Oh sweet baby Jesus no, burn AI to the ground, humanity can't be trusted with it

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Nvidia Corp.'s relentless rally has propelled the semiconductor giant's market capitalization over its mega-cap tech peers, helping it clinch the title of the world's most-valuable company as the artificial intelligence wave continues.

Shares rose as much as 3.4% to about $3.3 trillion on Tuesday, catapulting it over Microsoft Corp. and Apple Inc. The top stocks have jockeyed all month for the pole position, with Nvidia edging past its big-tech peers.

Earlier in the month, Nvidia capped Apple by market value for the first time since 2002, and the two went back and forth in rankings in recent days. Last week, Apple also overtook Microsoft to trade in the top spot briefly.
I love me a good bubble. Got a good feeling this one's gonna last forever. FOREVER!

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
On the upshot; if it bursts soon maybe the 5090 won't cost a month’s wages.
They might be riding high now, but you never know how suddenly the decline and fall can arrive. After all, how many people these days remember 3dfx?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

That said, people are having a great time using it in splendid ways

Sci-Fi Author: In my book I invented the Torment Nexus as a cautionary tale

Tech Company: At long last, we have created the Torment Nexus from classic sci-fi novel Don't Create The Torment Nexus

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That said, people are having a great time using it in splendid ways
He's absolutely the kind of guy who'll just tell the coders to block/restrict use of his image.

After all, he's the kind of guy who'd tell everyone that AI research poses an imminent threat to society and needs to be paused... right up until he starts his own AI company.

Last edited: