OK, who NEVER found Dogmeat in Fallout 3?

JFenlon

May 30, 2009
I had him, shortly after i quit the game, i had no ammo, and he decided to run at about 10 little crab men.

Fightbulb

May 14, 2008
Theo Samaritan said:
Piemaster said:
Nope, but it is really worth the effort? Is Dogmeat particularly good?
He can't use any weapons, but he is a small target and does enough to take care of a small group of talon mercs. Still, I left him in megaton, as the path finding on companions is HORRIBLE. As I tend to scramble over things, its better I stay alone.
That does get annoying after a while, having to go out of your way not to lose a companion. Still, he does come in handy when you're facing Albino scorpions and Deathclaws, because they usually go for Dogmeat first, who apparently has about 5000 HP. Not really worth the hassle though.

edit: I didn't actually find him, I just looked up his location. After about 90 hours into my first playthrough.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Since he was so prominently featured in so many trailers leading up to the game, I figured I'd get him at some point in the story. Then I forgot about him until the end, when he appeared on a the concluding slideshow. I was all, "Oh yeah, why didn't I get a dog?"

Fawkes was the only companion I got. I'm sure he's more useful than Dogmeat, even if he is a prick at the end.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I was low level outside the junkyard's west fence and kept hearing barking but didn't know what it was and left the area. Much later I was crossing through the junkyard at high level and stumbled across him. Since I never looked into the game, I had no clue who he was. He helped quite a bit, keeping aggro off me so I could snipe, but eventually he died and I didn't feel like going back to the last quicksave. I missed him, but he couldn't mule like the other companions so oh well.

Never bothered with him my second play through and don't really plan on getting him now on my third.

Blood_Lined

Mar 31, 2009
I found him completely by accident, but was too nervous to actually bring him around with me 'cause I didn't want the poor guy to get killed in a gun fight, so I just took him to my house in megaton and then told him to stay put for the rest of the game.

SP MeaslyBinkie

Aug 27, 2008
I found him but he would not stop dying so I decided to cave his head in with a sledgehammer for making me reload my autosave about 20 times.