OH NO! you just died!

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Connect 4 (4 in a line). Best of 5.

At least I'd enjoy my final 20 minutes in a trivial sense, even if I lose.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
it doesnt really matter which game i challenge him to i am pretty much crap at all of them
actually on that note who can be the biggest loser pun intended i would win because i am shit at everything and he is nigh unbeatable

mastermarty

Feb 13, 2010
Europa Universalis III. If he doesn't know how to play it, wich is more than likely, he's got no chance! I don't even have to play, he'll just defeat himself.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Rockband.

It could go either way, depending on instrument.

I hope Death isn't good at singing >:D

That or Mao. Since those rules are practically made up as you go along.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Either a drum duel or a spelling contest. I'd let him choose, I'm confident in both fields.

njrk97

May 30, 2011
highest number.Who ever picks the higher number wins he goes first because the person who is challenged always goes first.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I will only agreed to the game nought and crosses game if only I go first! (Including when it end up as a draw.)
I always win when I go first so the only best thing that the Grim reaper can do is end up as a tie, then it will become a waiting game (which hopefully I won't crack up from it).

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
Either a drum duel or a spelling contest. I'd let him choose, I'm confident in both fields.
A drummer that's able to spell? I smell shenanigans.

Kidding.

Anyway, rock off, obviously.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
I will only agreed to the game nought and crosses game if only I go first! (Including when it end up as a draw.)
I always win when I go first so the only best thing that the Grim reaper can do is end up as a tie, then it will become a waiting game (which hopefully I won't crack up from it).
Problem with this idea is that it is fairly easy to be able to only ever win or tie, so Death will also play perfectly. You can get tired, he can't. He is not going to be the one to slip up first.

The idea of 'The Game' is a good one. It's likely that he will be unable to forget the game and so is likely to lose first.

Personally, I would opt for bubble shooter. I am better at that game than is good for me. Alternatively (and pessimistically) Assuming death will generally be more skilled than me, I'd choose a game of pure chance.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
ClockworkPenguin said:
Scarim Coral said:
Problem with this idea is that it is fairly easy to be able to only ever win or tie, so Death will also play perfectly. You can get tired, he can't. He is not going to be the one to slip up first.

The idea of 'The Game' is a good one. It's likely that he will be unable to forget the game and so is likely to lose first.

Personally, I would opt for bubble shooter. I am better at that game than is good for me. Alternatively (and pessimistically) Assuming death will generally be more skilled than me, I'd choose a game of pure chance.
Yeah that why I said "which hopefully I won't crack up from it" since I can see that game becoming my own personal hell if we keep having the game at tie for eternally. Surely whatever wait for me in hell is worse that that?

Plumerou

Mar 7, 2011
probably would toss a coin, and to make sure he doesnt cheat i throw the coin, at least is 50% chance that i go back to living, its more than if i try to be smarter than the grim reaper, considering he has been there since forever, so yeah, i have to say a game of pure luck that is not skill based.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
Off topic but I couldn't help but think of this when I read the title.

http://www.lspace.org/books/dawcn/dawcn-english.html

As for which game I would use? I honestly have no idea, im not especially good at anything, I just wanted to post that link.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Tic Tac Toe

If you know what you're doing, it's impossible to lose. Of course, if the other person knows what they're doing it's also impossible to win, but, you know, take what you can get.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Items off, 1 stock final destination (melee). I will Dr. Mario him so hard.

Alternatively Pokémon (5th gen OU). Or Magic the Gathering (side note, what deck would he play? Reanimator seems the obvious choice.)

In a serious situation, Calvinball would be the safest bet.