Oh my god... You're THAT stupid?

dont_blink

Jul 27, 2009
McCa said:
Right hello. Yeah. I was in my English lesson today. It was pretty laid back and due to an earlier incident The topic of Racism and homophobia was brought up. The person sitting in front of me went? Homophobia? what's that. (it gets worse) I explained somewhat shocked he didn't know that. Then he preceded to insist it was "wrong" and should be a crime (homosexuality). Of course that bugged me (not gay) so I went to defend against this complete buffoon. My reward? The entire 30 person class of supposed intellectuals yelling me down because I support gay rights. I mean what? They were saying things like "Yeah well I don't want that up there" supposedly assuming every gay person is a rapist. And that it's a choice. A choice? I mean what?

So as for discussion. Can you share similar moments when you are over come by a wave of undefinable levels of stupidity by one of even a group of people?

I'm English and in a rather "normal" area
mmm we had a discussion about gay couples being allowed adopt there the year before last in school, and about half the class said gay couples should not be allowed have children because
1- it's not "normal"
2- the child would get bullied
and the funniest of all
3- the parents might turn the child gay too

i mean... wtf...

Connosaurus Rex

Jul 20, 2009
I'm in all honor with all very smart people so I've never had a moment like that personally but in my old Middle School two very Retarded Seventh graders used Axe to lit another kid on FIRE. I hate anyone from 7-9 grade for the reason they are utter Idiots who are just plain annoying(at least in my area).
As for Homophobia, beside the Extreme extreme extreme jocks no one in my school is homophobic, we live in Massachusetts a very very very liberal state so we're used to Homosexuals, etc. Heck we even let them marry now, one of the very small minority of states that does.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Ganthrinor said:
Hmm....

Oh my god... You'r THAT stupid?

My work here is done.
I don't think many are looking at the black-board. (Or maybe it's just me)

OT: Global warming debate. Everyone against me. They support Al Gore's mind-fuckery, I say it's a load of bollocks (maybe not in those words). Some even said "It might be true that he's tricking us, but that's good, means he's making us do something for the environment." So what? It's okay to trick everyone on the world if it serves a good cause? Truth before everything, I say. We're not kids who need to be scared to actually do something. Oh, wait...

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Evil Jak said:
McCa said:
Evil Jak said:
McCa said:
Right hello. Yeah. I was in my English lesson today. It was pretty laid back and due to an earlier incident The topic of Racism and homophobia was brought up. The person sitting in front of me went? Homophobia? what's that. (it gets worse) I explained somewhat shocked he didn't know that. Then he preceded to insist it was "wrong" and should be a crime (homosexuality). Of course that bugged me (not gay) so I went to defend against this complete buffoon. My reward? The entire 30 person class of supposed intellectuals yelling me down because I support gay rights. I mean what? They were saying things like "Yeah well I don't want that up there" supposedly assuming every gay person is a rapist. And that it's a choice. A choice? I mean what?

So as for discussion. Can you share similar moments when you are over come by a wave of undefinable levels of stupidity by one of even a group of people?

This was in England?

Huh, I would have expected that from an American redneck but not an entire class (minus you of course, what about the teacher... where were they on this issue?) in England... Just goes to show how much damage ignorance is doing among our youth these days.
The teacher; while hardly an advocate of such things as homophobia. Has no control over this class at all.
Get the idiot fired, no one learns anything when the person teaching is as ignorant as the people learning.
To be fair; she isn't a bad teacher. The class is just shite. I'm stuck in their because of until late I had no interest in it; now I have written a fair deal; of not so bad stuff. The class is a bunch of stupid fucks. She did TRY to stop them. But then again she promotes the idea that the CCTV is a Big brother kind of thing. And *flame shield* claims animal testing is unnecessary. And while the last is sort of debatable; she refused to listen to what I was saying and in fact essentially encouraged people to have ago at me.

CrazyHaircut94 said:
Ganthrinor said:
Hmm....

