Ok, so I have heard you all talking about this game Minecraft...

Slemmy

Jul 25, 2010
You see this is one of those times where i can be a stuck up ass hole and be like, "haha silly people, I played this game before it got popular. So there for i am superior"
Mine craft used to be a game where you could either limitedly built whatever the hell you wanted in a small space with as many blocks as you want, or you could so survival where you had to work a little harder to get stuff and there "mobs" of enemies that could kill you in your little blocky vulnerability.
Now Notch (the creator) has become basically GOD! he has turned that small little game into one of thee funnest games I have played in a while (he made the level generator generate your playing field to be 8 times the surface of the earth.. im pretty sure), and it's uniqueness comes from the complex simplicity of it.
you do in fact mine and craft as the primary goal, but once you get really good you can start to make grand structures. for example a friend of mine is building a 1 to 1 scale model of the Parthenon (no im not shitting you)
I highly recommend this game to anyone who is considering/not considering giving it a try
and if you buy it before he comes out with Beta it is only 12 bucks, but if you wait to long it will be 24... so give it a try, buy it, play it, love it and in general be a more awesome person... in case you can't tell I LOVE MINECRAFT!

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
hittite said:
FREAKING. EPIC.

This is seriously how it goes tho. I was considering having a go of it, but pulled away knowing I've got my hands full as far as time-sinks ar concerned, with RDR, GTA4, Fallout 3 and H.A.W.X (yes I just reinstalled it on my pc last night)

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
Fenring" post="9.234209.8284903 said:
DEAR EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PURCHASE IT: I think MineCraft is having a "Free Weekend" right no (it is going on a week now). Go DL it and enjoy if it still is happening.

EDIT: nevermind... it has been answered

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Fenring said:
DEAR EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PURCHASE IT: I think MineCraft is having a "Free Weekend" right no (it is going on a week now). Go DL it and enjoy if it still is happening.

I also can explain most things in MC. Except Redstone circuits, I don't mess with those.
I think that's done.

However: DEAR EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PURCHASE IT:IT'S TWELVE BUCKS FOR A SHORT TIME.

Really, it's worth the two meals you'll have to skip.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
One fact of note: You only need to pay for this thing once. All future updates will be free of charge.

Spelunking is very fun. The sheer terror of getting lost in maze-like caverns deep below the surface of the earth is enough to keep me coming back. My first night with the game resulted in no sleep at all. The game's developer is thinking about making a siege mode (where, I would guess, mobs will break in to your fortress when they spawn), which is something I'm looking forward to.

There's some epic stuff made by people using this thing, a lot of clever mechanisms have been developed and it just keeps getting more addictive.

If you value your free time, don't try the game.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
lacktheknack said:
I think that's done.

However: DEAR EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PURCHASE IT:IT'S TWELVE BUCKS FOR A SHORT TIME.

Really, it's worth the two meals you'll have to skip.
Indeed. AND IT WILL ONLY GO UP IN PRICE!!! BUY NOW AND SAVE!!!!

Tsunimo said:
It seems to be over....
How much is it BTW?
(American Dollars preferably)
About 13USD. It's 10 Euros, and I don't know the conversion rate, but it's very close to $13.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
Hmm ive been looking at it and it seems pretty sweet. Im watching this really long lets play segment so hopefully I can get a bit of a better idea if I actually want to buy this. I just might. It seems like the developer came up with more ideas than anything ive ever seen, and the simplicity of the engine and the flexebility allows him to do nearly anything. Ive yet to see night time so ill hold all of my judgements till then. I hope theres a bit of challenge in surviving, the idea of crafting anything has always been a fantasy of mine in MMO's and some of my RPG's, specificly morrowind is what comes to mind the most when looking at this game. Im curious about the multiplayer too, perhaps a bit of competition or actually working together to survive might be pretty sweet. Is there water in it? I think it would be somthing kinda cool to actually have to eat and drink somewhat regularly, stockpiling goods in your fortress holding out with a few friends, sounds pretty epic. Is it possible to fight the creatures and actually survive? Looking at that penny arcade comic my imagination is running wild