

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
When I found out Sean Bean was Martin Semptim, dammit sean why must you always die. Also, Ron Glass, otherwise known as the Shepherd from Firefly, was the voice of Garth on Fable 2.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Nathan Drake (sorry don`t know the real name, only that it`s a pretty overused voice actor) seems to do the leader from Spec Ops-the line. I just played the demo and suddenly i thougt of Uncharted.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
First time I found out about Steve Blum. Also the fact that Jake from Adventure Time is Fenix from GoW.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Well I was surprised when I found out that David Hayter (Solid Snake) voiced Bernie from Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. Seriously, I never would have guessed.

The mission briefing/debriefing guy from Ace Combat 5 (too lazy to look up his name). Recently, I've been hearing him in just about every.

There's also Steve Blum and Yuri Lowenthal but I stopped being surprised when I hear them in everything and now I'm surprised when I don't hear them.

Dominus Nox

Oct 21, 2009
Had a good laugh playing Prototype 2 when, while laying into some random soldiers, I hear Invader Zim start screaming "We're all dooomed, run for your lives, run for your lives."

Viridian

Jan 25, 2012
Amon's lieutenant in The Legend of Korra is also Admiral Hackett of the Alliance.

I flipped my shit.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I was watching a friend of mine play the Diablo 3 beta a few weeks back and recognized the voice of the male Monk class character but could not for the life of me remember where he was from.

After doing some quick Googling I discovered that it was none other than Jamieson Price, who you may remember as Nier from the game Nier.
Damn his voice is cool.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Well when I was a kid, I was floored when I found out Mark Hamill was both Luke Skywalker and The Joker from Batman TAS.

Or that Scott Grimes (ala [a href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eEzNOjrOo5I/TEOQjNgXU_I/AAAAAAAAAMU/6RQBYHt9BPA/s1600/MalarkeyDon8.jpg"]Donald Malarkey, Band of Brothers[/a]) is the voice of [a href="http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110119053930/theamericandad/images/e/ee/Steve_Smith_8232.png"]Steve Smith in American Dad[/a]

Now, though, I think I've developed a keen ear for picking out voices of voice-actors and "professional" actors, alike. Some people like Billy West, Tom Kenny, Jennifer Hale, John DiMaggio, Steve Blum and Phil LaMarr are literally EEEEVVVVVERYWHERE in entertainment, in some way. People always play games like 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon. If you were to do the same for the voice actors listed above, it'd be more like 2-3 Degrees of Separation.