My work here is done.

OT: Global warming debate. Everyone against me. They support Al Gore's mind-fuckery, I say it's a load of bollocks (maybe not in those words). Some even said "It might be true that he's tricking us, but that's good, means he's making us do something for the environment." So what? It's okay to trick everyone on the world if it serves a good cause? Truth before everything, I say. We're not kids who need to be scared to actually do something. Oh, wait...
Wait are you denying the effects of CO2 on the global temperatures? If so they are hardly stupid for agreeing with him, considering it is backed by some of the top minds in the world. Unless there is something apart from that you are referring to, in which case I plead ignorance.

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009
GamingAwesome1 said:
This kind of crap happens regularly in my classroom. Mostly because the avergae IQ of the people in my class is barely above the level you need to function.

One person thought communism was a form of telephone.
Meh, I've dealt with worse. Not only are many of my peers idiots, but many of them are trailer trash idiots. The bullies at my school and the local high school are inbred trailer trash idiots. One of which was stupid enough to smash a DS Lite after stealing it, instead of selling it at a nearby GameStop

Ashhearth

May 26, 2009
Meh... Some people are really stupid but I have some thing that might beat it this came from a friend's little sister and I quote

"I know who Hitler is but I don't know who Adolf Hitler is"

and with that terribly sad quote my work here is done.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Ashhearth said:
Meh... Some people are really stupid but I have some thing that might beat it this came from a friend's little sister and I quote

"I know who Hitler is but I don't know who Adolf Hitler is"

and with that terribly sad quote my work here is done.
Okay. I propose. We shoot stupid people? Any arguments? (This is a joke we don't need any humanitarians biting my arse off)

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
McCa said:
Ganthrinor said:
Hmm....

My work here is done.
Hey look an elitist ass picking up on a slip of the mind of a (mildly) drunk guy fixing a previous slip up of using the wrong "your/you're" and was busy replying to posts. Hey look at him everybody. He is cool. Give it a rest will you? My patience for rude and frankly unhelpful people like yourself is at it's end recently. It was pointed out (in a far less derogative manner) than yours several times before. So essentially you came to this thread for that sole purpose. Making you, a troll. A grammatically correct twice as annoying self righteous troll. So either contribute or shut the hell up.
Someone has gotten their panties in a knot, If this is how you usually react to people yanking on your chain then I can see why everyone in your class shouted you down.

Teh_Lemon

Sep 5, 2008
You mean you're english and live in a relatively republican area, not normal. HUGE difference.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
ma55ter_fett said:
McCa said:
Ganthrinor said:
Hmm....

My work here is done.
Hey look an elitist ass picking up on a slip of the mind of a (mildly) drunk guy fixing a previous slip up of using the wrong "your/you're" and was busy replying to posts. Hey look at him everybody. He is cool. Give it a rest will you? My patience for rude and frankly unhelpful people like yourself is at it's end recently. It was pointed out (in a far less derogative manner) than yours several times before. So essentially you came to this thread for that sole purpose. Making you, a troll. A grammatically correct twice as annoying self righteous troll. So either contribute or shut the hell up.
Someone has gotten their panties in a knot, If this is how you usually react to people yanking on your chain then I can see why everyone in your class shouted you down.
Na I'm actually very patient. I've just had a ridiculously bad day. That's in comparison to the shit-storm of my life the last two months. So I really just can't be bothered. Meh; read my older posts if you don't believe me. They are rather well mannered. Mostly. And the rather drunk thing.

JamesTehWench

Jul 12, 2009
McCa said:

Uhh, about 20 minutes ago i was mistaken for someones 8 year old female daughter, i then saw said daughter, and they looked like a homosexual Jeremy Clarke.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
McCa said:
Evil Jak said:
McCa said:
Evil Jak said:
McCa said:

This was in England?

