OH NO! You're a clone!

alex2212

May 17, 2011
Imagine you come home from work to find your doppelganger in your house, relaxing with your family or chilling with your friends. After a little investigation, you discover that YOU are their clone, with their memories and everything. You are fresh out of the lab, so they have been taking care of family business, but you feel as if you were there on all the family picnics and whatnot. Do you graciously vanish into the night, leaving the original to have your life? Discusse-vous!

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
I'm apparently a soulless abomination of mad science, unchained by the morality of human existence. I'm off to begin my career as a manager of my local Wal-Mart.

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
Make out with myself :p

Ya just continue with life I guess. Make up a "long lost twin" story if we had to go public with it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would reveal myself to him when he is alone since if he is me, he would love to have a clone around (although he would find it hard to believe). If he does not know how I came to be than I guess we would investigate who created me and why.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Leave? Just when I found the perfect multiplayer partner? Are you insane? We like all the same things, we have all the same systems and games, we both watch the same show, why would I leave?

richd213

Mar 2, 2011
I'm a clone? sweet! life has no consequences! ... no wait that's dreams isn't it?

If i'm a clone then there's no appreciable difference between me and the original apart from the fact that i spent all the time with my family and he did not. So screw him, i'm going to continue living my life. Would be cool to find out what the "real" me was like though.

EDIT: ignore that, i misread. I think i'd hang around anyway.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
So this is an 'Almost People' argument. Well if you go by that logic then one of you will die and one will survive and you become interchangeable to a morally grey time travelling mad man with a box.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
well...id party with my original. it would be awesome to screw with dates since we already have the same personality.

not to mention it would make one awesome tv series, "me myself and my clone"
its like a disney channel show except with more nerdiness and swearing.

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
I wouldn't care. I might change my name, but I'd still have my own thoughts and aspirations. If my original self gets in my way, he'll be dealt with. Multiplayer would be interesting. . . .

TheSuperiorXemnas

May 18, 2010
Pick up a copy of "Basic JRPG Character Motivation for Dummies" and dissapear from society, waiting for my adventure to begin.
....Nah, sounds too tedious (and i can miss out on some games). Just say we're long lost twins seperated at birth.

Landis963

May 23, 2011
It depends on the "rules", so to speak, of the cloning. If I'm doomed to degenerate in a few years by a poorly-explained process, I'd find some way to transmit my memories into the original after death, then go on a world tour and have fun. If not, then I'd talk to him privately, he can tell whoever he wants, and then we can con his workplace something so that we can spend more time with gf/gym/writing/Minecraft/whatever I remember from my life up until then. That memory-transmitter thing would still need to exist, if such a con would work.

Rules Lawyer fo' life, yo.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
People would just have to accept that there are two us.
TimeLord said:
So this is an 'Almost People' argument. Well if you go by that logic then one of you will die and one will survive and you become interchangeable to a morally grey time travelling mad man with a box.
I'm with Time Lord on this one.

Sutter Cane

Jun 27, 2010
easy. Start magic act. do that crap they did in The Prestige. profit.

More realistically though, it would cause some interesting problems with identity, and about who gets to use which stuff. I'd hate for me to hog my computer all day and not allow me to get on it. So yeah it'd be interesting, but I think original me would be understanding.

Death-Jester

Aug 19, 2009
Become the ultimate tag team! Never again would you lack a partner for games, karate or even the occasional ménage à trois.

Though if you were to assume a unique identity far away it's interesting to think the life you'd build around yourself could have been built by your original. Who wouldn't want to share themselves with as much of the world as possible? XP

NotPete

Apr 13, 2011
Wacky sit-com hijinks. That is, until I get jealous of myself, so I get a gun to kill me, but my awesome reflexes knock the gun out of my hand before I am able to fire. Then I frantically crawl for it, fighting me over it. I grasp my hand around the metal and spring to my feet. Lording over me, I spout something like "This will hurt me allot more than it would hurt me," and fire. Then I proceed to live my life normally.

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
we both work as a team to find the lab and create a clone army of me to take over the world.