Huh, I would have expected that from an American redneck but not an entire class (minus you of course, what about the teacher... where were they on this issue?) in England... Just goes to show how much damage ignorance is doing among our youth these days.
The teacher; while hardly an advocate of such things as homophobia. Has no control over this class at all.
Get the idiot fired, no one learns anything when the person teaching is as ignorant as the people learning.
To be fair; she isn't a bad teacher. The class is just shite. I'm stuck in their because of until late I had no interest in it; now I have written a fair deal; of not so bad stuff. The class is a bunch of stupid fucks. She did TRY to stop them. But then again she promotes the idea that the CCTV is a Big brother kind of thing. And *flame shield* claims animal testing is unnecessary. And while the last is sort of debatable; she refused to listen to what I was saying and in fact essentially encouraged people to have ago at me.
You started out defending her and ended up attacking her... If she isnt teaching, get her sacked.

Oh and I can kinda see what she means with the CCTV, they are putting even more speed cameras in London... LONDON, the place where you barely move at all because the traffic is so bad... you arent going to be speeding there.

And we do have a lot of CCTV cameras here in Britain... its starting to get ridiculous. But not "Big Brother"-esque yet.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
GLXRBLT said:
The sad fact is that to often highly philosophical ideas are wielded by ignorant pricks and warped in such a way that the discussion of morality becomes meaningless to the material world. And then what fucking use is it?
It's late. I'm tired. Perhaps because of this I'm not entirely sure of your point.
Are you saying that scientifically gays are a-ok? Or are you saying that morals are meaningless? Or are you calling me an ignorant prick?

Honestly, I have no idea. No sarcasm. Please simplify.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
What is the first page most people read on a news paper (not a trick question) two people answer and said trevel and sports. Idiots.
What is a missle used by the US air force that has the same name as a desert snake known for shifting side to side in the sand leaving a windy trail (or something on the lines of that)
A group of four women agree on the answer "Stealth Missle"
Facepalm
for the first one i want you people to answer first onw right gets a cookie

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Teh_Lemon said:
You mean you're english and live in a relatively republican area, not normal. HUGE difference.
Conservative... Republican and Conservative arent one and the same. We dont have "Republicans" in England as that political party doesnt exist here... we do have "Conservatives" but even they dont hate gay people that much... the BNP, now theres a group similar to the Republicans, albeit worse but similar.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
McCa said:
CrazyHaircut94 said:
Ganthrinor said:
Hmm....

My work here is done.

Wait are you denying the effects of CO2 on the global temperatures? If so they are hardly stupid for agreeing with him, considering it is backed by some of the top minds in the world. Unless there is something apart from that you are referring to, in which case I plead ignorance.
That's not the point. They accepted the idea that this is all blown up to idiotic levels of panic, and then said that it's good even if politicians are fucking with our heads.

Anyway, I'm not the one to represent this, but I'll say this: Look into both sides of the coin. The IPCC may be giving us this proof, but there's no contradiction. To quote an old Arabic mathematician: "The seeker of truth does not put trust in any old consensus: he questions it, and submits his learning from it to reason & demonstration." Believe me, I was sold on the idea that we have to save ourselves from carbon doom, but I read more into it, and there is proof on the other side of the coin, but the media will never ever put these out. Yes, they can't put out things that are "lies", but they're denying scientists who've worked their asses off and found just as good proof as Al Gore or Michael Mann. Take Richard Lindzen or Anthony Watts as an example.

I will not debate this. You may reply, but I will not debate. I cannot tell you what is right or wrong, only what may be unclear. The rest is up to you to find out. If you're willing to look into this theory, I can provide sources and be glad to help, or, you can ignore my preaching. It's fully understandable, it sounds crazy from an outside perspective. We'll just wait and see who saved the world or who doomed it. Good day to you now.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
McCa said:

A school full of homophobics, I am fine with homosexuals/gays just don't try nothing on me. Although if you think I'm looking good let me know, just in a non-flaboyant gay way.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Evil Jak said:
McCa said:
Evil Jak said:
McCa said:
Evil Jak said:
McCa said:

This was in England?

You started out defending her and ended up attacking her... If she isnt teaching, get her sacked.

Oh and I can kinda see what she means with the CCTV, they are putting even more speed cameras in London... LONDON, the place where you barely move at all because the traffic is so bad... you arent going to be speeding there.

And we do have a lot of CCTV cameras here in Britain... its starting to get ridiculous. But not "Big Brother"-esque yet.
Yeah I remembered about half way in how crap she is. Yeah but she seemed to insist it was to track us down and stuff like that. It's for criminals dammit. Oh and one person said in response to an article "I think it wrong to tattle on benefit cheats" Upon asking "why?" I was greeted with "They are you neighbours" So like murderers shouldn't be reported. Oh and this is the same guy who thinks EVERY SINGLE foreigner is stealing our jobs/money/housing. Another idiot said that all Indian people smell bad or of more specificity Curry. And because they are Indian shouldn't be given jobs like doctors, because they smell. While he didn't want to be touched by them. And because a DOCTOR is stealing a job one of the most qualified jobs in the world, is being stolen by someone perfectly capable.. Oh and he was deadly serious even after I face palmed him.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
CrazyHaircut94 said:
McCa said:
CrazyHaircut94 said:
Ganthrinor said:
Hmm....

My work here is done.

That's not the point. They accepted the idea that this is all blown up to idiotic levels of panic, and then said that it's good even if politicians are fucking with our heads.

Anyway, I'm not the one to represent this, but I'll say this: Look into both sides of the coin. The IPCC may be giving us this proof, but there's no contradiction. To quote an old Arabic mathematician: "The seeker of truth does not put trust in any old consensus: he questions it, and submits his learning from it to reason & demonstration." Believe me, I was sold on the idea that we have to save ourselves from carbon doom, but I read more into it, and there is proof on the other side of the coin, but the media will never ever put these out. Yes, they can't put out things that are "lies", but they're denying scientists who've worked their asses off and found just as good proof as Al Gore or Michael Mann. Take Richard Lindzen or Anthony Watts as an example.

I will not debate this. You may reply, but I will not debate. I cannot tell you what is right or wrong, only what may be unclear. The rest is up to you to find out. If you're willing to look into this theory, I can provide sources and be glad to help, or, you can ignore my preaching. It's fully understandable, it sounds crazy from an outside perspective. We'll just wait and see who saved the world or who doomed it. Good day to you now.
You seem to have taken this defensively. I am used to anti-global warming people being idiots. Sorry for that. And frankly I know their is evidence to the contrary and neither is a proven. CO2 is effecting temperatures and the human interference is effecting the world , though whether or not it's going to kill us all is a matter of some debate. Better safe then sorry.

ANOTHER double post sorry folks. Keeping up with my most popular thread ever... disappointingly, I would hoped my writing would get more responses. But ah well

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
McCa said:
Yeah I remembered about half way in how crap she is. Yeah but she seemed to insist it was to track us down and stuff like that. It's for criminals dammit. Oh and one person said in response to an article "I think it wrong to tattle on benefit cheats" Upon asking "why?" I was greeted with "They are you neighbours" So like murderers shouldn't be reported. Oh and this is the same guy who thinks EVERY SINGLE foreigner is stealing our jobs/money/housing. Another idiot said that all Indian people smell bad or of more specificity Curry. And because they are Indian shouldn't be given jobs like doctors, because they smell. While he didn't want to be touched by them. And because a DOCTOR is stealing a job one of the most qualified jobs in the world, is being stolen by someone perfectly capable.. Oh and he was deadly serious even after I face palmed him.
That has the making of a good wall o'text there... A few line breaks here and there, it makes it easier on the eyes.

Also, yes they are for criminals but why should we all be treated like we might becriminals when the majority of us wouldnt even think about it.

Yeah... that guy is an idiot... I cant really take his argument seriously.